Vdara Hotel & Spa
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$134
$179
Bellagio.com
$135
  • Pool
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$90
$56
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$189
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$410
$189
SignatureMGMGrand
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
$146
$113
Agoda.com
$19
16,942 results
All reviewsnon smokingmarket cafecity corner suitebellagio fountainsdeluxe suiteshort walknon gaming hotelcovered walkwayblackout shadesother hotelssmall kitchenthe sofa bedwasher and dryermonte carlosoaking tubquiet hoteldining table
Reviewed September 16, 2010

We arrived at the Vdara after being delayed for three hours on the way out from the UK so sending us to a room which hadn't been cleaned maybe wasn't the best start. But the staff on the front desk couldn't have been more helpful (they were clearly embarrassed that this had happened) and the room we ended up with was worth the wait.
The rooms are great - really large and well equipped (though it was a little strange there was no kitchenware in the kitchen) - and also the quietest rooms I have experienced in Las Vegas. All the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful which makes staying there a pleasant experience.
The location of the Vdara couldn't be better - a short walk from the hotel takes you to the back of the Bellagio and the mono rail to Crystals/Aria/Monte Carlo - which makes it easy to get to anywhere else.
The only niggles were around some rough edges on the housekeeping. The hotel has a hi-tech system for indicating when you would like the room cleaned but this doesn't always seem to be taken into account, e.g. we were out for almost the whole day and had indicated that the room could be cleaned but, when we returned we found it hadn't been. These weren't serious problems though.
Both the business centre and the fitness centre were well equipped - and again the staff were friendly and helpful.
I would definitely recommend the Vdara.

1  Thank Frostie181
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband and I along with another couple stayed here and found it to be very quiet, relaxing and very comfortable. The valet only parking was nice as well as east access to the tram. The restaurants and bars were very expensive. A can of soda was 7 bucks and a glass of house wine was 11 bucks. A little much. Over all, very nice and would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank pittsteelersfan
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I appreciated Vdara's quietness. The location is OK. It's easy to get to Bellagio, Caesar's, and Monte Carlo. But it's pretty far back from the Strip in the City Center property. The pool is quite and relaxed, and the lobby is nice. The rooms were big, and our view (looking South) was great. If you want neon lights, a casino, and drunk frat boys, you may not want to stay here. But if you want a nice place, stay. The spa was good too, but small.

1  Thank Jarred W
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I spent at the Vdara 4 days. We usually stay at the Wynn or Encore, but for the dates we selected these hotels were too expensive. We decided to try the Vdara.

We stayed in the Aria before, and we didn't like it at all, so we were a little concerned.

My husband got annoyed right away when we found out that there was only valet parking, because he doesn't like to wait for the car. It turned out that the Valet service was EXTREMELY efficient and the most we had to wait for the car was 3 minutes (timed). So, this was not an issue at all.

The hotel is very nice, the room is comfortable although a little less "well thought" than others. For instance, the switch for the lights is only at the entrance of the room, and it's not possible to turn off the the lights, or open/close the shades from the bed.
I was surprised too that the kitchen was COMPLETELY empty. Since they ask for a daily deposit of $100 for the room (refunded at the end of the stay), I would have thought that there was something in there.
The bathroom is great, even though the selection of amenities isn't at par with other hotels of the same class (no sowing kit, no shoe mitt, no shower cap).
The bed is one of the best you'll ever sleep in.
If you're in a lower floor, on the pool side, you might hear the music from the pool, which starts at 1pm. The rooms facing the Bellagio hotel don't have that issue, but they're pricier since they've the "view" of the Bellagio lake.

I noticed that some reviewers said that the only way to have breakfast is to spend $75 at the restaurant. This is simply not true.
There is a restaurant (Silk road) open for breakfast and lunch. The service is impeccable and the food is excellent (much better than many other restaurants in Vegas). The full American breakfast (eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, coffee and juice) is $22/person.
But you can just have a coffee and a good pastry at the bar. Even take it away. There the coffee is cheaper than at Starbuck's. We had breakfast at the restaurant only once and the other days we spent around $10/person at the bar, including s generous tip.

The pool is not very big, but adequate for the size of the hotel. The day beds and the cabanas cost as much as in any other luxury hotel in Vegas.

There is the possibility to get umbrellas, asking the pool staff. It's free (but tips are appreciated...these umbrellas are HEAVY). The pool staff is extremely helpful and cheerful. I'd like to mention especially Zac, who approached us asking if we needed help the first day, and every day he remembered us, our name, how we wanted our chairs and would regularly check on us to see if we needed anything. They aren't pushy with their services, but if you need them, they're there.

The food and drinks at the pool are very good, better than the average pool side fool in Vegas, and with the same price range (which means, not cheap...but it's Vegas).
Between the waitresses, Brandie has been very nice and helpful, and she also works at times at the lobby bar. She remembered our order and our preferences from one day to the next.

There is a $15 resort fee per day. This is lower than in other hotels (it's generally $20), and it is supposed to include two bottles of water/day, access to the spa/gym, and internet from the room. The problem is that the internet in the room worked only one day out of four. I asked other guests, and it was the same for them, too. If they FORCE me to pay for a service I might not want, at least that service should work. They should really work on that. Internet is like a commodity nowadays, it shouldn't be rocket science.

At night there is no restaurant in service, but one can have dinner at the Lobby bar, with some nice simple "tapas style" dishes. Anyway, the hotel is right in the middle of everything, few steps from the Bellagio and the Aria, so finding food and fun isn't really an issue.

This hotel clearly focuses on the level of service given to the guests, not on the number of "amenities". We had a very good, relaxing time and we will certainly consider the Vdara for our next trips to Vegas.

6  Thank madmadcat
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I couldn't have been happier with my stay at the Vdara. No, I don't think it's quite a five-star hotel, but the beauty, tranquility, and elegant atmosphere made my stay really wonderful. The Vdara is the perfect respite from the hustle and bustle (and grime) of The Strip - and, for me, the no-casino, no-smoking aspect was a huge plus. Our room was lovely, and we asked for and were given a room with a view of the Bellagio Fountains. The bathroom was terrific and roomy (and, oh that tub - perfect for soaking after a long day of walking), and we found housekeeping to be just fine. Everyone with whom we interacted on the property was nice and helpful - and I got the same quality of response when I called after I got home with a question about my bill. The only thing I was say was that the lack of a place to get a quick breakfast/snack/cup of coffee was fairly glaring, but then again it's a short walk to the Bellagio or the Aria. I'd absolutely stay here again. The walk to the Aria/Bellagio for the tram is a breeze, and it's not difficult to get through the Bellagio and out onto The Strip, either. I've got no complaints!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends