“Great Suites and super quiet”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mpls, MN
“Great Suites and super quiet”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The V'dara Suite was very comfortable and we had great views of the mountains. After coming in at 4am and closing the door to the suite, nothing could be heard in or outside of our room until we awoke at Noon to hit the pool. Bad thing was the pool area - most of the unbrellas were broken and it was kind of sparten. We were lucky enough to have frieds staying across the way at Aria which had 3 pool areas with trees and was much more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask and you usually get.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,408)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I spent a night at this hotel in early June with a group of friends. One thing I really enjoyed about this hotel is how quickly you can get from the lobby to your room. Going back and forth to your room in the larger Vegas hotels with casino's can take a very long time, but at Vdara in literally only took us three or four minutes. We had a corner suite with a full kitchen and the living area was separated from the bedroom. The room offered great views and was about a 10 minute walk to the strip, or about a minute to Aria which is a very lively hotel/casino.

The room service at the hotel wasn't great. It took them a very long time to deliver towels on a Tuesday morning. They also gave us the impression that they'd be able to give us a later check-out than the standard 12:00pm, but were unable to do so when we called in the morning. The room was very nice and modern, but not very open, so it wasn't a great room to party in. I was also disappointed when I arrived back from a night of partying in the early AM to sleep on the pull-out couch, and the bed wasn't made up. It didn't make for a great sleep.

This hotel would be great for a couple, or for someone who's not in Vegas to party. With the exception of the view, you don't really feel like you're in Vegas when you're at this hotel. I'd stay here again if I got a great deal, but would be more inclined to stay at a more lively hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2011

My mother and I had an all-girls trip to Vegas a few months ago and decided on the Vdara because of it's non-smoking, no-casino atmosphere. Very clean and neat... the only downfall was the kitchenette. We had to ask for utensils, mugs and plates several times and there aren't any grocery stores nearby to really buy food from, so it was all sorts of pointless. The room was spacious and the bathroom - AMAZING. Best. Shower. Ever. Really enjoyed it! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Mount Vernon, Indiana
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Great place to stay, very clean and just far enough away from the Strip. There is no gambling and no smoking which makes it great. The Vdara is within walking distance to other motel if you want to gamble.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
liverpool england
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed at the Vdara from 8th to 15th may, we found this hotel to be every thing we wanted for our 1st visit to Vegas, the suite we were allocated was excellent on the 20th floor as requested, with a view of the pool. We requested plates and cutlery which were delivered to our room
Some of the negative points raised earlier by other T A reviewers i.e. location and the pool are not worth mentioning, you are going to do a lot of walking in Vegas so get over it, as to the pool it was suitable for our purpose , which was to chillax for about an hour each day, wind permitting.
The room was cleaned daily to a very high standard, and my wife’s toiletries (body wash etc) neatly arranged by the maid. We did leave a note requesting they leave some toiletries but on our return there was an extra six toilet rolls, obviously an Anglo-American communication breakdown
The only problem we experienced was during the power cut, none of the staff seemed to know what was going on, all of the power including the emergency lighting was off, luckily my laptop was charged so I could use it to illuminate our way to the stairwell (which was also in total darkness) and down to the ground floor, to there credit the hotel immediately refunded my resort fee $115 about £85, and when I explained that I wasn’t paying for a night spent on the front terrace covered by a duvet, they informed me that they could only refund this through my booking agent (Expedia) on my return I contacted Expedia and the hotel have now refunded me a further £79.(back of the net) Thank you Vdara & Expedia.
While there we went to see Donny and Marie (my wives heart throb) phantom of the opera Vegas style and Matt Goss at Caesars all the shows were really good but we had an excellent time watching Matt Goss and his band, accompanied by the dirty virgins, I might add that this was a bargain for under £30 each, after the show the dance floor and disco opens and Matt returns signing photos and the like.
While there I took the early morning helicopter to the Grand Canyon for a champagne picnic, I booked it with Papillion on line two days earlier for a remarkable price of $285 approx £180, I was picked up at 5.45am by a 10 seater bus driven to Boulder city airport, half an hour away had 1 hour return flight in the helicopter half an hour at the foot of the canyon with picnic and was back in my hotel for 10.30am , my wife hadn’t noticed I was missing
We had a great time in Vegas and when we return we will certainly stay at the Vdara

Room Tip: email request prior to stay
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 5913
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Just came back from the Vdara and absolutely loved the hotel. Very modern, upscale and clean. The hotel is only steps away from the Blvd. (seriously it is not that far away) and gambling (Cosmo, Bellagio and Aria). Those hotels are a little steep for my minimums so I always grab a cab out to the MGM.

Front desk and Valet service is super quick. I asked for bedding and kitchen utensils after I checked in and they were sent up right away. Housekeeping was excellent and very tidy.

Pool area was pleasant and beautiful. Not sure where this death ray thing came from.

What attracted me the most was the no casino (hence much less noise) and non smoking. Perfect hotel to come back to after gambling for the night.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cgarn
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Overall, the Vdara was a nice hotel. It was off the strip so it was quiet but it wasn't so far that you couldn't walk. We especially enjoyed walking through the Bellagio to get to the strip. Check-in was smooth and they gave us an upgraded corner suite for an additional $10 per night. The room was very clean and modern with great views of the major hotels to the South. Water pressure was not great but is what you would expect at a new "green" hotel. We enjoyed the no-smoking aspect of the hotel. The downside of the hotel is that there was no full service restaurant available. Also, the pool was below average compared to other major hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Ask at the desk.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple