“Utterly Phenomenal”

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #13 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 8, 2010

The wife and I recently stayed three nights at Vdara, and what a treat! The rooms are absolutely amazing, towering high above the Las Vegas skyline to provide a beautiful view from every side.

To say that the room itself was clean is an understatement. Everything here is new, shiny, and extremely impressive. The oversized hot tub was well recieved by my wife. We ordered room service our first night from the Silk Road restaraunt that was just absoultely delicious!

The Bellagio is connected to Vdara via skywalk and Aria is just a few steps away if a Casino is what you are looking for. It's quite refreshing not having to manuver my way around slot machines and card just to get to my room! The swimming pool is on the second floor, so you don't have to go through the lobby in your swimwear just to relax poolside either!

Vdara is an amazing experience in the heart of Vegas, but secluded enough to provide the comfort of a complete getaway. Teriffic, friendly staff. Clean facilities. Quiet, comfortable, modern. Yes, Vdara is a bit on the pricey side as far as hotels in Vegas go, but worth every penny if a World-Class experience is what you are looking for.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 7, 2010

this was an excellent hotel with no smoking policy or casino - Aria and Bellagio so close by to enjoy the crowds and casinos but so nice to come 'home' to a peaceful quite place. Standard deluxe room was more than adequate - ask for a room with a view of the Bellagio fountains. Each room has a fridge, micro oven along with a stove top if wanting to keep any food in your room. Only one restaurant but we mostly brunched it at Aria at the buffet - excellent value. The staff at Vdara very pleasant and helpful. Businss centre good. Hotel rooms and lobby very clean.
Pool small but adequate - again staff very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to couples and families.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2010

This was my first stay at the Vdara. Went for a mom/daughter getaway. Can't say enough positives about this place. We had an early flight so I had requested an early check in and they exceeded my expectations with our room ready immediately. Requested a top floor and was given the 51st! We had an awesome view of the city and the Bellagio water show. The room was clean, comfortable, and met our needs. Very comfortable bed and enjoyed the soaking tub. After reading other reviews I came prepared with a few disposable kitchen items. We piled lots of snacks into the frig. and used the microwave once. The concierges were wonderful - especially John. All of the staff were friendly. Don't know why some people said they were rude. Enjoyed pool time every day and always had a great time. My daughter enjoyed the Wi-Fi for her I-phone. We didn't mind the daily service charge. Other hotels charge them too. Overall, it was a fantastic hotel from quick check in to quick check out. I recommend it to everyone and hope to return again. Thank you Vdara for getting it right!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank working4traveling
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Almost did not stay due to bad blogs, quick fact check: Some light gets thru black-out blinds - TRUE, Rude Help - FALSE, Resort Fee does not cover all - TRUE, Dirty Rooms - FALSE, Low Water pressure - FALSE, Technical glitches - FALSE, Slow Service - FALSE, Poorly Designed Rooms - FALSE, Front Desk Girls look like Supermodels - TRUE, Room Service not full serve 24/7 - TRUE, Kitchen has no plates - TRUE (get real, we'd steal 'em blind if they did!) Would I stay there again - oh hell YES! I have been visiting Las Vegas once or twice a year since around 1995, have had the frequent Flyer card past double platinum. Of all the places I’ve ever stayed this was the absolute best! . . . They should charge $25 just for entering the lobby. The aroma therapy would be worth the price. Genius. (bet other resorts to copy this.) . . . Check in was pleasant. The Hotel was 100% full for Derby & fight but somehow there was little or no line at the desk. This was obviously no ones first job at a hotel front desk. I had arrived well before my check-in time but was not turned away even though my room was not expected for hours. I was pre-checked in and before I knew it the bags were handled and I was worry free to explore. . . . Went next door to Bellagio which may have been closer than if I was staying at the Bellagio, won $70 had their awesome buffet & came back. . . . Check in fully completed in just moments, I was slowing this down, not the Vdara pros. . . . Fumbling with proximity key reader for first time, maid, instead of lowering her eyes made eye contact and said “let me show you how that works”. Wow, new maid behavior, cool. . . . Bellman brings bags, not even knowing if I tip well or not, gives d-lux $20 room tour anyway, nice, have a bill ready for ‘em when they do it for you. . . . Even the cheap room is to die for. . . . The view is great, whizz-bang electric blinds cool, kitchen complete, bathroom had all those expensive Aveda bottles my girlfriend spends hundreds on, modern well laid out nicer than most. . . . Next morning, holy crap $300 robe and slippers, wish I’d have put 'em on last night! Too fine to be free 4 me to wear but I guess I'm wrong, they are not on my bill. . . . A hotel in Vegas next to casino but not IN it is so unexpectedly pleasant, bold and smart move to put one ON the strip. . . . Morning anoyance: I needed more cream and sugar for awesome high-end coffee maker and housekeeping had it there so fast it was as if they were standing outside my door waiting for me to call. How the F did they do that? A new hospitality industry first; lightning housekeeping. . . . The pool/spa next door at Aria I liked better but the Vdera would be fine if I didn't discover the other one. . . . The resort access fee was not the fee for FREE access to everything as its PR spin seemed to imply, but that would have been to good to be true so temper your disappointment in this, if you don't know there is no free lunch & tooth fairy do not go to Vegas. . . . Green Low-Carbon approach a bonus. . . . Most comfortable bed & sheets in a long time, I gotta find out what kind & get some.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank FlemBrimstone
Reviewed June 5, 2010

This was my first time in Vegas so I don't really have anything to compare this stay to but I found Vdara to be great. I was getting worried just before our trip after reading the bad reviews (fire alarm, rude staff, far from the strip) but experienced none of that.

We flew in May 29 at around 10:30 pm and the strip itself was packed because of the UFC fight but the hotel check in was a breeze, only one person in front of us. The front desk explained the $15 daily resort fee (which I knew when I booked so we brought our laptop) and that the hotel was non-smoking, non-gaming. The hotel is literally a breath of fresh air as others have mentioned comparable to the smoke filled casino hotels. We cut through Bellagio to get to the strip, about 5 min. walk so it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

We were on the 30th floor overlooking the Bellagio pool and could see a bit of the fountain and the Eiffel tower. My bf was impressed with the room right when we walked in. Room was very clean, big, comfy bed, clean bathroom with all the amenities mentioned on their site, 2 big screen tv's and small fridge in the kitchenette. We didn't use the pool, room service or spa so I can't say anything about those. We hardly used the kitchenette except for storing our water and drinking coffee. Front desk was helpful whenever we had questions. Overall, I really liked Vdara and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diva1979
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because we had our two young children with us, and wanted a hotel that was non-smoking, no casino, and quiet. It was that, and boosts it's a 5 star hotel. It's really just a 4 star hotel. It was clean, and great amenities, ( spa and pool). However, the employees were ok, didn't seem like most of them were happy to be there, most were polite when spoken to, but none compared to other 5 star hotels. We had tea at the Manderin Oriental, also in City Center, and one hotel over, and their service and employees even in the short time we were there, were waaaaaaaaaaay better than Vdara. Rooms at Vdara were beautiful, large, clean and spacious, very quiet, rooms were occupied all around us, but never heard anyone in other rooms or the halls. Check out was slow, and I had to request for another staff to come as the line was growing, only had one person dealing with some unhappy people. The rest of us could see they were unhappy and the way I had to request for another person made me unhappy. This hotel looks like and tries to be a 5 star hotel, but is lacking in so many ways. I would have to agree with others who have reviewed, this hotel just doesn't live up to what it portrays it to be. I would stay here only again if it's a good deal, otherwise, I think we would try the Manderin Oriental or Aria next door.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tritzilla
Reviewed June 4, 2010

We spent a few nights here at the end of our West Coast holiday & had a great time!

The hotel doesn't have a casino but links straight to the Bellagio, so you get the peace & quiet of a lovely hotel & aren't too far from the madness of Vegas!

Rooms are a good size, clean & comfortable beds!

The staff at reception could be a little more clued up & helpful but apart from that no bad feedback!

It is a business hotel & very different from the typical Las Vegas hotels. So if you want the OTT of it all in your hotel, this isn't the one for you!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends