“Vdara - Loved it!”

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #14 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked the 2-story one bedroom Penthouse Suite as a surprise to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. After heavily researching (and reading TripAdvisor, of course), I decided that the Vdara was for us. We have recently stayed at the Sky Suites at Aria and a Penthouse Suite at the Palms - but the idea of a two story hotel room in a non-smoking/non-gaming establishment peaked my interest.

We stayed January 29-February 1st and had no problems whatsoever. Everyone from the Vdara we came into contact with (limo driver, bell hop, front desk, housekeeping) were courteous and helpful. The limo arrived on time and the bell hop was great. Karen at the front desk is an asset to the Vdara. An employee is present at the elevator to make sure you actually have a room key to get into the elevators. The lobby area was refreshing, smelled good and there wasn't a 2 mile walk to the elevators. I didn't eat at the lobby bar or convenience-type store.

The room... Where to begin. We didn't have a view of the Bellagio fountains as I was hoping, but the rooms were well appointed and we had a view of the Aria and south end of the strip (and freeway). The kitchen area was nice, though we didn't use the washer/dryer or kitchen appliances. A Keurig is present, which I had read about in previous reviews, so we brought some of our K-cups from home since my boyfriend is such a huge coffee drinker. There's plenty of space in the penthouse and I believe the couch downstairs even folds out into a bed. The upstairs was spacious and the bathroom was pretty awesome. You could see helicopters flying by at your height while taking a bath or shower. The bathtub was deep. The bed was comfy and there was turn down service. I seriously considered buying a bathrobe!

It was nice not wandering through a casino to get to your room and the Bellagio and Aria were very easily accessible. It was nice that you could charge meals from Bellagio and Aria to your room also. I didn't hear any loud noise from the Cosmo, construction noise, didn't get stuck in a bathroom or have any other horrible things listed. I have come to realize on TripAdvisor that some people will just never be happy no matter what. We didn't get turn down service on our third night - so what! If your life hinges on having your bed turned down and slippers put out, maybe you should never leave home. Overall, a fantastic experience! I would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family and will stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Penthouse, of course!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ForensicChick
Write a ReviewReviews (16,455)

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very nice hotel. Rooms are high quality - we had a Premium view room and it was worth the extra expense. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Location is decent too although it is a little confusing to walk back to. We enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our 1st stay here….the wife and I really enjoy this place …will not hesitate to stay here again…the only complaints were no self-parking, weak water pressure in the shower, and had trouble connecting to the wireless every single time I used my ipad…fitness center was nice, but as expected was smaller than Aria’s…wife said spa facilities were really nice… the walk to either Bellagio or Aria for casino or restaurants was not an issue…the “smallness” of this place was nice… did not take long to get from room to coffee shop or lobby and out the door… plus no mobs of people in the lobby area as other hotels

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mgkendra
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have been a long time loyal customer to another hotel in Las Vegas for many years and thought it was time to expand my horizons in Las Vegas's newest hotel on the strip. The Vdara Hotel is one of the most modern hotels in the USA. Located in City Center on the strip in Las Vegas. Though a non-gaming hotel it is connected by a quick walkway to the Aria, Bellagio and The Cosmopolitan. It is also a pleasure to enter a hotel and not hear the noise of the machines and the smell of cigarette smoking.

The services of the Valet, Bar Staff and front desk were impeccable. I had the chance to use their first class Vdara SPA and had an amazing treatment and the facilities are top notch. One of the bartendars, Marc, a mixologist created some of the best drinks I have ever had! Each day he saw me, he knew to make one without me saying a word!

The very modern decorated elevators were very quick and never waited more than 10 seconds in my 6 day stay. I was fortunate to stay in an executive corner suite with almost 900 sq foot of pure modern luxury. My room featured a state of the art Kitchen with stove top, convection microwave, Kurig coffee machine and they supplied pods daily. My 1 bedroom and 1 1/2 bathroom suite also featured a modern & quiet Bosch washer and dryer, 2 flat screens TV, living room, dining room and one of the coolest bathrooms with an amazing view, glass shower, modern tub and double sinks.

Full 90 degrees of windows through out also offered privacy by the press of a button.
The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. It truly felt like home.

I also spent a few moments by the pool, with a nice bar and full staff.

I highly recommend the Vdara in Las Vegas

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank StanRudman
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stunning hotel with the unique feature of being quiet and away from the strip but still very close to everything you could want. Room was great, very clean. Staff were extremely friendly from the front desk to the housekeepers. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great Vegas experience but appreciates being able to come home to a quieter environment.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Rocketboots
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a great hotel, we hae stayed one time before ( and I never stay in the same place twice in vegas). I upgraded us to the 1 bedroom. It is very spacious..has a full kitchen, washer and dryer. I love the designs and colors in the room. We had a great view of ccity center even though we were only on the 11th floor this time. I did go to the spa and get my polish changed on my toes. I would go back as the spa was A++ for what little amount I paid. I was shocked! Recommend to everyone, great location, we had the 2 free buffet deal...tasty! No smoking, no gaming, but close enough to get to Aria or Bellagio

2  Thank TheTravelJoneses
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My experience has changed the hotel name to an acronym...Vdera- vacationers deserve exceptional reservations always. I really enjoyed this vacation at your hotel. I will tell my friends and relatives about my experience.

1  Thank David W