“An Oasis in the Desert”

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #13 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 10, 2010

The Vdara is a peaceful haven amidst the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas and after staying there for 7 nights, I would definitely return.

From walking into the lobby for the first time, the fresh, slightly floral (not overly powerful as it didn't set off my rather sensitive allergies) scent. Check in was slow, not because of the clerks, however, but because of the people in the queue in front of us who queried every last detail of every last word on paper you sign stating that you acknowledge the Vdara is a non smoking hotel and has no casino and what the resort fee entails.

The room was uber clean, uber modern and the bed was even more comfortable to the one we slept in at the Bellagio last year. I also wish I had a suitcase large enough to take the entire bathroom home with me!

Just to clarify a few things. When you leave your room, press the house keeping button by the door, our house keeper said that it all gets collated by a computer and when there are enough house keeping signals, they come and clean those ready to be cleaned on your floor.

The walkway to Bellagio is literally a minute's walk and it's also faster to walk to Aria through the front doors of Vdara than it is to take the tram - we found that out the second day! If you want to save your legs, it takes 3 minutes on the Tram to get from Bellagio to Monte Carlo or about 10 minutes (at a very leisurely pace) to walk from Vdara, through Aria to Monte Carlo.

We didn't use the turn down service but housekeeping in the morning will bring you two small bottles of water and the keurig coffee pods and creamer packs so you don't need to have the turn down service to get them! Also, if you do want to kitchenware and utensils, it took about 5 minutes for housekeeping to bring them to our room.

We used room service, and I thought it was very good value for money. We didn't use silk road though but it now has a grab and go coffee bar for those who don't want to use the coffee maker in the room. Again, if you don't want to use Silk Road, your best bet would be to walk through to Aria for the fastest coffee.

Location, yes Vdara is set back from the strip but it's still close to the action. When the sidewalk opens properly, you'll be 5 - 10 minutes from the madness and mayhem of Las Vegas Boulevard.

To sum up, don't let the negative comments put you off. We had the best hotel experience we've ever had in Las Vegas. In a way, it's a bit like being in the Caribbean where the slower pace of life take a bit of time to get used to but when you slow down with it, you'll realise how much of an oasis the Vdara really is.

1  Thank girlsumps

Reviewed June 10, 2010

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at! Right when we pulled up in our cab, we were greeted by the friendliest bellman ever. He was chatty, and helpful, and took us to the check-in counter and check-in took less than 5 minutes. We were upgraded to a Jr. Suite for the price of deluxe room. The smell in the lobby is phenomenal & superior to any of the hotel lobby's I've smelled in Vegas lol... The walkway joining the bellagio and Vdara is 30 seconds at the most - however, the walk inside the Bellagio is quite long.. I spent a lot of time at the Belaggio & while it's nice in there - I would pick Vdara over that place any day. Our suite was huge, with state of the art appliances, and a washer and dryer! On our last night in Vegas, we had caught a cab back to the hotel at some ungodly hour & the bellman recognized us and chatted w/ us more -- we loved him. I sooo can't wait to go back. People who criticize this place seriously have unrealistic expectations and should get over themselves. This place is top notch & excellent value for your money.

1  Thank margaretchantel
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I've been to Vegas a few times and last time I got a good deal through a German travel agency for the Vdara. Was even a lot cheaper than the Bellagio, so we thought we might as well give it a try.
We loved it! Got a room on the 48th floor with great views on the Bellagio Pool and Fountain. The rooms are pretty big and comfortable. Our room was also very clean - so I can't agree with the comments written from others. The service was nice but we didn't really use any services - so no opinion on that from my side. There are no dishes in the kitchen - they put in whatever you need if you plan to use it. But who needs a kitchen in Vegas?
The pool was nice but it's nothing special. I liked the quiet atmosphere. You get enough gambling all over - you really don't need it in your own hotel. I also didn't mind the location - it's not right on the strip but that didn't bother us at all. Go to the Aria for Buffet - it's great food, nice selection and nice location with windows - not some dark place like most Buffets are in Vegas. 2nd best is for sure the Bellagio buffet for dinner!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anna_bananav
Reviewed June 8, 2010

It's been just couple of hrs & I am already missing it. There are days, when people get disappointed even with Hotels like Bellagio and Venetian. Their bad.
My stay at VDara was a memorable one. If I ever comeback to Vegas, it will be VDara again. Myself and my husband just loved it.

Reviewed June 8, 2010

The wife and I recently stayed three nights at Vdara, and what a treat! The rooms are absolutely amazing, towering high above the Las Vegas skyline to provide a beautiful view from every side.

To say that the room itself was clean is an understatement. Everything here is new, shiny, and extremely impressive. The oversized hot tub was well recieved by my wife. We ordered room service our first night from the Silk Road restaraunt that was just absoultely delicious!

The Bellagio is connected to Vdara via skywalk and Aria is just a few steps away if a Casino is what you are looking for. It's quite refreshing not having to manuver my way around slot machines and card just to get to my room! The swimming pool is on the second floor, so you don't have to go through the lobby in your swimwear just to relax poolside either!

Vdara is an amazing experience in the heart of Vegas, but secluded enough to provide the comfort of a complete getaway. Teriffic, friendly staff. Clean facilities. Quiet, comfortable, modern. Yes, Vdara is a bit on the pricey side as far as hotels in Vegas go, but worth every penny if a World-Class experience is what you are looking for.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2010

this was an excellent hotel with no smoking policy or casino - Aria and Bellagio so close by to enjoy the crowds and casinos but so nice to come 'home' to a peaceful quite place. Standard deluxe room was more than adequate - ask for a room with a view of the Bellagio fountains. Each room has a fridge, micro oven along with a stove top if wanting to keep any food in your room. Only one restaurant but we mostly brunched it at Aria at the buffet - excellent value. The staff at Vdara very pleasant and helpful. Businss centre good. Hotel rooms and lobby very clean.
Pool small but adequate - again staff very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to couples and families.

Reviewed June 6, 2010

This was my first stay at the Vdara. Went for a mom/daughter getaway. Can't say enough positives about this place. We had an early flight so I had requested an early check in and they exceeded my expectations with our room ready immediately. Requested a top floor and was given the 51st! We had an awesome view of the city and the Bellagio water show. The room was clean, comfortable, and met our needs. Very comfortable bed and enjoyed the soaking tub. After reading other reviews I came prepared with a few disposable kitchen items. We piled lots of snacks into the frig. and used the microwave once. The concierges were wonderful - especially John. All of the staff were friendly. Don't know why some people said they were rude. Enjoyed pool time every day and always had a great time. My daughter enjoyed the Wi-Fi for her I-phone. We didn't mind the daily service charge. Other hotels charge them too. Overall, it was a fantastic hotel from quick check in to quick check out. I recommend it to everyone and hope to return again. Thank you Vdara for getting it right!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family