18,018 results
All reviews non smoking market cafe corner suite short walk bellagio fountains panoramic suite non gaming hotel covered walkway blackout shades easy access other hotels small kitchen the sofa bed washer and dryer quiet hotel soaking tub monte carlo
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Finally, a resort/hotel got it right. Not only did they get it right, they nailed it on the head.
Vdara is just one of the several towers located inside City Center - a new and much smarter way to build a resort on The Strip. I could go on and on about City Center and it's crown jewel, Aria, but I'll spare you my witty banter and stick with where we stayed - at The Vdara.

This was one of the best stays and hotels I have have ever experienced in Vegas and I go there quite frequently. Upon checking in, the clerk noticed I had celebrated my 40th birthday earlier that week. With no prompting from me, me and my partner were instantly upgraded to a deluxe suite on one of the tower's highest floors.

Upon walking into the room, it was heaven, 50 stories up. A mini kitchen with top of the line appliances, 2 flat screen tv's, a lovely living room, a huge bathroom with a separate soaking tub, and a wonderful bed. And the view - one of the best. Out one window were the dancing fountains of the Bellagio, and the other set of windows were a view of the Rio.

The property itself reminds me of a sleek, chic hotel in Soho or The Meatpacking District. And whatever scent they pump into the air system should be sold in the hotel's gift shop. It is relaxing without being obnoxious.

The pool - very relaxing and best of all, there's none of that gross Vegas "pool scene" like one would see at other mega resorts. All quiet and people wanting just to get a tan.

The tower is a no smoking, non gaming tower which makes it a welcome oasis from the Strip. If you want action, go to the centerpiece - Aria.

We did not leave our resort once to go anywhere else. Why would you have to leave? All the top eateries, shopping, casinos, art, and spas are located on site! (confession - we did leave once so that we could enjoy Cher at Caesar's palace!)

Overall, I will be back again, bravo Vdara for getting it right. And bravo to City Center for bringing a touch of sophisticated elegance to The Strip.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kenika91
Reviewed June 26, 2010

The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous with a lovely ambiance. It is definitely a nice place to go back to after you have been on a long flight or out on the strip all day as it is non gaming and therefore non smoking. The beds ar also ridicoulously comfortable. The room service was also extrelmely thorough.
I was however very disappointed with the service at the hotel. Thsi is my second trip to Vegas and the 3rd Vegas hotel I have stayed in. Compared to the other 4 and 5 star hotels I stayed at, the srvice was just not up to scratch! There were three of us to a room. Extra sheets and bedding was not provided. We had to ask for it and then waited about 2 hrs for it to arrive. Although the deluxe rooms feature a very nice kitchenette, there were no bowls,plates, knives, forks or any utensils for that matter. Again we had to request these. One morning I woke up with a terrible hangover and not being a fan of tap water I called room service to request bottled water. The water again came about two hours later. The rooms were nice but there was a very poor use of space and our view left a lot to be desired. I hurt myself on the room divider several times and please do not be fooled by the videos on the vdara website of the suites as they really are not that spacious.
At the end of the holiday, we were told we had to pay a 15 dolla a day resot fee. We were told by the agents that we booked through that we would not have to pay this as this was included in the price we had paid upfront. When we queried this upon check in, we were again reassured that we had already paid the resort fee. You can therefore imagine our horror when we were hit with this at the end of our stay. We argued with the less than understanding manager until she agreed that we would only have to pay half of the total cost.
I would not recommend this hote and would certainly suggest the signature at mgm if you are looking for a luxiourious non gaming hotel with good service!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2010

I'll start by telling you what we didn't experience so I can get to the review. Didn't eat at Silk Road or visit the pool or spa. Also didn't have a drink at Bar Vdara, but it's in the lobby and usually had people there.

First off, it's really easy to get into City Center by cab, the lanes are well marked and signed. The taxi driver knew right where to go. I loved driving up to the hotel for the first time after watching it being built over the last 2-3 years. We were greeted by a bellman whose name I wish I had gotten! He was VERY friendly and professional and gave us a ticket for our bags, instructing us to call the bell desk when we were checked in and they would bring the bags right up. When you walk into the lobby, it's cool and smells FANTASTIC, like you could drink the air it smelled so good. There was no line to check in at 4pm on a Saturday and the young man who checked us in was again very friendly and professional. He asked if we were in town just for fun or for a reason and we told him our wedding anniversary fell during the trip. He put us on the 20th floor in a suite that faced the Bellagio fountains and said it was a great view; he was right! The lobby is chic and sophistocated with modern styled couches and chairs. Later during our first evening, we received a complimentary bottle of champagne from the hotel for our anniversary. I was stunned and surprised and touched, thank you!

There are six elevators for each section of the hotel, one set of 6 for up for floors 28 or 29 and the other set for floors higher than 29 (I think). We never once in 5 days waited longer than 10 seconds for an elevator and rarely rode with anyone else even though there were plenty of people in the hotel. Even the elevator was chic with a blue glass wall that reminded me of water and a nice wood panel against the back. When exiting the elevators on the 20th floor, the hallways and room numbers are clearly marked and if you take a wrong turn, there's another short connection hallway a few steps down the hall so you don't have to turn around and go all the way back.

The hallway is curved and the room numbers are on glass panels with doorbell buttons. The key pad on the door was cool, you just wave your room key in front of it to unlock the door. Walking into the room was like entering heaven. Very cool and modern with a kitchen, two fridges (one a for-pay minibar), a microwave, a stove top, a Keurig coffee maker and several cabinets. We could have gotten kitchenware but we didn't need it so we didn't call for it. There were two coffee mugs in the room along with bottles water, coffee pods, and creamer/sugar packets. The Deluxe Suite was the smaller one, but still plenty big enough for two people with a huge king sized bed and comfortable couch. There was a media station in the cabinet that worked great for plugging in my USB charger for my Droid. The blinds and shades are controlled from a panel on the wall and were slick and easy to use. A panel at the door lets you change your doorbell button to blue for do not disturb or green for ready for housekeeping. It was all easy to use and clearly marked, but I'm sure the bellman wouldn't hesitate to give a tour if you needed one. The room also had a nice 42" flat panel TV with HD channels which we watched while getting ready in the morning or before going out in the evening. Nice touch with the HD channels, we definitely noticed.

The bathroom was the biggest bathroom I've ever had in a hotel room with great lighting and a really nice, deep tub to relax in that was the perfect size for my height (5'3"). One recommendation that doesn't leave a black mark on my review at all would be some towel bars or hooks other than on the shower door. There was nowhere to hang a hand towel or wash cloth when you were done using it.

The room came with a ladies robe and a mens robe and those were so great, I wanted to steal them (I didn't though). Soft polished cotton on the outside, plush fabric on the inside. The sheets were soft, the comforter was light down and in a duvet, not just wrapped in sheets like other hotels (MGM Grand), the pillows were HEAVEN, huge and soft and moldable.

After unpacking our things into the multiple dresser and night stand drawers, and lighted double doored closet, and marveling at the view from our window, we ventured out to explore City Center. The tram at the Bellagio is a very short walk from the lobby and we found out from a doorman at the Bellagio that the walkway doesn't close anymore. I repeat, the walkway to the tram and Bellagio is open 24/7. There is a beautiful view of Aria from the tram platform, where trains arrive every six minutes.

Crystals Mall was quiet, but had plenty of people in it and is a lovely shopping area that wasn't as big as I thought from looking at their website. Might have been because there are still a few unopened vendors. The swirl fountains were very cool and we saw the ice sculptures, but didn't check back on them every day to see if/how they changed. The mall was very easy to navigate and there are several ways to enter/exit. We chose to walk past the night club and Beso out into the Aria valet area, past the Aria waterwall into the casino.

Aria is modern, sophistocated and beautiful. It wasn't difficult to navigate and was light and airy, for being a casino. I wish I had taken more pictures, but it was an overwhelming experience and I didnt' want to look like a tourist :) We didn't eat at any of the Aria restaurants or see the Elvis show, but we did explore the second floor where the theater and buffet are. It's a really beautiful hotel/casino and we found the walk from the casino/valet area on the north side of Aria to be very convenient to get back to Vdara. In the heat of the day, the 2 minute walk was hotter than hell, but what walk in Vegas isn't in June, July and August?

The walkway from the south valet/reception entrance at Aria leads you past an art gallery and the Veer Towers, which are very cool, on the other side of the road, with Crystals mall connected by the same walkway. A stairway can take you down to the Mandarin Oriental, which we did not go to, and just past that was an escalator that takes you down past the Caroline Herrera gown shop onto the strip. CVS Pharmacy is just around the corner.

You can also board the tram from Aria and Crystals to the Monte Carlo and walk through their Street of Dreams shops and past their food court. It's not hard to get out of the MC to the strip either.

I can't figure out what people in previous reviews are talking about when they say City Center is difficult to get around. They were either clueless or had a horrible sense of direction. We found it to be convenient and easy to nagivate and a joy to walk through.

I visited the concierge desk at Vdara twice. The first time, the cell phone charger I brought wasn't charging my phone, so I asked the concierge Evan to help me find a shop where I could get a new charger without having to scour the strip for a Verizon store. He recommended a mobile accessory delivery service that didn't charge more than a Verizon store and also delivered for free. He placed the order for me and it was at the bell desk when we got back from our afternoon travels around the strip. Evan, you were the best, thanks for all your help.

The other time was to print out our boarding passes for our flights and the other concierge who helped us was friendly and professional, just like everyone else we encountered at the hotel. I didn't run into one snobby or nasty person there, including housekeeping, who went out of their way to arrange the barrage of cosmetics and things I left on the counter in a heap.

I have to say that either this hotel was built with superior products or the clientele is of a higher class (or both) because even though there were plenty of people in the hotel at the same time we were, we never heard a door shut, loud voices, a blaring television or any outside noise other than some construction equipment beeping from the Cosmo (which is trying hard to blend in but failing miserably). We weren't once awakened by rude neighbors or flushing toilets or even the person who hung the newspaper on the door in the morning. Coming back to a cool, quiet, beautiful, good smelling hotel every time we needed a break from a casino was bliss.

In closing, I can definitively say that when we come to Vegas from now on, which tends to be yearly in the summer, we won't hesitate to make the Vdara our home away from home. We've been hotel hopping over the last five years, staying at NYNY, Sahara, Luxor, MGM and now Vdara and we have found our home away from home and have no intention of hotel hopping ever again. I was so sad to leave and I can't wait to come back! Well done, Vdara staff and management, you are a cut above the rest!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank shelnbay
Reviewed June 25, 2010

It was a truly good experience, the hotel was fabulous, we stayed in a deluxe suite.
All staff were more genrous than I had expected with a lot better service than hotelier's here in England!!
Concierge and Bell desk were excellent, rooms were cleaned every day (to my high standards!), 24 hour room service and restaurant inlcluded.
We overlooked the Bellagio hotel. Best hotel stay I've ever had.
Highly recommend 35th floor!
xx
P.S. Bear in mind Vegas is all built on tips, so take more money than you anticipate is needed!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I went to Vdara with 3 girlfriends for Memorial Day weekend. First, I booked the 2 story, 2 bedroom penthouse and 2 days before we were to arrive I was informed the suite was no longer available (despite my reservation from January). While we were at dinner the last night of our stay, someone entered our "hospitality suite" and stole over $3,000 worth of items (i.e., handbags, wallets, ipods). We reported the incident to the hotel and the police. The hotel has refused to compensate us and I was forced to claim the items through my homeowners insurance. Risk management was dreadful. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. I paid over $6,000 for our 3-day visit and they refuse to compensate for our items. Back to the Wynn for me.

Date of stay: May 2010