“Great new experience in Vegas”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hamilton
“Great new experience in Vegas”
Reviewed April 10, 2010

We stayed at the Vdara in Mid March following a cruise out of LA. We had chosen this new hotel because of the great rate we found on BA website. We had some concern as the hotel was not open when we booked but the no smoking rule really attracted us.

We arrived mid Saturday afternoon, the checkin went reaaly quick, no queues, and we were upgraded nto a better room overlooking the Bellagio fountains. We just asked for a room with the view not realising there was an upgrade involved and we were told the hotel was full so this was a real benefit.

The room was on the 28th floor yet we never had to wait more than 30 seconds for a lift. Inside we had a lovely kitchen are with cooker, microwave, sink, coffee maker and table and chairs. There was a very nice seating area with sofa, table and wall mounted LCD TV. The bedroom are had a very comfotrable bed and anothe huge TV on the wall. The bathroom was large, very clean and had everything we needed. A large bath, seperate shower, double vanity and loo. Plenty of fluffy towels and nice toiletries. A hair dryer in the bathroom, safe in the wardrobe with iron and board. The overall decor was very contemporary, which we liked, very comfortable and no fake themes.

Some MINOR little things could have been better. No cutlery in the room , had to ask and then when they were removed were not replaced had to ask again. Light switches not next to the bed and curtain controls on the wall in the kitchen area could have been better designed.

The pool area was great well located and with all the touches needed. Sunbeds, towels, bar service and able to order food.

For us the best things about the Vdara are

No smoking, oh how wonderful and brave of the management as this will undoubtedly upset some people. should be extended to include area immediatley outside so we healthy customers don't have to walk through the smells.

Lovely aroma in the public areas. Don't know what it was but made everything so fresh.

No gambling. Oh we like a flutter but not having to walk through a casino to find the reception was really good.

Link to Bellagio

On the down side the location, back from the Strip was different but soon overcome, and really wasn't a problem. The City Center complex has everything needed and the closeness of Aria, Bellagio and Crystals allowed us to have a wonderful visit.

Yes we will return to Vdara so should you.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zackdog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,427)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Hotel: Beautiful, new, modern. Great location! Walkway to Bellagio and short cab ride to anywhere else on the strip.

Service: HORRIBLE! This is supposedly a 5-star hotel. The staff is very inconsistent--some being very pleasant and helpful, but the majority seem annoyed that you are there. On our last morning there, we were locked out of our room for 90 minutes. Security and maintenance were both sent up while we waited, sitting on the floor in the hallway with a baby, until they finally figured it out. During this time, I missed my spa appointment (sniff). As if this weren't bad enough, the spa called and told me I'd be charged (even though the front desk had already assured me this would be taken care of). After several calls from the snotty spa employee, I'm fairly certain I'll be charged anyway and will just have to dispute the charge.

We spoke to other guests who had similar experiences--locked out of rooms, keys not working, checked out early, other people being allowed in their room.

Bottom line: The hotel is nice looking, and if they can work out the bugs, we may be back. Until then, we'll stick to Signature at MGM or another smoke-free property.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Houston, TX
Reviewed April 9, 2010

I've been to Vegas many times but I have always stayed in a themed hotel with a casino. This time I opted for something different and was intrigued by the architecture of the CityCenter that I saw being built last time I was there. I chose the Vdara because it is slightly further from the strip and does not have a mall or casino inside. It is GORGEOUS. The staff were super friendly and helpful and we asked for a Bellagio fountain view room when we checked in and we got one (no extra charge). The room (cheapest size) was stylish and the soaker tub was amazing. It filled and drained very fast and even had a nozzle to make hair washing in the tub easier. There were two large flat screen TVs and all the bathroom toiletries were Aveda brand. Plenty of towels, cozy robes to use, and The WSJ was hung on our door daily. Room also had a microwave, 2 spot stove, minifridge, and minibar (overpriced, of course) but the minifridge was stocked with complimentary water.

The hotel is connected to the Bellagio by a walkway and in the Bellagio there is a tram connecting the Vdara to the Crystals shopping center (again, amazing architecture), Aria hotel, and Monte Carlo. The Vdara is pretty central on the strip and getting to Las Vegas Blvd was no chore as long as you walked through the Bellagio.

Gym was nice, pools were closed due to high winds (the water was splashing out the side of the pool it was so strong).

There was also free wi-fi which makes me happy since some hotels charge for it!

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank redefinition
jersey c.i
Reviewed April 8, 2010

great hotel . great service , clean .beds and pillows you will want to take home . ignore bad reviews ; all rubbish' just go there and judge it for yourself . all the complaints have been so petty .take a good look at all the problems in the world ' and just enjoy a great hotel

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
San Francisco
Reviewed April 6, 2010

Impeccable design and service. Very spacious room with a great view. Nice contrast to the other hotels in LV. Price was very reasonable for a 5 star hotel. Hey, I booked the least expensive 5* hotel in LV and my girlfriend was so impressed she thought I spent a fortune on the room.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2010

This is our second visit to this resort. We stayed here in January 2010. We enjoy this resort as it is new and has kitchen facilities. We buy groceries at Whole Foods which is located at the Town Square mall to prepare light meals in the room so that we are not spending money eating out all the time. Whole Foods is on the bus route and they will give you a bag of ice to keep your cold items cold.

The service is excellent at this resort: gave us late check out, a free room upgrade, and upon arrival to our room found the knobs were missing on the stove and that was replaced immediately. Kim on the concierge desk and Mike the doorman and valet parking attendant were especially helpful.

On our last visit we did eat at the Belligio buffet and found in very high quality. This time we ate there twice and both times were disappointed with the food quality. We did eat at the Cafe at the Venetian and found price and food quality good.

If you want a new hotel with some cooking facilities, quiet atmosphere, good service and location you will like the Vdara. If you want loud music and entertainment do not stay here. On both of our stays we did obtain good room rates and that also would impact our decision to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami
Reviewed April 4, 2010

I stayed at the Vdara Hotel and Spa most recently to celebrate my birthday and i had a wonderful time. The hotel is not a gaming hotel so it gave me the feeling of being at a private resort while being right in the middle of the Las Vegas strip. From the time i got there I was given GREAT service. The Front desk agent noticed it was my birthday when i checked in and put me in a room that allowed me to view the Bellagio water show from my window. In addition to that the next day sent me up a bottle of champagne with a Happy Birthday note attached. The rooms are gorgeous and nicely decorated with top of the line perks like closing your blinds with a touch of a button or even blacking out the room with a touch of a button.
Unfortunately, i waited too long to make my Spa reservations and Vdara could not accomodate myself and my two friends for the spa that day so we had to go across the way to ARIA hotel's Spa. The Spa at Aria was nice but i have a feeling i truly missed out by not being able to go to Vdara's spa. I had both room service at Vdara and i ate at their restaurant Silk both was good for me, however the people i was with had larger appetites and felt that it wasn't enough food. All in all it was a GREAT experience I love this hotel and i will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends