“Condo next to the strip”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Canada
“Condo next to the strip”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Definitely not a hotel. Doesn’t have the multitude of restaurants or casino or anything. One can see it was built as a condo building. However it is a nice touch to live like this so close to the strip. Don’t misunderstand this, this is high level living. The units are well appointed with Bosch appliances. If you plan long stay this could be a better alternative than the hotel.
The only drawback is access. Seems to be very awkward. Pedestrian access definitely difficult. From the strip you need to walk through the maze of halls and passages either through Aria or through Bellagio.

Room Tip: the North side has a view of the Bellagio fountain
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GAMACA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,405)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Just returned from another wonderful stay at Vdara in Las Vegas--our FAVORITE hotel! We always upgrade to the City Corner Suite as the views are breathtaking! I always tease our friends and tell them you can literally take a shower and watch the Bellagio fountains go off--which is the TRUTH!!!

Our room was full of space with a kitchen, living room, dressing area, twin-sink bathroom against a glass wall with a gorgeous view of the Bellagio fountains and the strip and a good-sized bedroom. The washer and dryer come in handy as well. Guest services brought up laundry detergent and dryer sheets complimentary upon our request!

The only drawback is Vdara used to carry really nice bathroom amenities and they did not have them during our stay. My wife was really bummed as she looks forward to the nice shampoo and conditioner they used to have in the bathroom.

There is a new small restaurant/deli in the lobby that was a FANTASTIC addition. You can pick up fruit, water, pop, sandwiches, etc there. It is very affordable.

The elevators? Amazing! Honestly we were on the 53rd floor and never waited more than 5 seconds for an elevator. I am NOT exaggerating. Five seconds tops.

All in all Vdara is an awesome place to stay. It smells great when you walk in the door--feels like home! Casinos are close and so is the strip. Vdara used to be a best-kept secret but based on the large number of people in the lobby it is no secret anymore! Do yourself a favor: Stay at Vdara your next time in Vegas!

Room Tip: Drop the cash and upgrade to the City Corner Suite so you can see the Bellagio fountains from your r...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank WYOMAGS
Detroit
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The Vdara is the best hotel I've stayed at! Beautiful, modern, clean, perfect location! First time in Vegas and I'm in love! Most comfortable bed I've slept in and the most amazing cleaning service. They organized my makeup that I left all over the bathroom counter!!! Was super impressed and I loved the fact that it was a non-gaming hotel. Highly recommend and brag about it to everyone!

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank iLuvDetroit
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2012

My friend and I stayed here in January 2012 and we had the best time! The room was the most basic room but it was amazing! We had views of the strip and the Bellagio Fountains! We used the fold out couch as a bed so both of us could spread out and we were both VERY comfortable here! The bathroom was beautifully clean and amazing! This hotel room had everything we needed and if anyone wants to let an alarm clock ruin a trip to vegas they are being ridiculous! We accidentally had a house keeper come in once while we were asleep as we forgot to press the do not disturb but this was not a big issue. Loved this place and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a fun trip to vegas!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank megb05
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed January 25, 2012

This was our second stay at Vdara, and we loved it! Last year, we chose it because my husband's conference was at Bellagio, and it is connected to Vdara. This year, his conference was at Aria, so we didn't hesitate to book here, again! We like it because it is quiet, non smoking, and especially because of the suites. We like to have the refrigerator and microwave so we don't have to eat out for all of our meals. Last year, our room was larger, but this year, we had a better view. If you want a desk in your room, be sure to ask for one, as we missed having it this year.

The rooms are very clean, all of the staff was very friendly, from the bellman to the cleaning personnel. The beds are very comfortable. My only complaint about the room is there is not a separate room in the bathroom for the toilet.

It is so easy to get to the strip from Vdara, you can cut through the Bellagio and even get to the bridge by Caesar's quite easily. You can also walk down Harmon and cut through the Cosmopolitan. I actually preferred walking down Harmon and then crossing to go up the steps by Aria. The Cosmopolitan can be quite busy for cutting through, and I didn't find the people there very friendly, You do need to be careful crossing in front of the parking garage, the drivers fly out of there and can't see you until they are all of the way out.

We ate at the restaurant in the lobbyof Vdara twice, actually took some sandwiches back to our room.. They were absolutely delicious, and it was perfect for when we didn't want to walk or drive anywhere.

One night, we had a couples' massage in the spa. While it was quite expensive, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Mar Lei was an excellent spa attendant, I was so impressed with everything about the spa! John was my masseuse, and it was honestly the best massage I ever had.

The fitness center is a bit small for us, we like to use free weights, kettlebells, and things like that, but it was nice to use the fitness center.

I don't know when we will be back, but we have stayed at Signature MGM, which was quite nice, but a bit more out of the way, Planet Hollywood and Treasure Island. We will definitely stay at Vdara, again!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Bellagio fountains! You might have to lean into the window to see them, but w...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Carolinagirl0224
Reviewed January 24, 2012

My husband and i decided to book a trip to vegas and after reading reviews we thought of this place. This hotel RUINED our trip - NEVER again. Now I'm not one to complain and usually don't but felt I had to let people know to please avoid this hotel.

Our trip started off great - i walked into the lobby admiring the design, art work, the beautiful bar, great smells etc. We patiently waited in line where a nice gentleman checked us in and 'upgraded us'. We arrived to the room and I was happy with the view but didn't care much for the room itself and actually found the layout to be quite awkward = a lot of wasted useless space = and the rooms are quite dark. I didn't bring my blow dryer as every hotel i have stayed in has them. Well to my surprise this hotel didn't - huge disappointment as I need to blowdry my hair so I wasn't able to wash my hair and get properly ready for a night out. My fault I guess for just assuming I guess.

We decided go out anyway and got home around 4 a.m. Well at 6:45 a.m. we got a nice wake-up call from the alarm clock being set from the previous guest who stayed in our room. We woke up exhausted and cranky and spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how to turn the stupid clock off - not as easy as one would expect - there were no off buttons - just snooze. Couldn't unplug it because it's plugged in behind a built-in wall unit. We finally got it off or so we thought only to get woken up again. Nothing worse after staying out late and wanting nothing more to sleep in. We played around with it some more and finally got the alarm off then headed out for the day. We returned later in the night forgetting about our disasterous morning and hit the sheets. Sure enough 6:45 a.m. AGAIN the alarm goes off. This time i was really angry. I called down to front desk and they said 'we can't explain how to turn off the alarm over the phone - maintenance will have to come up to turn it off - it is hard to explain how to turn off" (No apologies or anything) REALLY!!! You need maintenance to come turn off an alarm clock!!!!!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!!

So another day and we are up, annoyed and angry. Great way to start the day. Then to top it off I go down to the lobby 'cafeteria' and order a $5 gross coffee I have to serve myself.

Finally the day came to leave and I couldn't wait - we checked out - got the bill (all the resort fees, fees for overpriced room service, fees for everything you could think of really) from a rather unpleasant little man and went on our merry fricking way. I hated that hotel and will NEVER recommend it to anyone or stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Kmw19
San Francisco
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We did extensive research into non-smoking hotels on the strip. As of today, there are really only two choices - Signature at MGM Grand, and Vdara. We picked Vdara given it's relatively new, and in our opinion, better location. We were pleased with our choice during our recent two-night stay.

The good:
- Free valet parking, quick on pick up
- Walk in the lobby, and there's the front desk, and right around the corner is the guest elevator. That means no walking a few hundred feet through the casino floor just to get to the elevator like other hotels on the strip
- Easy access to Bellagio (via connected walk-way) for dining, entertainment and gaming options
- Room is spacious, well appointed, and if you request and get a room facing Bellagio (like we did), the view of the dancing fountain is spectacular

Needs improvement:
- No self parking (see above). If you're reluctant to hand over the keys to someone, self park at Bellagio garage and walk 10-15 minutes back to Vdara
- Staff is friendly, but at times they're understaffed. Also, despite our multiple visits to the front desk, they could not get our card to work for room charge
- No food on premise after 10pm (except pricey room service)

All in all, we would return the next time we're in Las Vegas.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family