“Beautiful - would love to stay here again!”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Albany, New York
“Beautiful - would love to stay here again!”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Gorgeous room - very spacious. Love the separation wall between bedroom and sitting area. Great big bathroom with a huge soaking tub. It was nice to have the kitchen area, and although it was easy to call and request silverware and dishes, it would have been nicer to have them already stocked - with a coffeepot please! We had a great view of the Bellagio fountains. Great rate, and $30 late check-out was worth it as we had a late night flight; we got to visit the amazing fitness center, nice quiet pool, then refresh before our flight. Loved our stay here.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank wheljenn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,408)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reedley, CA
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Stayed on a Thursday/Friday night - it was quite dead on Thursday.
1. Even our smallest of the Vdara's rooms was very large. An upgrade can make it a huge suite for not a ton of extra $$$.
2. The lone cafe in the Vdara was not up the quality of the rest of the hotel. Much better to just eat at one of the many restaurants in the Bellagio (down one walkway, close) or the Aria with its 16 restaurants (just a walk across the parking circle).
3. The pool is rightfully famous for a very concentrated sun reflection off of the Aria. I am rather tan and even late in the day and being out for just 45 minutes I noticed I had taken much more sun than normal for the time of day and the duration. Plus the reflection is hard on the eyes.

The room electronics can charge any USB device if you have the cord, no transformer needed. The TV's have a very nice panel of video inputs: HDMI all the way back in time to s-video and many major ones in between.

2 Thank Mimizhusband
Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Our first stay was shortly after the hotel opened. We loved that it was non-gaming, non-smoking as we don't smoke or gamble. I was there for a trade show and the shuttle picked up at the front door. Loved having a coffee pot and well-equipped kitchen! After arrival this year, however, I discovered the shuttle pickup was in the basement on the other side of the Aria because the buses had problems navigating the circular drive. I had appointments that required I take my portfolio & computer. I was NOT happy. A cab ride to World Market Center is nearly $30. When we got to our room it smelled like a dead rodent and immediately called the front desk. They were very nice and were able to remotely reprogram our keys for another room two floors down which was fine. Then we discovered the coffee pot and all the kitchen essentials are no longer provided. No robes either (even 4-star hotels provide them). The rooms are still very nice and clean. The small fridge and microwave are very handy to have. The bar is fantastic (you can actually have real conversation without yelling), you can now order some light fare (you couldn't last year) and the same wonderful bar waitress is there from last year. The $20 per day is a little out of line for internet and two small bottles of water. We didn't mind it when it included all of the items provided last year. Overall, we still think the Vdara is a great place to stay and we'll likely go back. The good far outweighs the bad.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank kdwall
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I stayed at the vdara for 4 nights. The hotel was absolutely gorgeous, very clean, super comfy beds, room service, concierge and maids were all excellent, very polite. We asked for hangers, towels, bedding, etc and all our requests were granted in a very short period of time. The hotel is a bit set back from the strip but very close to the bellagio and there is a tram that goes to monte carlo. My only complaint was the manager, who managed to ruin the pleasant experience we had. We needed a late check out because our flight was leaving at 10 pm that night and we didn't want to roam the streets of vegas from 12pm until 7pm. We were told they could give us a 4 pm check out for 50 dollars, but that we had to do it the morning of departure. Fine, morning of we call, we are told they are not granting any late check outs because hotel is very full. I call back and ask to speak to a manager, they tell me she is in a meeting. The woman says ok, you can have "late checkout" by purchasing the room at the half day rate and leave at 6pm. I said Id rather not pay half day rate, when you can offer me the 50 dollar fee to check out at 4pm. I am told I can not do this because the hotel is full....so let me get this straight, I cant stay until 4pm because the hotel is full BUT I can stay until 6 pm??? ooohhh thats right because youll yank more money out of my pocket. If the hotel is so full, wouldnt you want me to get out at 4pm? instead of 6 pm? so you can empty a room faster? I felt like I was being ripped off! They told me the manager would call me, she never did. I went to the front desk, the manager repeated herself over and over, offered no apology, repeatedly interrupted me and cut me off. She offered no explanation nor did she try to refute, how it made no sense that they could only accommodate me if I paid them more. I told her I had a pleasant stay and that she ruined the good vibe and experience I had, due to her poor customer service skills. She did not seem to care and walked away. I would not stay here again even though the hotel was beautiful and clean simply because I refuse to support poor management.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jenni_Ann_PA
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2011

The Vdara is a great hotel "IF" you are looking for a traditionally non-Vegas type stay while still being in reasonable proximity to the Strip.

Here's the deal, last time we stayed at the Mirage - loved everything about it! This time around I wanted a strip hotel (according to Priceline the Vdara is a Strip hotel), unfortuantely, most of the things that I loved about the Mirage were not available at the Vdara - I blame myself for that, as I opted to go the Priceline route (as you may know, with Priceline, you do not have control of the actual hotel you will be staying in, just it's amenities and star level).

With the Vdara, I missed having a casino on site... the closest casino is either the Bellagio, or a tram ride to the Aria, or a 10 minute walk directly to the Strip. I also missed having a selection of restaurants on site (the Vdara has one - I think, that is more a high-end grocery store & very small cafe), I also missed shops - to buy either hotel wear or souviniers (the Vdara has none), and then there's the pool - where the Mirage pool (and seemingly every other pool area we visited was attractive, vibrant, and full of life the Vdara pool is... well, a pool - and that's about it. Very small & very boring.

We are by no means party people, but when in Vegas we expect to imerse ourlselves in the culture of the town, and the Vdara just didn't do it for us, mostly because of it's lack of amenities and proximity to "the action". I found it very odd that upon checking-in, I had to sign a document acknowledging the fact the Vdara was a non-gaming facility.

Okay, so why the high rating... what the Vdara does offer is beautiful rooms with great views (of places you wish weren't a tram ride away - LOL), the linens are amazing, the bathrooms are spotlessly clean, and the room set-up is very smart (afterall these are suites, not really hotel rooms). ...but that pool area - ugh!

We came away from this trip realizing we are Mirage, NY NY, MGM Grand, Bellagio type people, the Vdara is more for foks that want to go to Vegas but not be part of the Vegas scene. ...next time I will know better.

4 Thank GTW76
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2011

It was our first trip to Las Vegas and stayed at the Vdara! Wow! The room was amazing! Very clean and spacious. We were fortunate to be upgraded to the corner suite! The service at the desk was fast and friendly! Would stay there again without a doubt! The hotel is right in the middle of the strip and close to everything you want to see! Very happy with our first trip to Las Vegas!

Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Very nice hotel when you can get it on special.

Small pool.

No self parking at all. Use the parking one block west and walk through the adjoining hotel to get back to this one.

Some freeway noise at night. There is a buffet over at the other property if you don't like the rather smallish offering in this hotel's lobby.

One of the most comfortable pull out sofa beds I have ever used.

Our unit was an end unit 1 bed suite and contained a refrigerator, stove, washer and dryer, walk in shower, and a separate bath tub along with an in unit safe.

Other that the lack of immediate self-parking and the small walk to the strip, this was a nice property.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends