“Pure Relax!”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We spent two nights at the Mandarin Oriental after hiking in the Canyons and they have made our stay purely relaxing. We also used the Spa and had the Thai and Tao of Man massage, absolutely amazing, great experience, staff is immaculately professional and friendly. The fact, that the Mandarien Oriental doesn't have a casino, makes it a great escape from all the madness that you experience when going out at night. Thanks again for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Standard room is absolutely fine for a short stay.
2  Thank Gelsomin0

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I returned for our annual trip to Vegas and stayed at the MO for our fifth time. It is still as good as ever, and by far the best place to stay on the Strip if you want to avoid the mad hurly burly of the Casino hotels. It is an oasis of Eastern calm and service, yet situated right in the middle of city centre.

Room Tip: We love the strip view suites, as high as possible
1  Thank Brad_Lizzie
Reviewed July 3, 2014

The MO was unbelievable, everything about our stay was perfect. The room was extremely well appointed with everything that opens and shuts, the bathroom was spectacular. My husband attended a conference during our stay which meant we utlised room service on a regular basis. the meals were first class and better than most restaurants we have been to. the staff were extremely courteous and attended to every detail. There was absolutely nothing to fault here apart from the fact we wanted to stay longer.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsS30
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I had purchased two rooms 6 months in advance for our daughter's graduation gift. Her and my husband have always wanted to go to vegas and she is unusually picky about hotels. She will literally check every website and read every review so she knew what to expect at this hotel…or so she thought. We arrived for an evening check in and were completely ignored by the staff. At check in we were not offered anything, none of the refreshments ppl claimed to get. No one even showed us to our room or explained to my husband and I that everything was controlled electronically. At the time of booking we requested to be on the highest floor possible in our room category. Instead our rooms had a view of nothing but the pool…on pool level so that we couldn't even open or shades due to privacy concerns. We spent the whole 4 days having to have a blacked out room so everyone at the pool couldn't look directly in on us. The room was fairly clean aside from stained menus and piles of dust on the beside tables and toiletry chest in the bathroom. The tub appeared clean but when looking closer the fixtures were repulsive with mildew stains. And when returning after turndown service both my daughter and I could tell that our tubs had not been properly cleaned after use….there was literally still visible dirt. I was going take take pictures of the tub fixtures and post them but my daughter convinced me not to. Our biggest concern is that unlike everyone else, no one knew our name, no one spoke to us in the hallway or even gave a slight smile. We didn't feel welcome and I suspect average looking minority tourists aren't there target demographic. Unlike everyone else there was no congratulations for our celebration, no champagne, no cupcake, and barely a hello. We were so put off by the unwelcoming vibe that we opted not to use any on sight facilities and used the hotel only for sleeping and bathing, we ate and swam next door at the Aria because in my opinion my daughter deserved the world for graduating from Medical School! we will most likely not return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank Benni D
Mandarin O, Public Relations Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. We know the importance in making a celebration special and we apologize that your experience was less than fantastic. We pride ourselves in creating memorable events and providing exceptional service. We understand that our management team has been in discussion in regards to your stay. As we stated in a private message to you, the experience described is not the high-quality of service we strive for.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I loved staying at the MO in Vegas! It was very clean, relaxing, and comfortable. It was nice coming "home" to a quiet hotel sans a casino and wild parties. It is slightly off the strip by about 1/3 of a block. No biggie! There's a Starbucks and Walgreens right outside the door. The non-smoking rule was also a huge plus for us. The bed was amazing and the in room amenities were perfect. The pool area is pretty small with limited seating. I did like that bottles of water were offered free of charge as well as an occasional sample smoothie or frozen fruit offered by the pool assistants. Will definitely return when in Vegas again and highly recommend.

3  Thank Susan G
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We live in Las Vegas but likes to check in here for special occasions. We are spoiled here and always end up comparing other hotels to MO. They keep your profile so they know my allergy, preference, etc. the staff is always attentive! Yes, it is expensive but worth it! Plus, they have no casino making it more serene and ideal for relaxation! Love love this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank A A
Reviewed July 1, 2014

What a delight! The service at this hotel is fantastic. The rooms are great and enjoyed the fact that there is no gambling at this hotel making it a welcome retreat from the craziness of Vegas.
In-room dining is an experience not to be missed. I was completely enamored with the Thai green curry - the best I have ever had and I've been to Thailand!!
I would strongly recommend this hotel and plan to stay a night or two in the Mandarin Oriental in London.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business