“Poor customer service - won't help you if you call their toll-free number”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Calgary, Canada
“Poor customer service - won't help you if you call their toll-free number”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Worst customer service from a high-end hotel I have ever had. We spent over $1500 booking rooms and shows with them for our parents as an anniversary gift. We wanted to call and talk to my parents to see how they were liking their trip. I had to call from work as my cell-phone died. I am not allowed to make long-distance calls at work so I used their toll-free line to their general connection line. They wouldn't connect me to their room using their toll-free line. They would only let me if I called back using the local line, meaning I would have to pay long distance. This was ridiculous as both lines were listed on the website as a general service line. They showed little sympathy for my situation. Will never book wtih MGM grand hotels again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jennychen56
VdaraHotelSpa, Guest Relations Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear jennychen56,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with our operators in getting connected to your parent's room. This is certainly not indicative of the high quality customer service and standard we strive to provide at Vdara. Our Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to discuss your concerns. We value your patronage and we assure you that we will continually strive to improve our services and hope you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Best regards,

Lisette Hairston
Vdara Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,362)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great location and hotel. Was originally to stay in Aria but ended up with a room in the Vdara based on a mistake my company made. This ended up benefiting me! The Vdara was close to everything I needed to do but without the hassels of having to go through a Casino to get to my room... no smoke. The service was outstanding and the room was great and spacious.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great hotel! We had a corner view suite. The suite was luxurious, large, modern and new. Comfortable bed with all facilities in the room so if you are on a budget, you can cook our own meals. Great having a spa and looking out over Vegas at night from your window. Convenient location and good in that it is not actually a casino so is quieter than those with a casino and hotel in one. I would definately stay here again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Corner view suite is nice
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Pleasanton, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have stayed here several times now, and are never disappointed. The rooms are roomy, clean, comfortable, and quiet. The views from the rooms are fantastic. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you are satisfied. Aria and Bellagio are right next door, and many other good casinos and restaurants are within easy walking distance.

Matthew Beehler, the Front Services Manager, was extremely helpful in accommodating our pickiness about our new car.

Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt

I was there in NAB2011
I have my accommodation there for 7 nights in the 36 floor
It was a good experience to stay in this highest floor .
There were something strange in my room that every doors inside the room have sharp edge knob!!!
The team there was helpful , I called them many times for some comment & they have a good feedback.
Not all smart phones can reach the wifi , so you have to bring your iPhone there:)))
It was not my first time in Las Vegas so , the hotel was so good .
I recommend everybody to reserve there.
The location is intermediate between (Aria hotel & Bellagio Hotel)
It is one the best quite hotels in Las Vegas ( Non gambling hotels ) .
There is a cooking facility in the room ,scale , iron , ironing table & good bath tube.
I think to reserve there in the next trip NAB2013 if there is room available.

Room Tip: Highest floor , I'm looking to 40th floors
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Vdara is for you if you want: to be in City Center where the hotels are all modern with no tacky themes, non-smoking, spacious all suite rooms, don't mind short walks to the Aria, Cosmopolitan or Bellagio for gaming, buffets and restaurants. And the in-room dining with butler style service is very nice and the concierge was very patient and helpful.

Vdara is not for you if you want: smoking, gaming in house, a selection of restaurants, or a large pool and pool scene.

I had a wonderful experience there and would certainly return again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nikke G
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Although they all recommend Aria for places to gamble or for a night club experience. Maybe it was just me but it appeared that was their canned response.

The rooms are amazing. Clean and super nice. However, limited views of Vegas since it isn't directly on the strip.

One of the reasons I enjoyed this place so much was the lack of gaming. The other big gaming hotels are nice but having to navigate through a busy casino in your hotel gets old. I could go through the lobby and straight to my room wihtout all teh hustle and bustle of people who don't even stay at the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
VdaraHotelSpa, Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
kevin n, thanks for posting a review about your stay with us at Vdara. We're glad you enjoyed our non-gaming accommodations and we hope you return for a future visit whether it is for business or pleasure.

Patricia