“Very Comfortable”

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Loved that this hotel did not have a casino in it. It was a break from the strip. Although, it is advertised as on the strip, you have to go through another hotel to get to the strip. Very comfortable beds, clean modern room. It's a bit tough to get to if you're driving. Overall, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Vdara is an Eco-friendly hotel without a casino. At first, we thought it was strange. I mean, it's Vegas! I can play slots while getting gas in this town.
Super relaxing environment. After experiencing a really stressful Halloween rush, this stay was a much needed break. We were also attending our 1st out-of-state Deftones show at House of Blues.

Other than that show, the rest of our stay was really low-key. We ate at restaurants far off the strip. This was the first time we didn't feel the pressure to be out and doing something. In fact, we didn't gamble once. We felt pampered the whole time we were in our room, watching Travel Channel in our plush bathrobes, popping macarons bought from the Market. (We received a $100 food credit and didn't feel like going to any of the restaurants at Vdara or Aria)

As part of a security measure, a staff member will ask you to flash your room key. At first, we were a little taken aback. It's not the first time we've felt judged based upon our appearance. And having just returned from the Deftones show, we must have looked like riffraff to them.

I would not hesitate to choose Vdara again in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

First, this hotel is beautiful. The bed was the most comfortable thing I've ever slept in, the look of the room is sleek and modern, it's great to have a kitchenette, and I appreciated the serenity of a non-gaming hotel. Once all the kinks were worked out, we had a nice time.

But I would never go back, because I felt like I was treated like a 2nd class citizen from the moment I arrived.

I booked through Kayak/Get a room, and got a very nice price, which is why I'm not complaining too much. This was our honeymoon, plus I was attending a conference at Aria. We arrived to check in, and we're told that our reservation was cancelled. Oh, the irony, because I had called Get a room to reconfirm my reservation a few days before. The staff at the hotel were very polite about it, but basically pointed me to a phone and had me call Get a room/Kayak myself to get it sorted. It was eventually sorted but I already felt second class because I was informed that the room I had was "special," owned by GAR, I think, so they couldn't change or upgrade my room at all (the room was great though, and I figured I'd ask because it was our honeymoon).

I'm a very observant, detail-oriented person, but somehow missed the supposed big post when I booked that my fee didn't include housekeeping. So when we called, irate, after 3 days, we were told it would cost $50. We paid it and didn't need it again, actually kinda liked that no one was bothering us in the mornings.

Oh yeah, and the key card didn't work for about 2 days. we swapped them 3 times.

All of this left us with a hotel guest inferiority complex. We surmised that Vdara was initially going to be a time share type place, and was changed to a hotel, which was why we had this "special" room--it was purchased by someone else. But I think Vdara is doing itself a disservice by having these differences. If nothing else, EVERYONE should make clear to guests (I mean Kayak, Get a Aroom, Vdara front desk, etc) that these are special rooms with certain caveats.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Punto_in_aria
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hotel was aesthetically pleasing from top to bottom. The middle of the strip location makes it very convenient to access all of the other hotels and casinos. The staff was very nice and helpful (and in a sincere way; not the normal cheesy "I'm just being nice because it's my job to"). The only downside is valet if you decide to drive. Valet is slow for drop off and even slower for pick-up.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Excellent location, great customer service. Although I do not like the fact that there is no self-park at the very beginning, the valet parking is VERY efficient and no additional charge at all. This actually becomes a plus after the trip.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

From the moment we arrived to the sad day of our departure the staff of the hotel from the frontdesk to housekeeping to valet was amazing. The staff do not aloud guest to smoke no even at the valet/trasportation areas, that is excelent for me as I travel with my family during business trips and is hard to find a REAL smoke-free hotel. The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas was my favority hotel on the strip they are second now... I will be back in June and back in November 2013. Thank you to all the staff that made my stay AMAZING!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2012

It's like waking up in your own penthouse suite on top of the Sin City - spectacular views corner to corner, excellent room with lots of space, my little daughter enjoyed running around from corner to corner and from one bathroom to another. Great location right behind Cosmopolitan but feels very private and secluded, and no long walks to get to your room, no long waits like in Venetian/Palazzo, and no smoke like everywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family