“Excellent”

Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Paradise
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Im really pissed out about what that women say about Eduardo.he is a very good worker
is truly amazing how someone can talk that way about eddy then no one has had a single complaint from his work if you and your husband had a bad day you could state at your home, is really a lack of respect all that has since this lady, and critiquing to lunch grell havana, if stale bread, if the amburgue , both eddy and the restaurant have always played an excellent job, if you have something better to do and is so estrict should open his own restaurant fence on Saturday at 7:30 to eat with his family, is really an outrage that want bread eddy work and reputation of restaurant .
Thanks

There are newer reviews for Havana Grill

Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

The food here is not an issue, it is good. My issue is the service. We were a party of 3 adults, two toddlers and an infant sleeping in the carseat. Now we eat out a lot and out young daughters are very well behaved and sit quietly coloring (I bring along a "distraction"). We drank a pitcher of mojito and had apps and dessert and the girls split some rice. My problem arises when the bill came, I tipped my usual 20% and was happy...until I got to the car and realized we had been charged an automatic gratuity which they do for parties of 6 and up! Really, he included my sleeping 2 month old!? I was livid and went back in to complain and was ten told it was too late because the charge had already gone through. This is BS BYW, I have worked in management for restaurants for many years and know that they 'batch out' once every night after close. This server was tipped over 60 that he did not deserve! For this, I will NEVER go back.

2  Thank JulesLV
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Ok. So we wanted to see a movie with our kids next door to this restaurant so went here before the movie started so we could have dinner. First, we sat down and were greeted by Eddy (our waiter). I wanted to order their Mojito and asked what flavors they had. He told me to go for the Mojito with the coconut water (I think it was called the Havana Mojito). When Eddy brought my drink, it was blue from the Blue Carcao he added. I told him that wasn't the drink I ordered. Eddy said he was out of coconut water and ladies usually like the sweet drinks. I really hate sweet drinks because I'm 37 yrs old not 20 Eddy! It was insulting but I tried to overlook it and have a good meal with my family.

Then my husband sat down and asked for an iced tea (because he doesn't drink liquor). Eddy said "come on, don't you want to try a Mojito"? My husband doesn't drink so he kindly said "no, thanks, I don't drink". Eddy dropped it and went and got our drinks. Finally, it was time to order. Everyone was ready but me so I told Eddy to go ahead and get the order from my husband and kids. My husband gave me that look like he does when I'm not ready to order and then Eddy piped in "Yeah, I'm married too buddy, I know how you feel". This waiter was not only a chuvenist pig, but he seemed to really enjoy disrespecting women. I wanted the small Cuban sandwich but Eddy informed me that he thought they were out of sandwiches right now. I said "you are out of all of the sandwiches on a Saturday night"? Eddy said, "I don't want to speak for the kitchen but yes I think so. Why don't you try one of our beef dishes? Do you like beef?". This guy was unbelievable! I felt like saying, "Hey Eddy, why don't you just sit down and eat my food for me too"! I then decided to try a big bowl of soup. I asked Eddy which one was good. He then said that they are bringing the bread over to the restaurant and that it might take some time but I should really order the Cuban Sandwich. He only offered me a sandwich when he knew I was going to get a $6 bowl of soup! Nice, huh! I then decided to just get the Cuban Corn Soup w/ pork and call it a day along with some fried Yuca.

When the soup came, it was not very good. It tasted like canned Campbell's Corn Chowder with some really nicely cooked pork thrown in. I wouldn't recommend it. The fried Yuca (which some reviews on Yelp said was great) turned out to be tasteless and the dipping sauce was like plain rice wine vinegar. I ordered a 2nd drink and this time I told Eddy to just bring me the plain house mojito. The drink took 15 minutes to receive and when he delivered it, it was served in a skinny tall glass half the size of my first drink, not to mention that both Mojito's had very little liquor in them. Scary!! The kid's hamburger meal was just plain wrong. The buns were so hard that my kids were knocking on them like a wooden door (utterly stale). Being a fast thinker, my husband grabbed the bread from the bread basket and made a make-shift hamburger bun for our boys so they could eat. My husband's dish was the only good thing that was brought to the table. He had some sort of stewed beef dish with rice and beans. The beef was very tender and the beans were good too.

I wouldn't come back to this place even to drink. It was that bad. Find another option if you want good food. We have 1000's of restaurants in Las Vegas where your money would be better spent. Folks, there is a reason that this restaurant was half empty on a Saturday night at 7:30pm.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

When it's hot, try the red sangria. It is so refreshing.

Although I don't like Mojitos, it is worth noting that they make six different Mojitos. My friend had the pineapple one and seemed to like it.

They make the traditional Cubano sandwich that is always prepared to perfection.

I didn't enjoy this evening's selection as much as I normally enjoy my meals at Havana Grill. I ordered an appetizer platter. The small Cubano sandwich was great; but the tamal was just so-so; one of the appetizers was so hard it wasn't edible (I chewed and chewed and chewed the first one; finally got it down. Didn't eat the rest of them, whatever they were.) Just a poor choice on my part. I also ordered the twice fried plantains and they were fabulous. Tasted like fried green tomatoes, my all-time favorite food.

Everyone else in my party made better selections (entrees) and loved their meals. We'll be back.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have been here multiple times. The food is very good, but I wish it was a little spicier. It is not quite as good as places we've been to in southern Florida. There is a big selection to choose from. Service was excellent. They have a good Happy Hour. Music/dancing starts at 10 PM--and is popular. It is in a strip mall complex, parking is easy/free.

Been to Havana Grill? Share your experiences!