“Beautiful, smoke free, huge rooms!”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The rooms are like studio apartments. I love that there is a microwave, small refrigerator, and small kitchen. The sign said that utensils were available from housekeeping but we didn't borrow any this time.

The bed was really comfy, the view over the Bellagio was lovely, and the room was quiet. There is no danger of ending up with a smoking room because they don't have any. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had read reviews saying the check-in process was slow, but for us it was just fine.

The hotel doesn't have a casino but it's close to the Aria and plenty of nice restaurants. This is my favorite part of the Strip because it's not quite such a zoo. All hotels in this area are nice with more updated decor, so you feel like you are at a resort.

The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that there seem to be housekeeping issues. I don't know if they are short staffed, because this was the week right after New Years, but it seemed like almost every time we were in the hallway, there were linens and trash lining the halls in bags and room service items not picked up. The first day when we checked in, the hallway had a garbage smell which lingered. It could not be smelled in the room, but a shame for such a classy property.

One day we got back from a hike at 5 after being gone all day, and really needed to get in the shower and housekeeping had just arrived. The lady was extremely nice, and I don't blame her, but we were surprised they came so late.

Other than the housekeeping issues, we loved the Vdara. We will be back and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Shepherdess903
Write a ReviewReviews (16,289)

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed 6 nights here for our 20th wedding anniversary. This was our first "big" trip without kids that was more than 2 hours away from home and more than an overnight stay since our honeymoon. We chose this hotel because of how long we were going to stay. It was like a mini apartment. The front desk lady that checked us in was so very nice. ( I wish I could remember her name) We recieved a complimentary day to use the spa facilities - very nice. She asked questions about us visiting and was helpful finding us a room with a view. We were given the 52nd floor lake view. IT WAS AWESOME. It had a kitchenette and table with 4 chairs when you walked in. Then a small living area with TV, couch and chair. The living area and bedroom had a large divider wall between them which the TV's were on. Large king bed with super comfy linens and pillows. The entire wall facing out between those rooms was a window. We had perfect view of the Bellagio Fountains and the Eiffel Tower. Spectacular view at night! The bathroom was very spacious. Large soaking tub, separate shower, large vanity counter with sinks, and toilet had a small privacy wall. The tub had it's drain in the very middle so use common sense and put the small wash rag down before you sit down - LOL Other than that the room met every expectation we had.

Vdara is located next to Aria (literally they share the same drop off circle. You can go out the front where vallet and it's a short 2-3 minute walk. There is an inside connector to The Bellagio about 5 minute walk. You can also board the tram there. It goes from Belliagio to Crystals, Monte Carlo to the Excalibur, the Luxor and Mandalay Bay hotels and it's free.

There is a nice bar and cafe style deli just inside. There are these cool swing beds just outside on the patio area. There was a hot tub and a pool - average size but still fit a lot of people. It was more for relaxing than partying. It was up a few floors so there was a cool view. Poolside service for drinks and food and a small outside bar and seating area off to the side. We ate breakfast one morning near the bar and the food was good.

The only bad thing that really was disappointing was:
The concierge was not as friendly. Being the first time to Vegas we had questions and I felt like the lady was new maybe and didn't know how to answer us or direct us about dining out. The man there was better but I felt like he was just trying to rush us and only recommended Aria for everything. We were looking for a variety and needed reservations to some places and we wanted to book some shows. We ended up booking on our own directly and asking the bartenders and waiters and various places for suggestions.
Oh also I needed a bandaid so I had called down and they told me to talk to Concierge and so I did and asked for 2 bandaids and they said to come down and they would get them for me. When we came down they were like we have to get security. We aren't allowed to give a bandaid. ( I had a blister on my heel from walking one day) The "Security" man came over and kept basically reprimanding me saying that he could LOSE his job for giving me a Band Aid. Are you kidding me???? He was mean and finally after about 4 minutes of him telling me this over and over again he pulled out 4 bandaids from his pocket to give me. It almost made me cry. Is this how Security and Concierge treat visitors. He made me feel like a 4 child that did something wrong. They could of pointed me in the right directions to buy one and it would have been better.

Room Tip: Ask if there are and complimentary view upgrades available.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ThisFloridaFamilyof4
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at the Bellagio from December 26-30 2012. I paid for VIP check in, which was well worth the $50. We were met at the curb by a Concierge and taken directly to our room, which overlooked the Bellagio fountains. Before my trip I had reviews about the horrible pullout, I called to ensure that this would not be a problem and I was assured that a pad would be placed on the pullout to increase the comfort, I was travelling with my 2 sons and had intended to give them the king sized be and I would take the pullout. The Concierge asked what time we would like turn down every night and if we need kitchen supplies. The first night we received our turn down from a lovely lady named Maria. She went throught the room and straightened and turned down the beds made up the sofa bed and gave us water. She layed out comfy robes and slippers beside our beds. Wow! If our trip stopped here, I would have given Vdara 5 stars. But it didn't. Never had a turn down again without calling and waiting on hold for a very long time at housekeeping. I was told that I had to request it in advance. I did through my VIP concierge and my $50 payment. They had no record. Our room was not cleaned one day. I called and held again and was told that i had my Do Not Disturb light on when she came by. We were out of our room from 12 to 9 at night. ?? The nice pad that was put on my sofa bed was removed after the 2nd night and never put back on even after calling AGAIN! The bed was horrible for the last two nights. After a long day out, I came back to the hotel go to bed and still no pad. I talked to Juan, the suppervisor, in housekeeping at 1:00 AM to tell him that the pad was still not on the bed. He offered to send someone up in about 30 minutes to remake the beds. No thanks! I did ask for a manager to contact me. To date i have heard from no one, Our room was comfortable but was never dusted in the 4 nights that we were there. By day 5 there was a mast accumulation of dust on all of the surfaces. Our kitchen table was also never cleaned 1 time during our stay. Speaking of the kitchen, when we finally needed silverware and plates to enjoy our pizza that we ordered one evening, we ordered the dinnerware at the same time as the pizza. The pizza took 45 minutes to arrive. No kitchenware. My son went to the lobby to get the pizza and asked for the plates and was told that they were on their way. We had to eat our pizza using the lids of the boxes for plates and I had a plastic spoon in my backpack that we used to cut and serve the pizza. The litchenware showed up 2 hours later. The next day I spoke to Tony the manager at the front desk about the lack of housekeeping, the turndowns, the dirty linens that were not changed, and the kitchenware problem and he said he would make it right and he refunded our resort fee. He was nice, but the problems persisted. On the final night, I went to the lobby to settle our bill so that I could check out faster in the morning. I waited for at least an hour for my turn. There were 4 or 5 desk people but they were not all helping people. There seemed to be a perpetual line during our entire visit. When asked how my stay was, I told them about the problems with housekeeping and they said that they had heard many complaints that were similar. I went to my room to retire and noticed that we had no washcloths and only towels for 2 people. My son went down the hall as we saw a cart as we came in. He came back with one washcloth because she said that she didn't have any more. At this point I decided that I will probably never choose Vdara again. Even though i liked the rooms, the view, and the fact it is nonsmoking, I'm not sure that my constant irritation and aggravation is worth another try.

Room Tip: We were in room 28034. It was close to the elevator and had a great view !
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BentleysM0m
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear BentleysM0m,

Thank you for taking time to share feedback about your recent stay at Vdara. When you plan a trip to Vdara you have every reason to expect a luxurious getaway with the finest service. We are disappointed to know your stay was not reflective of this standard. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconsistencies you experienced with housekeeping during your stay. Your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate department heads for review and a member of our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you to further discuss your experience. We value your patronage and hope you will give us another chance to make it up to you in the future!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Tucked behind the Cosmopolitan and next to Aria and the Bellagio, this is a very nicely appointed, new luxury hotel. However, the service left a little to be desired. While the staff was respectful and helpful when in front of you, they weren't that responsive on the phone. It took until the 3rd day to unlock the mini bar - the front desk hung up on me repeatedly. House keeping missed our room a couple of times despite requests for a cleaning. Also, the food coming through room service wasn't so great. Finally, it is worth noting that the beds are very soft and every day both my son (21 years old) awoke with a sore lower back. That said, the rooms were very nicely appointed, the pool area was very relaxing and beautiful, and the downstairs convenience mart was helpful. The lobby is a bit underwhelming, as if they didn't have enough money to fully finish the interior decorations, but part of the allure of this hotel is that you don't feel mobbed by too many people and there is no casino to have to traipse through to get to your room. The Cosmopolitan has better views and service, the Encore has a more refined environment, and THEhotel is a better choice for a casino-less stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear AmanJunkieBoston,

Thank you for taking time to share your Vdara experience with fellow travelers. On behalf of the hotel I would like to apologize for the level of service from housekeeping and the responsiveness of the Front desk you received during your stay. Rest assure your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate department heads so we may continue to improve our services. A member of our Guest Relations team will be contacting you directly to further discuss your experience. Your satisfaction is important to us and we hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit!

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Staying on business and I have enjoyed staying in this non smoking casino free hotel. That means you can be back in your room within 2 mins of returning to the hotel rather than working your way through a casino to get to your room!

Rooms are spacious and well laid out. I'm staying in a Vdara suite and it is frankly generous on space without being silly - has self catering facilities if desired.

Because it's a casino free hotel it's a quieter hotel. But that also means lack of on site restaurant - however with the hotel attached to the Bellagio and literally 1 minute walk to Aria and it's many restaurants it is a worthwhile trade off. There is a good bar and decent bar snacks, and comprehensive room service.

Spa is relaxing and accessible for a fee of $30 or there abouts for residents (free with treatments). Friendly staff and good facilities.

Wifi is good and reliable - included in my rate, but not for lower rate rooms which is odd.

So what's not to like? Air con is noisy and needs an update (though is effective). Also room service breakfast hasn't managed to product tea with milk during my stay - always tea, but milk is replaced with lemon!! Easily fixed but if you are in a rush a pain! But small quibbles - I would stay again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Vdara Hotel & Spa is advertising itself as a five star hotel and spa, but it really deserves only four stars. Although the hotel is brand new, interior looks nice and rooms are pretty good, it still has plenty of minor problems. I will not stay here again.

Plusses:
- New hotel, nice rooms
- Nice view from the rooms

Minuses:
- Concierge could not get us prepaid data SIM-card
- Room service did not have international adapters, neither did the rooms
- Lot of dust in the entertainment cabinet
- One long dark hair found in the shower
- Poor waterflor in the shower because of the LEED GOLD status
- Only one rubbish bin
- Facebook's comments are not being replied
- No decent breakfast

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank SuperSamuli

Dear SuperSamuli,

We appreciate you taking time to document your concerns about your recent stay at Vdara. On behalf of the hotel please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of amenities available during your stay and for our hotel staff failing to follow up on your specific requests. Rest assure your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate department heads for follow up and we will be reaching out to you directly to further discuss your experience. Your satisfaction is important to us and we hope you will give us another opportunity in the future!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our six night stay at the Vdara. The rooms were spotless. We had a great view of the Balagio fountains. The pool was clean and a great place to unwind and relax. A short walk though the Balagio leads you to the strip, the casino, many restaurants, etc. We liked it that there was no casino, was nice to be in a smoke free building and the peace and quiet was so nice after the chaos of the strip and casino visits. We got great recommendations about things to do, and not only from the consierge, but from the valets and the waitresses. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Baliago, you can watch the fountain show from your room!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple