“Amazing hotel!!”

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from our honeymoon here and would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone.
The hotel is based in city centre which is right in the middle of the strip. It's in the middle of Bellagio and Monte Carlo. Perfect location.
The rooms are gorgeous. We stayed on 41st floor and our room overlooked Bellagio. Amazing view.
The rooms are extremely clean and modern.
It's the only non smoking hotel and has no casino but we found it nice to go back to a more calm place after the craziness of Vegas.
I can't say how nice it is and would definitely stay here again if I'm lucky enough to return!

• Stayed: September 2013
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear LEP83,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vdara. On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for choosing Vdara for your honeymoon destination. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the Bellagio view from your room and certainly hope to see you again on your next trip to Las Vegas.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Vdara was everything that we were hoping for. Close enough to the strip (10 minute walk) and with an excellent smoke/casino free environment. The pool is a roof top pool which is a bit small although we never had any troubles getting a chair. Service was excellent and like many other pools in Vegas, you can bring your own beer as long as it is not a glass bottle. Check in went smoothly and the suites were big, clean, and modern. The only negative thing that I can think of is the lack of restaurants and bars (there is a deli style bristo and a small lounge in the lobby) however having said that, it is Vegas and restaurants are abundant. We would definitely stay at the Vdara again or at any of the City Centre properties for that matter.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Just returned from the Vdara and had a so-so experience. We go to Vegas at least once a year, sometimes two or three times a year so this isn't our first rodeo.
First off, we normally stay at the Signature (which I absolutely LOVE), but my hubby wanted to try a different place so we compromised. We stayed two nights at Signature (which I absolutely LOVE), and two nights at the Vdara. The rooms are very modern, pretty and nice. I didn't like that there was no coffee maker in the room. The café on the premises serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, but they're coffee was what I call "coffee for babies". I'm used to Starbucks coffee.........................really strong. This coffee was really weak.
I also felt the staff came on kind of snobby. When we checked in, I asked if they had any balconies. The woman checking us in proceeded to explain to us, as if we were born yesterday, that NO hotels in Vegas have balconies or windows that you can open up because of the risk of people getting stupid and falling out of them, I listened to her whole explanation very patiently and proceeded to tell her that the Signature, (which I absolutely LOVE) has balconies. She kind of paused and told me that they will be phasing those out soon. Okaaaay.
I ordered a glass of chardonnay one night and it was 16 dollars and change. WTH?????? I mean, I know I'm in Vegas, but 16 dollars for a glass? I should have bought a bottle instead.
The pool was a small area and had lots of umbrellas. Not a lot of vegetation such as trees or plants. When we checked in, we immediately went to check out the pool. We go downstairs, open the door and we're greeted by a guy that doesn't say hello or welcome. Instead, he says, "no glass or aluminum allowed in the pool area". Great! Makes me want to come back for sure.......................ummmmmm, NO!
To change the subject, we went to the Aria for the lunch buffet and that was wonderful. Looks like they have a great pool area also. We're thinking of staying at the Aria next year for sure.
Long story short, I don't think we'll be staying at this establishment again anytime in the future. One positive about this place was that it's centrally located and yes, it's a little bit of a walk to the strip but nothing overwhelming. You can actually walk thru the Bellagio to get to the strip and I felt very safe doing so.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, pick a room facing the Bellagio fountains. You can watch the show wi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank vik323

Dear Vik323,

Thank you for taking the time to document your concerns. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your stay. It is very disappointing to hear that your recent stay did not live up to your expectations. When staying at Vdara we want our guests to feel welcome and important and I apologize that is not what you seemed to experience. A member of our guest relations team will be reaching out to directly further discuss your concerns. I assure you at Vdara we are always striving to improve our services and hope you will give us a second chance in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Loved the room and the location. The staff was very helpful with directions. The room had a great view and the pool was amazing. The cafe in the lobby had a wonderful selection of break, lunch and dinner food as well as a market.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my first time at Vdara and I was very impressed. Other hotels have a staff that does their job well, but Vdara definitely goes above and beyond. Dominique was exceptional, and we may have had a method of payment problem at check in but he did his best to solve the problem for the time being, rather than saying no. Francis was the one to solve the problem for me and fix everything on the reservation and even upgraded our room to a high view for the inconvenience. They both went out of their way to help me and I felt like someone they cared about rather than another customer. This hotel is beautiful, clean, great staff, and beautiful rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear sarahnguyen06,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with Vdara. We are pleased that our Front Desk Agents, Dominique and Francis, were able to assist you with your payment issues and left you with a positive impression of Vdara. We appreciate you choosing Vdara and hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This newly built resort is non-smoking, non-gambling which makes it very attractive to me. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. It is conveniently located and also has free shuttle service to other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Vegas is always fun. Specially when you have a great hotel. The corner suite was incredible great view and very spacious. We loved the shower view to the strip. The minibar and all the amenities. Will be back next month for my birthday!!! Vegas baby! I'm ready for round 2.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends