“free zone is a great place for a birthday”
Review of Free Zone

Free Zone
Ranked #120 of 332 Nightlife in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Gay bar and restaurant mixes dancing and dining.
las vegas
“free zone is a great place for a birthday”
Reviewed August 14, 2008

i love freezone! i go every time i get to vegas. the bartenders are cute the drinks a re cheap and the music is always good. i just had my birthday party there last weekend and i just wanted to say thanks to all the staff for helping us out so much.!

Las Vegas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Free Zone = Racism”
Reviewed July 20, 2008

FreeZone = Racism

Lastnight my g/f and I decided to go dancing,so we stopped by a club called "FreeZone".We went in,had a few drinks at the bar,watched the ending of the Drag Show......then went over to the photo booth to take pictures.As we were taking pictures,I felt a tap on my shoulder.....As I opened the curtain,this very large man ( security gaurd) said,"Pull up your pants!"He said it just like that.I then told him,"This is my body and I have rights"....he then told me I was going to be thrown out if I didn't pull up my pants.My pants were up!!!!!I had low rise jeans on that night.....but my pants were up....I wasn't showing my undies,i wasn't causing any trouble....I was just having a goodtime.So,I continued to refuse his orders.....he then became irrate and went to put his hands around my wrists.I pulled away and informed him that he is not to lay one finger on me.He then got so close to me that his stomach was touching my chest.I felt so violated! He was literally backing me in to a corner.Right before this guy was backing me into a corner....I asked if I could just finish my beer and get my pictures,then I would be on my way.He told me that I had to finish my beer outside.I informed him that's illegal...(to take a beer outside of the club)Long story short,I downed my beer,got my pictures and we went outside to talk to this guy that said he was the owner,which come to find out he's not.He said his name was "Russ".Anyways,Were explaining to him the situation with my pants and the security guy.....So the "owner" then takes us aside and quietly says to us how FreeZone is trying to keep the "Ghetto People" out......He then went on to say,"How is it going to look if we let you keep your pants low?These girls are gonna say,"How come this white girl gets to wear her pants like that?" It's plain to see that when he was reffering to "The Ghetto People".....he was referring to perhaps Blacks and Latinos.The whole conversation he kept incinuating that. I am Anti-Racist.....and I was completely offended by this mans actions and choice of words.Also,there's a dresscode board as you walk in....it says nothing about sagging pants.

I had not been to Freezone in a while,so when we stepped in I was kinda confused,because there wasn't really any other races,other than white.I remember back in the day,you'd walk in and see hella different races together.What's going on with Freezone???? They need to change the name of it,because it's not Free.

Just because you wear your pants low,does not mean you are in a gang or that you are Ghetto.It's bad enough that I am discriminated against by being a Lesbian,but now I am not even welcome inside of a Gay Bar.What happened to Freedom of Expression? Slowly we are being stripped of our rights.

If you have any stories about FreeZone or any other Gay establishment,let me know.

This is only the begining.I will not stop until justice and rights are restored.

Also,if legal actions were taken,I have video to back my story up.

P.S
The "owner" said the 6'4 280 pound security person was threatened by me and my attitude....heh.Beware! I am 5'2 and half his weight.

9 Thank ErinL23
Fort Lauderdale, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My favorite bar in Vegas”
Reviewed January 3, 2004

This is the second year in a row I've come to Vegas for the holidays...and ended up staying about a month. Free Zone is definitely my favorite of the gay bars. What a fun and down-to-earth (read: No Attitude - unlike another bar across the street...begins with a G...) crowd. Good drink prices, good music, dance floor, pool tables, food, everything. Karaoke is Sunday and Monday nights too. Staff is exceptionally friendly. DJ kicks @ss on weekends - not the same ol' usual "gay bar stuff" but fantastic dance-early hip-hop flashbacks like "It Takes Two" and "White Lines" etc. etc. Bravo.

3 Thank TonyAndBrian
A TripAdvisor Member
“Unbelievable service”
Reviewed October 29, 2003

From the moment I walked in I felt welcome, the bartender actually asked how I was doing. The place looks great and there is just about anything you want to do under one roof. My friends and I couldnt figure out why we hadnt come here before after we found out that happy hour was 4 hours long and drinks were only a dollar. Had I been a participant in the alternative life style I probably would have been living there for the last few years. But I found out it didnt matter that I wasnt I was made to feel welcome and part of the regular crowd which was great! I plan on visiting much more often. Cheers to the Free Zone staff, you guys and girls are great.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Things are Beautiful in the "Free Zone"”
Reviewed April 2, 2002

As a Las Vegas local, I've looked for sometime for a place where I am able to go have a drink, have some good conversations and just unwind. And I'm here to tell you that Free Zone is just the place to do it. While it is classified as an alternative lifestyle establishment, anyone is welcome. The entire staff there is extremely nice and courteous. The food is GREAT as are the drinks, not to mention resonably priced. Sunday night is Karoake night and there is fun to be had by all. There are many other places to visit here in Las Vegas, but if you get the chance, swing by the Free Zone and check it out. I guarantee you'll go back for more.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member