“Nice place to stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Shoreview, Minnesota
“Nice place to stay”
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We spent arecent night at this facility and it was a very nice experience. I had reservations about a hotel that far away from the strip but it was no problem, just a medium walk. The room was first class, spacious, clean, large, nice bathroom and an excellent bed!
The cons were a little to long to check in, wanted email info which was provided at reservation and they requested it again when I checked out to forward the bill. Seems like once should be enough. The TV's in the room were nice flat screens units, but the remotes were very, very, slow. The lugage was very slow to be delivered, had to call twice. All the staff were very nice and accomadating, in spite of a few cons, this facility is still a very nice alternative to the normal Casino room, and I highly recommend the experience!

Room Tip: I like lower rooms and was given what I requested.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank dwcoupe287

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,408)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We thought it was a treat to stay at the Vdara but the whole experience was far from what we had expected from a high-end hotel is Vegas.

The problem with this hotel is because some of the suites are privately owned. I happened to mistakenly booked one of those through getaroom.com. For those who are thinking of booking through this site, make sure you read all the FINE PRINTS before booking. It took me quite a few phone calls to housekeeping and the front desk (including talking to the front desk manager) before I found out that the room was not supposed to get cleaned till we checked out. If we wanted it clean, the cost would have been $45.

Every hotel room has an unstocked kitchenette. It was a hassle getting the utensils because I had to SPECIFICALLY list out exactly how many knives, spoons, plates, bowls we needed. The first time, they only brought me 2 sets of dishes. To avoid my mistakes, figure out what and how many you need and request them all at once. The fridge is really tiny and the depth is really shallow, can't even put wine bottle inside. The temperature is not cold enough to store things like milk.

To get to Vdara on foot, we needed to take the connecting bridge from Bellagio (tram from Aria to Bellagio) or walkway to/from Aria. I guess it is because Vdara is a non-gambling hotel, MGM still wants its guests to go inside their other hotels with gambling facilities.

Also, there is a restaurant called Silk Road inside Vdara. Almost every time we walked by, it was either closed (at 9 pm? Is it a bit early for Vegas?) or was holding some private functions. If you're hungry past that time, then you're really out of luck!

The saving grace of this hotel is the very comfortable bed and the quietness of the lobby and corridor during our stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bratpackmom
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I travel about 25 times per year and booked this on a whim for a business conference and what a surprise I got when I checked into my 42nd floor corner room. I had windows along 3 sides of the room which had amazing views to the west, south & north. Very contemporary and cozy, clean and nice amenities. I have rarely seen a hotel with a full size refigerator, stove and kitchen table. I especially liked the electronic window shades which could shade the afternoon sun or give you a total blackout in your room for maximum privacy. It was extremely quiet, comfortable with high qualify beddings, two 42" flat screens, big shower, tub and great lighting. There was a 10 x 12 room with couch and coffee table to relax after a long day seperated by sliding doors with ghosted glass between the bedroom. This place didn't have a casino (one reason I chose it) but had a nice bar, cafe/store on the main floor. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was because the pool and hottub were closed for servicing. Big Bummer! I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

3 Thank Stud_Puppy_2012
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Start at the front desk,very classy,we arrived 2pm,room not ready,we requested fountain view so no problem they looked after our luggage and we wandered up the strip
2 hours later we were given a room that looked over the back yard,back to reception ,then given a room that looked over Monte Carlo, 3rd time lucky got what we booked!, So sadly first impressions let down badly by front desk staff
We have stayed all over Vegas including Bellagio,Paris,treasure,monte carlo,new york MGM Ballys to name but a few...the room in Vdara is better than any of the others we have stayed in
It has a full kitchen albeit with no utensils,we had to ask 4 times to get knives for the croissants and cups to drink the good coffee out of supplied by the cafe in the lobby
Would we stay again..yes because of the smoke free environment but the service really should be better

3 Thank Ge0rdiefrank54
OrangeCountyCA
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Vdara is striking in its architecture and, if you score a great suite, a wonderful place to stay.
For us, non-smoking makes all the difference, and it makes a trip to Las Vegas much, much more enjoyable, as even on the NS floors of places like Venetian or Bellagio, we can still smell the smoke and my wife's allergies pay the price.
We got a corner suite and the nightime view was fabulous. However, having been told we could check in "anytime," it was nearly 5 before the room was ready. One reason might be the clientele: the room across the way was trashed by a family with kids, resulting in a lengthy cleaning by multiple maids.
There is a small cafeteria style dining area at the Vdara and nothing more, so we had breakfast next door at the Aria, dinners elsewhere. Snack prices are of course high, but not extraordinary. The CityCenter area looks like a walkable urban area on the brochures but in fact is not--the entire center of the area between the three hotels is roadway. It is relatively easy to find your way down to the Strip, but coming back we walked through the Bellagio next door. there is a skyway tram at Vdara but it only connects to the Monaco--the regular skyway train is across the street.
While it was cool, we did enjoy the pool for a couple of hours. Be forewarned though, the glass of the hotel is like a magnifying glass in mid to late afternoon, focusing the sun onto parts of the pool deck with dramatic results. I can't imagine what it is like in summer. Pool deck is minimalistic, pool shallow but nice. Checkout was marred by inability to do so on the television set. We would go back, but plan to check in late.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms with full sun exposure.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheOCIronMike
Louisiana
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband and I wanted to stay at a hotel without a casino and we ended up at the Vdara which is adjacent to the Bellagio. We loved it! My husband surprised me with a suite and it was amazing! It was huge and was really like a 1-bedroom apartment complete with a kitchen, washer/dryer, guest bathroom off the foyer area, a living area, separate bedroom and fabulously large bathroom.

The hotel has a very modern and sleek design and there are lots of high-tech features such as automated shades that cover/uncover the vast picture windows with the touch of a button.

We stayed in room 39-002 which was at the end of the hall (so no noise) and had a view of the Bellagio fountains from the bathroom. The views of the fountains might be better if the room was closer to the elevator but those rooms weren't suites.

The cafe downstairs has great food and coffee (I had a scone that was the best I'd ever eaten, so fluffy and tasty), the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, and the spa is first class (separate review written about this).

I highly recommend this hotel - what a nice escape from the casino rat race!

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank littlejet
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a three night stay at the Vdara. First, let me start by the time you enter the doors. The hotel is very pleasantly decorated but this is immediately flawed by the intense scent that runs through the entire lobby / bar / market area (basically the entire first floor). If you are sensitive to perfumes, this hotel might not be the place for you. Upon waiting in line to check-in, this was the topic of conversation on everyone's lips in line.

We reserved a corner suite and was pleasantly surprised by the room, once we figured out the light switches (and there are a lot of switches in the room). The shades are electronically controlled in each room which is a nice touch but it takes some time to get used to.

The layout is nice and cozy. The bed was comfortable.

The shower was very nice but the water pressure was horrible. I understand the urgency to conserve water (especially in the desert), but management needs to realize it takes up to three times as long to take a decent shower when there isn't sufficient water pressure!

The location was perfect but I would not stay there again.

6 Thank Suzy M