“Awesome place for a girl's weekend!”
Review of Vdara Hotel & Spa

Vdara Hotel & Spa
Ranked #12 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Francisco, California
“Awesome place for a girl's weekend!”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We were off to a good start with early check-in. Our request for a view of the Bellagio fountains was accomodated. From the ultra-modern lobby to the room, the place was spotless and smelled nice. The room was well-appointed with high quality linens and always promptly made up so that one can relax before dinner after spending time in the spa or pool. This was a return trip for me. They have certainly upped their game and worked some of the "opening" rough spots. The valet parking was efficient also.
"
Generally the cafe and pool food was good except for the fresh summer rolls. They looked good, but really bland.

Room Tip: Roomm with view of Bellagio fountains
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,390)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We chose the Vdara b/c it is a rare NON-Smoking hotel. (No casino) The hotel has a very modern decor. The rooms are large, very comfortable and generally quiet. (I did have one drunk lady scream in the hallway at 5am, but that's not the hotel's fault) The cleaning staff is a little overwhelmed and my room wasn't cleaned until late in the day everyday, but it was cleaned well. The desk staff is pleasant. The lobster tacos served poolside are excellent! There were only a few problems: The "feel" in the lobby was a bit "college" for our tastes. We saw a lot of 20-somethings in bathing suits carrying big, plastic drink cups with booze. It was a bit low-class. But the security is good at making sure only guests get upstairs. Also, the pool (nick named the "Death Ray") is hotter than the desert. The glass windows of the hotel reflect the sun directly onto the pool area and it is almost unbearable. We had to rent a cabana just to sit near the pool.

In all, the hotel is reasonably priced and the rooms are great. I have two kids, but I was traveling without them. This is not a hotel for kids. It's right next to the trendy Cosmopolitan hotel and only a block from the strip. If you're not a big gambler, this is the perfect non-smoking hotel. I would go back.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed June 9, 2011

The Vdara was everything we had imagined and hoped it would be for us as newlyweds, and more importantly for our guests that joined us in Las Vegas for our wedding. The room was awesome, clean, large, modern. The bed, SO comfortable. I cannot RAVE enough about the housekeeping staff! They even folded my husbands dirty laundry, always gave us more than enough towels, and organized my bottles in order from smallest to largest. WOW! The mini fridge and micro-wave were nice to have as well. We bought plates, napkins and utensils so we didn't have to worry about asking for them. Beware though, the deluxe suites do not have coffeemakers in them, and the suites that do have coffeemakers in them, it's $2.50 per cup. Still better priced than the Market Cafe price of $4.50 for a large! But it's Vegas, that's not unusual at all for coffee.

The non-smoking non-gaming element of the Vdara is the best. The lobby smells wonderful, elevators are right there to take you to your room, unlike every one hotel & casino where you have to walk what seems like miles through a smokey casino just to get to the elevators!

The pool is FABULOUS. Do not let the "death ray" scare you. One side of the pool has to have the umbrellas up until 2pm, but there's plentty of chairs without umbrellas in the sun if you get there Early in the AM (Even during the week the pool is packed). We rented a Cabana for our family one day and that was great! Expensive, but still fun. Kristen was our cabana host and she was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

The ONLY complaint I have about this hotel is the front desk staff and concierge, both of whom lied to me. First, the front desk staff told me they didn't have extra coffee makers when I asked for one in our room (we had the deluxe which didn't come with it). Of course what hotel doesn't have extra coffeemakers, so I asked to speak to the manger, and Nick explained to us the coffemaker situation, and offered to put one in our room or any of our guests room if requested. At least he was honest and helpful.

Also, at one point I lost my room key and cell phone. My husband was nowhere to be found. I asked the concierge if I could use the phone to call him, and she told me it was only a house phone. I explained to her the situation AGAIN and told her I would need to see a manager if she insisted I couldn't use the phone, guess what it wasn't just a house phone.

Despite the staff issues, we will deifnitely be back to the Vdara. The rooms, location and non-smoking cannot be beat!

2 Thank KSprincess
Manitoba
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Awesome Hotel!
Quiet!
standard rooms are amazing. View is incredible! No coffee makers but just go over to the Miracle Miles side of the street and get some coffee from McDonalds or bring your own instant starbucks coffee. Rooms have fridge and microwaves.
Ask for robes and slippers! Get the long robes, short ones are too short. included with your stay
there is a charge of 20 per day called a resort fee. It kinda sucks but many hotels have it there. I think it should just be added to your cost when you book. It feels like a rip off to pay extra after you already paid.
Pool was nice, so spend time there from 2-6pm at least. BYOB discretely and in safe non glass containers. We really enjoyed this hotel and would reccommend it.

Room Tip: book Allegiant Air if you are living in Winnipeg..
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2011

This property is a smoke free studio hotel without a casino located next to Aria, its sister property on the strip, We stayed in a one bedroom with stove, fridge,microwave, washer/dryer and dishwasher. There were a few things that could be corrected. We were given no dishes or bedding for pull out and had to call twice to get them brought up. We saw a very long line for a taxi and we waited about 20 minutes for check in and our in room phones did not work one day. The bedding was nice and room was large and best of all it was super quiet! It is a short walk to 3 casinos and food choices.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We arrived at the Vdara quite early in the morning, so therefore a long time before check in. We were greeted at our taxi by a lovely man who took all our bags and told us how to get them when we can check in. A very smooth process and so easy.

We went to reception just to check is we could have our room, but on luck. (9am)
The young girl was very helpful and told us we should have a room by midday, which sure enough, we did.
We proceeded to the elevator to go to our room, which was in itself a pleasure. Not once did we wait for an elevator and they moved very quickly from floor to floor.

As we stepped into the room it was just great, We walked into a decent sized kitchenette/dining area with a microwave, refrigerator and hotplate.

The room was great size, with a beautiful window spanning the entire width of the room and a decent view outside.
The beds were very comfy as were the pillows.
The bathroom was big and very clean with separate large bath and shower.

There were 2 large LCD televisions in the room which worked out great for us.

Housekeeping staff were great and friendly and service was always efficient.

A 2 minute walk to Aria casino and not much more than that to the strip.

A great hotel for families, couples, friends, really anything.

Room Tip: Ask for it!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed June 7, 2011

This is a decent property, but there are a few problems: 1. There are large gaps between the 3 sets of curtains which allow a large amount of early-morning light to enter the room which woke me up each morning at 6:30am. After staying out each night until 3-4 gambling, this is totally unacceptable. 100% light blocking curtains are a necessity in a LV hotel room! 2. Parking signage is very confusing. Upon arriving in town, I entered main City Center entrance in my rental car looking for signs to Vdara. Only signs were for Aria. Vdara is part of City Center right??? After searching and searching, I had to ask and was told that the Vdara entrance is off of Harmon Ave. So I drive over there searching for the self-parking. I see a sign which says "Self Parking & LV Blvd" so I take it. No self parking anywhere and this dumps you right back onto LV Blvd. 10 minutes later and back again. This time I asked the valet where the self parking is and he said there is none, valet only. So why is there a sign that says "Self Park" that takes you back to LV Blvd??? Hello management, is anyone paying attention? 3. As many others have noted, the location of this hotel is bad. It's a very far walk to go just about anywhere. Even to get to the Bellagio which is right next door, it is quite a walk! 4. Pool area is just OK- small and nothing exciting and not much energy. 5. Bed is not comfortable- too soft and caves in the center. Didn't have one good night's sleep (for the few hours before woken up by the sun). 6. $18 daily resort fee is really annoying, but I guess they all do it. :-(

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends