“Great Option”

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I visited the Vdara from Jan 30th-Feb 4th. As previous reviewers have stated, this is a great hotel. It's centrally located on the strip, next to Bellagio/Monte Carlo, across from Planet Hollywood. It's part of the new City Center complex, with Aria, Cosmopolitan, etc. The keys here besides it being a newer modern hotel, is that it's smoke free and non gaming. Which if those are things you want/need, you can find them a short walk away. We checked in late in the evening and had no issues, it was quick and the check in person was very nice and gave us a room with a nice view of the bellagio fountains. We had a regular 1 bed suite and it was very large, with a kitchen (small fridge fyi), great bathroom with shower and tub, along with a living room/pull out couch. Everything was upscale and modern. There is a restaurant/convience store in the main lobby along with a small bar. We checked out both and they were fine. Alot of these hotels are owned by MGM, so there were some priveledges at Aria next store, so we spent some time there as well. The pool was nice, but due to the time of year it was too cold to swim. The gym was well equipped. We did not try the spa. I would definately stay here again if I were to go back to LV.

Room Tip: When checking in, ask for a higher room with a view. We had a view of the Bellagio fountains which w...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JRH3
There are newer reviews for Vdara Hotel & Spa

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is gorgeous!! We paraded to lake view on 24th for and it was amazing! The view is breathtaking! My only complaint is that the wifi was horrible and unpredictable! I had to use my data service the whole time.... I think it might've been the location of the room, because I had great wifi service in the lobby, bar.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's so hard to book rooms in Vegas because what one person thinks is charming, another thinks is outdated. We had the really lovely suite at the Vdara and I was happily surprised to find it modern, comfortable and large! Our bed was cozy. The tub was large and the hot water was plenty! There was also a separate shower. There was a kitchen (electric stove) and full size fridge with utensils available for request. Our view was nice as the windows surrounded about 2/3 of the suite. Shades and blackout shades were available. It's tricky trying to figure them out initially but possible. My only small complaint was that our room was chilly even when we turned the heat on (I didn't call because we were only there for one night and I was tired) and some of the lightswitches seemed to be for nothing. Those are the kinds of hiccups I can live with though and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed in an 01 suite on the 12th floor. Our view was of the partial strip, the Cosmopolitan as w...
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Vdara, lovely property in the middle of the action, but a few things to consider when staying with them. Rooms are great, especially the corner rooms on the upper floors, it's all about the views of the strip, mountains & desert. Rooms, well, while sleek and modern, it was a bit worn and not what I expected in a property that boasts it's quality. It is a condo hotel, so there surely are a lot of parties going on, but try to make the room not look that way. The refrigerator had a big divot in the door, absolutely no utensils to use - unless specifically asked for, glasses, water bucket and a couple of very small bottled waters were provided. Why even have a kitchen? It was wasted room.

Other areas: bedroom, sitting area (for lack of a better term) and bathroom were nice at first glance, but don't look too closely as they were very dirty. Dropped an earring on the bedstand and had to look behind it, wow, found more than I ever wanted to. Lots of dirt, bottle caps, paper and crumbs: looks like it has never been vacuumed. The same went for the perimiter of the room and under tables. The bathroom was nice, clean and well appointed but the shower was something else. First, the water pressure in the shower was very low, it was like taking a shower with a drip watering system. Second, the shower had a very strong smell of mold which I couldn't see and that scared me even more since it was probably trapped in the shower head or drain. There was a great bathtub, but I didn't have the time to wait to fill it up and if I did, would the water still be warm when it was ready?

A very nice feature was the automatic shades on the windows. Unfortunately, one was broken and when we told the front desk that it needed fixing, it was not. Could understand that due to being there over a weekend. Room itself was very quiet, no noise from other suites or the hallway. Bed and pillows were comfortable, clean and of good quality.

Breakfast was included with the room, with either in their downstairs market place or room service. We went to the market place. While some items were good, others were not edible. It must be difficult to make eggs actually taste good, becuase they had absolutely no seasoning, bland add ins and covered in an almost rubberized layer of cheese. Appetizing? no. Stay with a muffin, bagel or their 'breakfast sandwich'. The portion size was laughably large too. No idea who eats that size of a meal any more. It could have been shared by a family of 4.

Overall, I gave this place a very good rating for the comfort of the bed and quietness. The rest really needs to be worked on.

Room Tip: Be courteous and respectful to the check in staff. If it's a special occasion be sure to mentio...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Solana75
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Clean, nice view of the Bellagio fountain shows if you get the rooms facing the strip.
Love the panoramic windows.
No Casino in the building which I like and within minutes walking to Aria and Bellagio Casinos.
The only dislike is the fact that Vdara is Valet parking- No self parking. I like the self parking to go in and out at my comfort and expense.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed in many Las Vegas hotels, but Vdara is my absolute favorite. It is such a beautiful property with nice modern clean rooms and suites with great amenities that make you never want to check out. The staff is very friendly and always helpful, especially Michelle at the front desk, who went above and beyond to make me feel welcomed and made my stay even more comfortable. Prompt A++ service all around, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having stayed at Aria, Venetian, Monte Carlo, MGM Grand, Bellagio, and many other hotels over the years, I can confidently say that Vdara is my new favorite.

This hotel is great for families and people who don't care for the smoky atmosphere that comes with Vegas. The rooms are huge with full kitchen and huge bathroom. It is very clean, and the beds are very comfy. It is also super quiet for Vegas standards as you can barely hear anything, which is rare for Vegas hotels. There is also free valet parking, which avoids the long walks between the parking and the hotel. It is also within a 5 minute walk to both Aria, Bellagio, Mandarin Oriental, and Cosmo with a great choice of casinos and restaurants there.

My only negative remark is the resort fee, which is common now with all Vegas hotels. Other than that, Vdara is the place to stay unless you love smokey casinos. I was so glad to arrive back to my hotel each day and be able to breath fresh air. If you are in Vegas with young children or babies, Vdara is a must!

We stayed in a deluxe room with a view of the Bellagio fountains, and it is absolutely wonderful! I will definitely be back!