“Great”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Scotland
“Great”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Liked this place. Very clean, non smoking and great suites. Just a walk through the Belagio to a good position on the Strip. We could see the fountains of the Belagio from our window! The eating facilities are not good. There is a small bar and cafe. We were told this was built as a Condo block and not as a hotel but 2007 happened! It is a short walk over to the Aria which is the same group and wifi work there if you want to browse while having scoffed or food. It is much more like an hotel over there. Gambling though! We would go back here in a minute!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,427)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Campbell, California
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for Labor Day weekend. I chose Vdara because I wanted to rent a pool cabana during our stay and they actually had reasonable prices. (Thurs-Tues) We arrived late on Thursday night but there was no wait and the check in was super quick and easy. We booked a one bedroom Vdara suite. I chose this suite because it was a bit bigger and had an extra bathroom. We were on the 48th floor although it wasn't truly the 48th floor. The room faced the Aria pool. The first night there was a bulb out in one of the lamps in the living room. However by the next day it was changed. I have to say the lighting in the rooms was very dim but it wasn't that big of a deal. As my title states the maids that serviced our room were okay on the weekdays but the weekend maid went out of her way adding extra waters as well as extra coffee pods and really doing a good job cleaning. She even tidied up the soap/shampoo bottles that I left scattered in the shower. My only complaint is that the water bottles could have been a little bigger. For a 28 dollar per day fee of which the only thing we truly got were waters, and small ones at that. I don't understand how all Vegas hotels charge this these days. They don't even deliver the paper which is included in the fee. You have to walk down to the lobby to retrieve it. But there is not one hotel on the strip that does not charge this service fee. I did appreciate the fact that this is a non smoking establishment and it was nice to come back to a quiet hotel away from the casinos. The bed was super comfortable and the room was clean. We enjoyed the pool cabana on the Sunday of our stay. We did have to pay the holiday fee since it was Sunday but it was worth it. At Vdara the pool cabanas have their own small pools. This was really good for us. The pool was a few short feet from the cabana and since there are 2 in addition to the regular pools the one in front of our cabana never got that busy. Even though there are daybeds right next to the private pool, only the people renting the cabanas are allowed to use these pools. This is enforced by the staff. Also the hot tub is massive. I personally did not use it but I think it is the largest one I have ever seen at a hotel. I thought it was another pool at first. The food and drink prices at the pool were reasonable in my opinion as well. We ordered breakfast and lunch throughout the day as well as drinks. I definitely would stay here again. The rate was very good compared to a lot of the other properties for the size of room we booked. I know a lot of other people complain about the location but it was no big deal for us. We like to walk a lot while in Vegas and once you figured out how to get to Bellagio or Aria/Cosmo it wasn't that big of a deal especially with the weather being warm.

1 Thank Vivian M
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I have just returned frm a 6 night stay at the Vdara in LV.

This was our first trip to Vegas and we were keen to have a mix between the busy vegas "experience" but also wanted to have a quiet retreat to relax and the Vdara ticked both boxes. The hotel is non smoking and non gaming which was great for us. The location is great, right in the middle of the strip but set back a little from the main road. It is connected to the Aria and Bellagio so if you like to gamble you are only a 30 second walk away from the action. If you want to have to walk through a casino to get to your room, have blaring music all day by the poolside and to have 1000's of random people in the lobby of your hotel every night then this is NOT the hotel for you!

The service we received here was 5* throughout our stay. From the staff in the Vdara market shop, to the pool staff, to the concierge, to the spa and salon. Check in and out was quick and hassle free and we were given a complimentary upgrade upon arrival.

The suites are great, modern and spacious. There is a kitchen with microwave, hob and fridge. Super king size bed and spacious bathroom with free standing bath and double shower cubicle. The rooms are cleaned once a day and the hotel is immaculate.

The hotel is an a rated green hotel, meaning the food they cook is organic, rubbish recycled and the food served is fresh and healthy which is refreshing for super size Vegas.

Would I recommend this hotel to my friends? Yes.
Will we be back? I am just booking a return trip next year to celebrate my 30th.

Green Features: An environmentally conscious hotel in the centre of Vegas... who would have thought?!?
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank becksta1985
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Becksta1985,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay. It is wonderful to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us at Vdara. At Vdara we strive to provide a unique way for our guests to do Vegas differently and after reading your review it seems that is exactly what you experienced. We are very pleased that you experienced the highest level of service and enjoyed everything from our room product to our convenient yet secluded location. Thank you for choosing to stay at Vdara and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best Regards,
Conor
Vdara Guest Relations
México
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Nice rooms, good service, nice beds. But; the fridge in the room did not cool below 65 so that is not cold enough. Extra bed is a torture rack. No water pressure on showers, faulty equipment in nice but small gym. You have to walk to the Aria for restaurants, less than a 100 yards but still. Very good check in, and check out can be done on tv very quickly. For the price and 5 stars you kind of expect more.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Enriquegb,

Thank you for taking the time to document your concerns. We are disappointed to hear that your recent stay at Vdara did not meet your expectations and I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. At Vdara we strive to create a unique, comfortable experience for our guests and I am sorry if your experience was not up to that standard. A member of our guest relations team will be reaching out to further discuss your concerns. I assure you at Vdara we are constantly working to improve our services and hope you will give us a second opportunity in the near future.

Best Regards,
Conor
Vdara Guest Relations
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

absolytly perfect, service was second to none! friendly staff amazing atmosphere, housekeeping was great, the rooms were clean and the view from the room was spectacular and there was easy access to other casinoes in vegas.

Hanover Park, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Vdara is a wonderful place to stay. We placed reservations on line and didn't know what to expect. It is an extremely nice hotel that is close to everything. No gambling in the hotel cuts down on non-hotel guests.

Dallas, Texas, Usa
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel was amazing. The food was "OK" (in meeting space) - but that may have been due to the choices provided. I didn't really care for Greek food. And the purchased food was good - but expensive. I also had to wait quite a while, when I thought it would have been much faster. The workers seemed to be put off when I inquired about my meal (after watching people that ordered after me - get their cooked to order meals much faster).

Room Tip: Room amenities were awesome!