“Great place!”

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Very nice hotel and accomodations. Clean and comfortable. Front desk was very friendly and check in was fast. The rooms were awesome. Well lit, comfortable furniture and awesome views. I like the fact that there is casino downstairs. This is a place I will come back to.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Vdara Hotel & Spa

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I loved my 3 night stay at Vdara. It was so nice to be in a smoke free environment. The rooms are really nice and are clean and the staff is great. Whenever I come to Vegas in the future Vdara is the only place I will stay.

I loved the Cafe they have in the lobby and the sliders at the bar are amazing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear 521Liz,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. Our staff is delighted you think they are great and is honored that you will be returning to stay with us on future trips. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional customer service as it is important to us that all guests feel welcomed and their needs are taken care of. We look forward to welcoming you back soon as a loyal guest of Vdara!

Best regards,

Lisette
Vdara Guest Relations

Reviewed January 16, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Vdara over the New Year and it is situated on the Strip next door to the Bellagio. We arrived on New Years Eve and found out that the whole Strip had been closed off due to party goers. We drove for around an hour and a quarter trying to find an entry point to the the hotel but gave up. We dumped the car in a parking lot and dragged our cases across the Strip with revellers all celebrating. Then we found out that the pedestrian access was also closed off and had to wait nearly an hour for security to open an pedestrian access point in front of the Aria hotel. That meant we had to walk three blocks to get to the Aria and go through it to reach the Vdara. There were hundreds of people also wanting to get through the access point and we had to jostle with them with our luggage which wasn't fun to say the least.
Why didn't the Vdara send an email warning that the Strip was going to be closed till around 5am and possibly suggest a route to access the Vdara? When I asked this at the reception, he just looked at me incredibly and said that the Strip wasn't closed and that I should have been able to access the hotel. I was hot, sweaty and tired so I just gave him a look and calmly told him that there was no access and that it had ruined my New Years Eve with my family. I think he understood what I was telling him.
Anyway, the room was on the 50th floor (out of 56 floors) and was great with a fantastic view of the Strip. The decor was modern with a contemporary feel. There was a small kitchenette area with a sink, microwave, fridge and small table. Further kitchenware can be requested from housekeeping and they will bring it to you. The bed was large and comfortable and there was a large TV with good access to TV channels. There is good connectivity to the TV and a channel with all the arrivals and departures from Las Vegas airport. The bathroom was also large with a freestanding bath and a large enclosed shower cubicle. There was all the soaps and shampoos you could want. There are buttons near the door for the 'Do not disturb' and 'Please make up my room' which sets on a light on in front of your door. Neat touch, which I have seen in only one other hotel. The wireless internet connection was also good.
Breakfast at the Vdara was good but I preferred to use the connecting walkway from the Vdara to access the Bellagio and have breakfast there. Its a personal choice but I think I got better service at breakfast at the Bellagio than the Vdara. Each to their own I say. There is the Vdara cafe that is a la carte and a Starbucks on the ground floor if you prefer instead (Starbucks are just everywhere in this town!).
The Vdara is a non gambling hotel so there is no casino floor but a quick walk across the bridge and you can access the Bellagio casino floor easily but I found it pleasant not to have to face the barrage of lights and sounds when I walked into the hotel. There is free valet parking which was quite quick considering how busy the hotel was during our stay. When going to your room, you have to show your keycard to security to access the lifts which is reassuring.
The pool and gym is on the third floor and the pool being outdoor and of a good size. The view of the hotel towering above as you lay by the pool is quite amazing.
Apart from the arrival which is not the hotels fault, I enjoyed my stay at the Vdara and would consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor possible with a a view of the Strip.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank smileycamel
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Vdara is the absolute best place to stay on the strip. Non smoking and gorgeous- need I say more? Excellent amenities, beautiful rooms and we walked everywhere from this central location. Sister property to the Aria, which features our favorite restaurant (and casino) on the strip. My entire family absolutely LOVED the property and we cannot say enough nice things about the wonderful staff. From the front desk, to the concierge, we had an amazing time.

Room Tip: The hospitality suite was amazing for our family of five.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I have stayed in a lot of 4-star and/or 4-diamond property, as well as some 5-star/5-diamond properties and this place, despite only being awarded the former, is very much the later - truly a world-class place. The rooms, down to every last detail, scream slick and luxurious. "This is the nicest hotel room I have stayed in in my life," my travel partner said.

Room Tip: Pay the premium and get a room overlooking the Bellagio fountain on a high-floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles S
Reviewed January 16, 2014

i have stayed twice in the Vdara hotel and both have been very good, if you want to be close to shopping and casinos but not to have one at the lobby that makes it crowded and with long walks to your room this is the perfect option.

excellent view of the city and with all the comfort needed after a long day of walking, shopping and gambling.

I recommend it widely

Room Tip: Try to go to upper floors with Bellagio view, you will be taking pictures during the day and of cour...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 16, 2014

To stay in Vegas to experience the lights, crazyness and gambling world, yes! But staying in this atmosphere, no! And Vdara is offrering you this peacfull sanctuary in the middle of heal.

Human size lobby, high level view of vegas, large suites, friendly staff, some food options and NO casino ... So when you want to escape the crazyness... You CAN do it.

For restaurants, you have easy access to the ones of Aria...

Well done guyzzzzz

Room Tip: Ask high floors to ensure view with no buildings (above 45) ... We preffered Bellagio side but the o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Nekeltje,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your recent trip to Vdara. We are pleased to hear you found our non-gaming and non-smoking atmostphere suitable for your vacation needs as we hope to provide a luxurious escape from the typical Las Vegas scene. Your satisfaction is important to us and we are glad you found our staff friendly and our location convenient to access other venues you wish to visit for dining. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit!

Best regards,