“Amazing”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York
“Amazing”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Beautiful Hotel, we got out deal thru Jetblue and it was more than what we expected. The Hotel was clean, sophisticated, modern and amazing views. The bed was very comfortable and so was the window sofa. The room had everything we needed and very well located. Steps from the main strip. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Vegas.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
VdaraHotelSpa, Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Ale Tati l, thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed all the comforts of our suite! We agree that our beds are pretty amazing! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Patricia
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,448)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We really enjoyed staying at the Vdara. The staff were very helpful. The view was amazing! The suit was large comfortable. The best part is it was centrally located almost on the strip.

However I think management needs a little more experience in running a Condo/Hotel. For example they did not leave us any dishes. Each day we had to call up room service to get them. There were no toasters in the rooms. We have stay at the Signature (another MGM Condo/Hotel) why didn't they take lesson learned from there?

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I travel to Vegas six/seven times per year. This was my third stay at the hotel and it has gone downhill from a service perspective. When we arrived the lobby was crazy - granted it was a Saturday so I understand. Multiple people in front of me were complaining about their rooms or their bills. Despite this we decided to stay as the first two visits had been okay. I will say the rooms are clean and the hotel is nice, it is a bit of a walk to the main strip but close to Aria and Bellagio. I had booked the Executive Corner Suite as this trip was a special occasion. I advise against it as it’s not worth the extra money - really. With the exception of the bellman that helped us with our luggage - everyone at this hotel was pretty rude and stuck up. Our room wasn't ready so I asked the front desk to call my cell when one was available - they refused. The valets treat you like it's an inconvenience to park your car. I myself got into an argument with one of them. I also witnessed two other guests having words with them.
I called to complain about the valet - no one could help. I had to wait until the 'valet manager' comes in. No one was willing to step up and listen – they just wanted to pass the buck. Tired of dealing with the rude staff and zero response to issues - I actually checked out two days early and moved to another hotel. Funny thing - not a single question from the front desk, like I said they don't care. You would think if someone leaves two days early – it would raise a flag. I chose this hotel as their reputation is supposed to be one of service but it doesn't appear to be that way anymore. I work in the service industry so I know it’s tough and you can’t please everyone – but at least listen to your customers don’t dismiss them.
I would strongly suggest considering another hotel before staying at the Vdara. There are many other hotels that offer better rates and service.

7 Thank Vegas_Krazie
VdaraHotelSpa, Manager at Vdara Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Vegas_Krazie, thank you for posting a review and bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide unparalleled customer service and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We are following up with our Front Desk and Valet teams to ensure this does not happen again. A member of our team will also be following up with you directly . We hope you will reconsider Vdara for your next Vegas visit.

Patricia
Manager
Rhode Island
Reviewed May 27, 2012

After our last trip I thought it may be time to try another hotel n the strip. The stay was great and I have a renewed faith in Vdara again. Room was great had a nice view of the fountains. I am a loyal Vdara fan. Only complaint is that Market's breakfast is awful, silk road restaurant back in the day had a great breakfast.

London
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Really liked this hotel, with a few caveats. Loved the location, short walk and you are in the Bellagio, or walk up the side and you are in the Cosmo or the Aria. Love the fact that as there is no gaming/fake city nonsense/performing tigers this is YOUR hotel, and you don't have to battle through acres of floor space and gawpers just to get to your room.
Room was pretty good, and although I didn't see the Belaggio fountains doin their thang from my very comfortable bed, the interactive in n out burger sign was fascinating, and in the end quite hypnotic. No prizes for guessing where we stopped on leaving vegas for lunch. Laundry closet is a great addition. TVs standard Vegas oversize. Weird thing was there is a kitchen, but you have to order ALL kitchen items from housekeeping. Didn't realise the economy had got that bad. The spa, according to mrs sports-bags, was amazing.
To the caveats. The cafe downstairs is shocking laid out, and the queues and wait time for the amount of customers they have is not to Vegas standard. The restaurant always looked closed, and the bar is minimal. I think the resort fee is a bit cheeky, you pay the same for the super hotels on the strip. A quick win for MGM would be to allow Vdara guests into the immensly superior Aria pool, as the pool area in the Vdara runs at about the same temperature as a pizza oven.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stay here. Probably the best rooms in Vegas. It has no Casino thank god. Very modern. Very quiet. They seem to concentrate on the rooms and service above all.
Ive stayed in some plush hotels in my time, Ban Yan Tree Bangkok. Hyatt South Carolinas, and most of the top names in London. The Vdara was a surprise.
The views were outstanding on the 16th floor over looking the Bellagio fountains. 3 Huge plains of glass over looking this with electric blinds and black out blind.
Proper internet connections with tidy plug in wiring. Two back to back plasma TVS. IN room movies. Largr kitchen and dining table. Fantastic bathroom. Small sitting room. All very modern and this is the basic room you get. Valet parking well organised and staff so helpful. Soon as you request something from the room phone they no who you are and where you are and give an ETA on everything. Quiet Air Con. Staff were perfect.
All/most hotels in Vegas are attached, so what you dont get in one you get next door. After a crazy day/evening its the Vdara you want to come back to.

If I was Mr Vdara the only thing I would change is Coffee facilities in the room. They have a lovely cafe (like a Starbucks) down stairs. Mabe this is why they dont leave coffee in room.

Room Tip: Get the highest room available above the fountains. They will see your request if you email before h...