“Just Heavenly”

GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Just Heavenly”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

After having stayed at numerous Mandarin Oriental Hotels in Asian I wondered if this Las Vegas hotel would live up to my expectations and it did. It was so quiet and serene. It sometimes was hard to imagine all the craziness that is Las Vegas was just outside the door. The staff was so professional and always greeted us by name. The rooms were large and very comfortable. I loved all the gadgets and little touches. The only thing in the room I did not like was the soaps, shampoo and lotion. I did not like the fragrance nor did I feel they made you feel clean. The food at the pool was delicious. We had breakfast and lunch and enjoyed both. The one disappointment at the pool was that we were told we had to wait 30 mins for a seat but there were chairs with leftover towels that hadn't been cleared. Considering you pay a "Resort fee" you should be able to have a seat at the pool. All in all I can't wait to stay at the Mandarin Oriental on our next trip to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Our room was on the strip so the view was fun but I am sure all the rooms are great.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,217)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Norden, Germany
Reviewed April 30, 2014

The hotel was a place of calm serenity with the most welcoming and professional staff. The Mandarin Oriental should be proud of what they have achieved. The customer service was second to none. The location was perfect, the spa was sublime and the pool was perfect.
It does pose a problem for us, with respect to ever finding another hotel so good.
We stayed for our honeymoon and will now look for other Mandarin Oriental hotels to celebrate our anniversaries in the future.
The staff were excellent in every way. In particular:
Walter the limo driver, who was as cool as the air conditioning and Hailey the concierge whose enthusiasm was infectious. All made us feel welcome, appreciated and part of the Mandarin Oriental family.
Please keep up the great work, we will definitely be seeing you again in the near future.

London
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Since the reviews in general of the Mandarin Oriental are so brilliant there isn't that much else I can say! But as I always try to review every hotel I stay in on here, I can't miss out this one out :-). The hotel is gorgeous - if you want an oasis of calm to relax in after a hectic day and night in Las Vegas, stay here. I booked this (1) because of the excellent reviews and (2) because we didn't want to stay in a casino hotel. What sets the Mandarin Oriental apart is the service which in almost every respect is perfect. There were only 2 tiny let downs - service at breakfast one of our six mornings was just ok rather than great. The server was a bit robotic, I got a dirty cup, service was a bit slow but let's keep this in perspective - the rest of the time it was great. The second teeny, tiny niggle was that on 5 of the 6 mornings we had breakfast there I had to ask (and sometimes wait a while) for a tea cup rather than a coffee cup. I know, I know that's a ridiculous thing to complain about but in a hotel of this calibre it should happen automatically. Special mentions for the bar (amazing cocktails) and the pool (beautiful and fab service). Would I stay again? Absolutely!

1 Thank sweetpea_me
Ballarat
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Having been to Las Vegas 3 times before I now know that I would only stay here if we were to return to Vegas.
This place is definitely an oasis after walking around busy and at times crazy Vegas.

The service at this place is incredible. Special thanks must go to the concierge who had booked fantastic seats to 2 fabulous cirque shows before our arrival, which we made contact via email before our arrival.
The girls and guys at the pool were so friendly and offered amazing service whilst we used the pool area, which has the most peaceful and restful atmosphere and also being open late was a big plus, as we could sit and enjoy a drink by the pool after a busy day around Vegas. The food also at the pool was very nice and reasonably priced.
Our room was beautiful with an incredible view of the strip.
The location I think is the best in Vegas being mid strip and definitely on the more classy side of Vegas.
Thank-you to all the wonderful staff for making our 5 nights in Vegas a wonderful time.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank suefromballarat
connecticut
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Cant say enough about our recent stay . We stayed for 5 nights as part of a birthday celebration and it was wonderful. From the moment we walked in the door it was an oasis of calm. I had been to Las Vegas before and was not anxious to go back because of the loud smokey hotels and casinos. My husband talked me into it and it was one of the best vacations i have had.
The room was beautiful, the staff so great from Alex our waiter in the restaurant MOzen restaurant for breakfast ( great gluten free options) to the staff at the pool. We had three days of 90 degree weather and the pool was great to relax by.
Our excellent concierge Debbie helped us book dinners and shows. Elton John was amazing.
We loved every minute and can't wait to go back!!!!!!

2 Thank winterymix
atlanta
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed four nights just to relax and enjoy the quiet comforts of MO. We were not disappointed in any way. We were picked up at the airport by MO private vehicle. Driver was very friendly handled our luggage and had cold bottled water waiting. We were graciously greeted by the doorman and bell hops. We took the elevator to the 23rd floor and were welcome immediately. We were early and were not expecting our room to be ready but were pleasantly surprised to find it was in fact ready. Check in was easy and efficient, we were escorted to the elevator to receive instructions on how to access elevator with key card. I have read other reviews about having to use two elevators, we found it to be easy and it provided extra security. Not an issue but a great addition. Our room was absolutely perfect, nice view of strip and very comfortable. Large bathroom separate walk-in shower and a huge soaking tub!! Loved the remote control shades and blackout curtain. Everything in the room could be controlled by remote or controller by bedside. Wi Fi was included in room and was very fast unlike other reviews stated. All the staff we encountered was extremely friendly and did anything to make sure your stay was perfect. Really liked the butler pantry, I took advantage of the complimentary shoe shine and the local newspaper which was delivered each morning. We utilized the pool three days and cannot say enough about the service! Exemplary in every way. We dined at the pool cafe twice, food and service was excellent. I like the way the staff will escort you to a lounge chair by the pool and assist with finding a comfortable place to relax. Service pool side was very good not intrusive but always available. Ice cold water was provided frequently as a nice refresher. We used the spa and were well pleased, treatments are expensive, one cannot go to Vegas and worry about budget spa was worth the extra splurge. I highly recommend the stress buster!! Two hours of bliss that will relax you for days. I used the gym every day, found it to be adequate for a good workout. Took advantage of the complimentary coffee every morning just outside the bistro. Gym had Plenty of equipment and a nice locker room. We had reservations at the Mandarin Bar, awesome views and very good speciality drinks, try the "Smoke & Mirrors" very good. We ate appetizers with our drinks and they were delicious, server somehow knew it was our anniversary and served us complimentary champaign. The sliders were very well prepared along with the satay chicken. After eating these we opted to skip dinner, the appetizers were plenty. Every time we left we were greeted and asked if we needed directions or any assistance. Upon our return we were always welcomed back and asked if we needed any thing. I can say the staff was the best I have ever encountered. They all were professional, courtesy and always willing to please. During our stay we never experienced one thing that was even remotely lacking. I would have to say our stay was absolutely perfect! We will return many times, looking forward to staying at other MO locations too.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bill S
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel is the epitome of luxury, absolutely fabulous in all respects.
From check in to check out 1st class, nothing can be faulted.
Personally I found the staff the best that I have encountered in any hotel that I have stayed.
I'll be back!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room overlooking the strip.
2 Thank Bob C