“Still good, but not as great as before”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 22, 2014

There is much to like about Vdara. I have never waited more than a couple of minutes for check in. The bar always seems to make good drinks and never seems to be overly crowded. The hotel is an easy walk to some of the best food, bar, and shopping choices in the area (Bellagio, Aria, Mandarin Oriental, Cosmopolitan). The rooms are very nice set up.

This time I had a corner view suite and was a little disappointed in the maintenance aspect. For getting one of their better suites in a top rated hotel, I expected not to have to deal with broken network outlets, banged up furniture pieces, loose toilet paper holders, and marks on the wall. My room had all of these issues. I checked in fairly late and it was dark, so I did not report the issues because I had already somewhat unpacked by the time I discovered them. I don't like having maintenance in my room while I am staying there. The biggest issue was trying to get housekeeping to supply me with simple items. During the few days I stayed there, I did not have the room cleaned by choice. However I was asked two different times by a phone call from the front desk if I would like the bottled water restocked, I said yes both times. It never came. On my last night, I asked where I could get laundry detergent for the washer / dryer in the room and they offered to bring some to me. After two additional requests for the same thing, it never arrived in 12 hours or more. To say that it was annoying to be offered bottled water and laundry detergent, but for it to never arrive, is an understatement. After another call and a lengthy explanation, I did finally have someone arrive with water, but no detergent. They had to go back for that (probably not his fault).

For me, it is the little things like this that stand out. Vdara has no restaurant, no casino, no entertainment, no shopping, and barely a lobby bar. So it has to stand out on its value or service. Usually it is only $20 a night less than Aria and sometimes the Cosmo. If the maintenance and service aspect fails, it has nothing left to separate it. I have stayed here a few times and it is still good, but I have already booked a different hotel for the next trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank halo36

Reviewed January 22, 2014

The hotel was very nice and quiet. Rooms were modern and clean and check in was easy.

Finding the hotel off the strip took a few days. Coming from South strip went though Aria, but be sure to use the North Valet exit from Aria, this will take you to Vdara. The tram works well from Aria and Belagio.

The hotel is quiet, my wife and I missed the ability to go to the lobby and having bars, gaming and restaurants. If you are looking for quiet modern and upscale this is for you.

1  Thank Ejabrams
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were made to feel at home in 5 star quality. Attention to detail ,they didn't miss a trick. Beautiful room with a great view of Bellagio fountains.State of the art room ,my wife especially liked the remote control window blinds. Full service kitchen and dinning room for your own type of meal.Soft plush beds and abathroom complete with whirlpool tub and gigantic walk in shower. The amenities from the pool area to the gym to the hip main floor bar were great !

2  Thank JamesCochrane1957
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really liked where the Vdara was located. It had nice spacious rooms with a view. Staff was friendly and the overall experience was an A. The checkin and checkout process was fast and went smoothly. The business facilities were good for our group of 15.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KS12122014
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Stylish rooms. Great location. New and contemporary chic but not Ikea. Only negative was kitchen (there fore no 5 star). They know no one is going to cook in their rooms, so why a 2 burner cooktop? There isn't a grocery store within 3 miles. The cupboards are bare. Call housekeeping if you want a spoon. So, we might do breakfasts. No coffee makers in room. Starbucks downstairs is $4 a cup. In room Coca Cola can is $5. They fight you to pick your pockets. SO VEGAS STRIP. No toasters available. Next time I will bring all fixings for a dahl curry dinner, ask for frying pans ( if they even have them) and stink out the entire floor. The undercounter refrigerator is only about 10 " deep and is good for beverages only. SO, WHY A 2 BURNER COOKTOP?????
Needless to say, the room was great and we will return (albiet with our own kitchen papaphenalia).

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TomBrodehl
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We chose the Vdara because we wanted a nongaming, nonsmoking hotel for a conference at the U of Nevada, and the Mandarin Oriental was too expensive and the Trump International a bit too far from center. Our three nights in a corner suite on the 26th floor were pleasant. We appreciated the luxurious bathroom, the comfortable bed, and the extra touches such as black out curtains and the excellent sound proofing but most of all the square footage. We had a nice view (over the pool and the sister hotel, the Aria). Valet parking is free but of course one tips each time. One valet took his tip and then left us to load our own luggage, but that was an exception. The service was otherwise friendly and efficient. THe hotel's restaurant, Silk Road, has closed, so there's only a Market Cafe and a bar, but you can cross the circle to the many restaurants at the Aria. And you can ask housekeeping for whatever cooking utensils you may need as you'll have a complete kitchen in which to use them. I would stay here again. The clientele is a diverse mix and you will find groups of young gamers but the hotel is not dominated by them.

Room Tip: We liked our corner suite a lot.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank abcpoet
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We chose Vdara because it did not have a casino. We found everything we needed at Vdara, including Market Cafe where we were able to have a small meal or snacks and beverages. We had easy access to shopping options and restaurants via tramway.

Room Tip: Check out the switches for housekeeping and the blinds!! Modern version of "claw foot" bat...
2  Thank Delana H