“very cool feeling elegant nice colors very spa like feeling clean no smell and modern luxurious”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 9, 2013

when I called from hawaii to ask questions about Vdara, I had the pleasure to speak to Amanda,
front desk csr. Amanda was very informative very sincere and patient with my questions. She really sold me on the hotel. I had several choices being a hyatt platinum, since vdara is part of m life and mlife has now paired up with hyatt. Well after speaking to Amanda I decided on Vdara and it was an excellent choice. My son turned 22 on saturday and we were flying up just for one night to celebrate his birthday. Vdara is connected to Bellagio and is within walking distance to the other casinos so in terms of location vdara is really centered in the middle to alot of the major casinos.
However what makes vdara so special is that it does not have a casino in house, so the hotel has no smell of that smoke stinky combination of whaztever goes on in the other hotels. Every room I believe is a suite so it is very roomy with kitchenette and stove living area just like a one bedroom apartment. The bedding is hands down the best out of every hotel I have been in. Last month I was at park hyatt sidney eight hundred dollar a night room as beautiful as it was the vdara bedding cannot be beat(sorry park hyatt sidney) I dont know what vdara uses but they have the most comfortable pillows. Not only was the room larger and bedding nicer, the cost was a lot lower.
Now on to the staff we had a wonderful bellhop by the name of Randy, talk about personalized service the guy was everything bellhop, concierge, go between reservation I mean he took care of everything. And he made sure we were satisfied with our room. Talk about going above and beyond the call of duty. Vdara never let this guy go he is a valuable asset to your company. I also had the pleasure to meet the manager Andy super nice guy really took care of us. Vdara sure knows how to pick its people. Vdara also has valet parking so very convenient and it was one of the quickest turn around to get your car. When you step into the Vdara the music is so nice and soothing the feel and ambience is so cool and elegant so modern. The staff so friendly especially people like Amanda, Randy, Andy and all the others I dont know your names. Houskeeping also does a fantastic job and they do turndown night service, and they will also turn your sofa into a bed, however my son liked the sofa closed but with the bedding toppers on top instead of opening the sofa. He said the bars bothered him underneath. So he left the sofa closed with all the toppings and its was comfortable, it is their topping blankets and pillows that make there bedding so very comfortable. I just cant get over the price of this hotel how can it be so terrific. To all you hawaii people I know you like to stay downtown, because alot of you get comp hotels, but treat yourself one day and stay at the vdara, especially if you have a special occasion. I dont think anywhere in hawaii can give you this type of room at the price vdara gives. Again thank you vdara ine of the best hotels ever, Oh also my room had a washer dryer, stayed in 5016 the view was the bellagio fountain
eiffel tower and a huge ferrus wheel.

Room Tip: ask for nearer to bellagio lakeview
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank M8738TIjm
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear J M,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay. After reading your review it seems your experience truly embodies what we strive to provide here at Vdara. From your phone conversation with Amanda, to your interactions with Randy and Andy, that is the level of personalized service that is the Vdara standard. We are delighted that not only did you enjoy your stay but that we could help make your son's special occasion a memorable one. I will make sure to pass along your comments to Amanda, Randy and Andy so they know you truly appreciated their service. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Best Regards,
Conor
Vdara Guest Relations

There are newer reviews for Vdara Hotel & Spa

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Pretty hotel with fresh air and an upbeat feeling. No casino to wander through with bags is a big plus. Nice rooms that are very quiet. Pool is well laid out and serene. Only downside at the pool is the inability to bring your own food or drink in - they only allow items purchased from the hotel

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

First timer, when I stay in Vegas I'll be coming back. Beautiful property, spotless clean, quiet, smoke free! Pretty much for adults / business people or those looking to get away from the crazies on the strip. Beats the noise and bustle of casino hotels. Free bottled water in the room and even the mini - bar was not outrageous - in fact a beer there was less than in most clubs ! Pool bar is great, pool area is not big, but very nice. I think for the money this facility is awesome. I normally stay at the Wynn, this is a close second. Not the same amenities, but a lot closer to everything and perfect for the business traveler or couple looking for a great place without all the busy-ness of the strip hotels. I will be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Vdara is a very nice and clean luxury hotel in the City Center area of Vegas. However, if you are interested in walking to/on the Strip, stay away from this hotel. While it is center strip, it is a loooong walk to get to the strip or across the street. In fact, it is a long walk to get to the nearest casino - Aria (on foot) or Bellagio (by tram).

The tram has three stops - Vdara/Bellagio, CityCenter/Crystals and Monte Carlo - and it runs very regularly BUT the Vdara/Bellagio stop is really a Bellagio stop just past Sensi restaurant and requires a long walk to Vdara. In fact Vdara is equally distant from the City Center stop and the Bellagion stop. Depending where you are, it could be shorter to walk to the hotel than to one of the stops. Walking is good exercise but it gets very old very quickly. You'll find yourself taking cabs everywhere.

If you drive to Vegas, keep in mind that Vdara has no self parking - only valet parking, which is a pain if you are in and out often.

The rooms are very quiet - i think that's because they were built to be sold as condos vs. hotel rooms. Big pro!

There are no two bedroom suites in Vdara - only kingsized beds. Neitehr pro nor con - just some information to help you decide.

Service is what you'd expect from a luxury (Bellagio, Aria, Wynn, Cosmopolitan) hotel in Vegas. If Omar services, you ask him about his fantasy football team and watch his face light up!

ROOMS: The room are not the same size, even at the same price point. Some rooms have a large separator in the middle (the small rooms at the end of the hall e.g. 18003) while others are roomy, open and spacious (the large rooms at the middle of the hall e.g. 18007). The small rooms are CRAMPED and have wasted space in the form of a large hallway. If they offer you one of those rooms, just say no!

Room Tip: Do not take a room at the small end of the hall
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank biglawboy

Dear Biglawboy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to apologize that parts of your stay did not meet your expectations. Location is definitely a huge factor when picking a hotel in Las Vegas and we are disappointed to know our location is not a perfect fit for your Las Vegas experience. However we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed both our room product and the service that was provided to you as those are two of the things we pride ourselves on here at Vdara. I will make sure Omar knows you appreciated his service and to ask about his fantasy football team per your tip. Thank you for choosing to stay at Vdara and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future!

Best Regards,
Conor
Vdara Guest Relations

Reviewed September 9, 2013

A large (as you would expect for Vegas) and impressive hotel. We liked the non-smoking and non casino setting as it was much quieter than the other hotels though located on The Strip.

The 'kitchen' facilities were excellent but BEWARE unlike any other US hotels I have stayed in there was no coffee machine. Fair enough, we could have a kettle, but I really missed my American morning coffee - instant isn't the same!

We only found one 'snack bar' type eatery in the hotel other than the pool bar but were pleased to find they did basic groceries. We could have self-catered if necessary.

Room Tip: I understood the corner rooms were best but on enquiring we were told the Hotel was full so didn'...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We booked the Vdara for three nights as it's a smokefree hotel and it hasn't got a casino. By car you can't reach it from the Strip, only from the side of the highway. This is great, no traffic around the hotel, only those who need to be in the Vdara or the Aria. Parking is valet service only. Great valets! Check-in went smooth. I booked a king bedroom with sofabed. The room was beautiful but at a second glance not that clean, dusty furniture, especially at the bed. The little kitchen was clean, but not at all equipped, not even a knife or fork. The bathroom was impressive, really spacious. The kingbed was excellent, but the sofabed had a very thin mattress, our kids didn't enjoy this sofa at all. Would definitely stay here again, but would book a different room with only real beds.

Rooms
The rooms here are amazing. All the rooms have a very modern look and feel to them. You have a little kitchen and table if you want to eat in or order food up to the room. The bathrooms are large and spacious. Soaker tub and a large shower. Fun to actually be in the glass shower and be looking out at the strip through the bathroom door.

Pool
This is the one part that I was a bit disappointed with. The pool is very small for the hotel. They could have easily double the space allocated to the pool area at least. If your vacation consists of lounging at the pool a lot I would definitely go elsewhere.

Staff
The staff here was very helpful and friendly. I definitely enjoyed interacting with them and they made sure that I had everything that I needed. We got a late checkout for a few dollars more we didn't have to leave until 3pm which was quite helpful and they stored our luggage while we roamed around in the afternoon until our shuttle picked us up.

Overall this is an amazing hotel but whether you enjoy the hotel really depends what type of Vegas vacation you are looking for.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SVanDC
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Vdara is unique in the fact you walk in the lobby and it feels calm and peaceful. There aren't huge lines of people waiting to check in and don't get the lingering smell of smoke. If that is what you are looking for then this is the place to stay. If you want to be in the middle of the action then I would say another hotel might be for you.

Rooms

Pool

Staff

Location
You are right in city center but back a ways back from the strip. There is no Casino at the hotel but walk out the front door and in less than a minute you are in the Aria Casino. If you are wanting anything else it is going to be a bit of a walk to get anywhere. Going out onto the strip always involved a decent walk which got old quick.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple