“Exceeded Our Highest Expectations-Serenity Now”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Exceeded Our Highest Expectations-Serenity Now”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My wife chose Las Vegas as the destination to celebrate her latest monumental birthday. We have stayed at many Las Vegas hotels in the past, e.g. Wynn, Mandalay Bay, Mirage, and the Las Vegas Hilton (now the Las Vegas Hotel.) My wife wanted to stay at the Wynn, but because we are averse to crowds, especially Super Bowl Weekend, she acceded to the Mandarin Oriental. Everyone of the hotel's staff were marvelous. By assigning us room # 2208 the hotel met all of our pre-arrival requests, e.g. high floor 22/22 and a view overlooking the Strip. The room was spacious and had all of the modern conveniences that we could imagine and then some, e.g. electronic curtain/drape opening/closing and a TV in the bathroom, which was built in to the mirror. We are planning a 7 city Western European vacation for the fall of 2014 and have discovered that the Mandarin Oriental has hotels in two of the cities, e.g. Paris and Barcelona. I will check TripAdvisors.com to ensure that their hotels in these two cities meet and/or exceed the high standards/expectations that we now have based on our Las Vegas experience.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with selecting room 2208!
2 Thank Philip H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have stayed at many of the other 5 star hotels in Vegas and Mandarin is better than all of them. The service is amazing. They think of every detail and call you by name from the minute you get them (amazed how they remember you so well). The room is extremely modern with great views. Can't think of anything that someone could complain about.

3 Thank Bradley K
West Lafayette
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed here for one night in the suite for a pre-CES vacation and the services are top notch. Before checking in, the manager served us tea. After the check in, she personally walked us to the floor we were going to stay. One thing most memorable is that they even arranged and sorted all the stuff in two cosmetic bags for my girlfriend. Also according to my girlfriend, their spa service is also worth the dollar. I will definitely stay here again next time in vegas.

1 Thank ShuaiqiMa
Seattle
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We moved to the Mandarin for 2 days thinking construction @ nearby Chateau Marriott would be a problem (it wasn't). So glad we tasted this elegant but not stuffy hotel. Other Trip Advisor reviews were correct about this being first class. May be a bit tricky to find the entrance but once you arrive the attentive valets set the standard for all employees. Our friends car was kept by the valets, at no charge, while he dropped us for check in. Parking does have a fee.
You enter the ground level elevator and go up to 23 floor to lobby and restaurants. Then go down from some private elevators to your floor, which keep you thinking...the halls ways are the quiet and zen I've ever experienced along with subtle fragrance in public areas. When we entered our room the wall of curtains over the full wall of glass opened by themselves-cool huh? We had a mountain view, which we loved. Great desk area as well as sitting area in with comfy bed. The huge closet is near the entry, separated from sleeping area by great bath suite. Double vanity, with magnifying, walk in shower, water closet both with glass doors and a deep vessel tub with bath salts that offer either peaceful music/scenery or TV IN the mirror. Not a tv On the mirror, it's within giving a clean look.
Comprehensive workout room with views and yoga and Pilates (w/reformers) classes. Use comes with the resort fee (free shoe polish, paper, wifi, morning coffee). We had the breakfast package giving us $80 for the 2 of us for breakfast each morning. Excellent but obviously expensive. Their detox juice for $10 was tasty but not organic???? There is a Starbucks on ground floor nearby which wasn't crowded the morning I went for lattes.
We are back to Vegas in April and booked Mandarin because of great experience. No casino, no smoke works for us!

Room Tip: Can't imagine a bad room. We were on 16th floor facing mts.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MegamomSeattle
maryland
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas is a beautiful and peaceful hotel. The rooms are serene with tranquil decor and fabulous bathrooms. The food and drink are excellent. The spa is second to none in Las Vegas. Even the pool is a slice of heaven set in the middle of the strip. The only draw back, although absolutely necessary, is switching elevators to reach your room.

1 Thank lilnemo
Malaga, Spain
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who wants to visit Las Vegas. However it's aways helpful to have some prior information other than what is put out by the hotel it's self. It's not in the middle of the strip and there can be a lot of walking involved if you want to get around, we must have walked 5 miles a day. The breakfast might be a little expensive if you haven't pre-paid,it would be hard to get out under fifty pounds for two. There is a good Starbucks in Chrystalls Mall opposite the Hotel. There is no Casino in the Hotel. If you need to go to a small supermarket there is a 24 hour one almost next to the hotel, to the right as you come out. If your thinking of taking a suite and are not sure then I would say the normal rooms are great and a good size. I could not find any down side to this hotel, except the lighting configuration in the rooms, which is not a big deal.

Room Tip: Choose Strip View and ask for high floor.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DAVID W
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Mandarin Oriental is worth every star in their 5 star rating. Just wow! First the staff: the doorwoman/valet was friendly, courteous, and had a smile the entire time. Checking in was easy. I arrived early morning, so my room wasn't ready, but they called me once it was ready, and my bag was in the room inside the butlers closet. Had breakfast at the Mozen Bistro, my waiter was fast and efficient, yet wasn't so much that I felt they were trying to turn over the table as quickly as possible. Pretty much anytime I made eye contact with a MO employee I was greeted with a smile or a greeting. I felt so welcomed here. Also, they call you by your name, if they happened to know it. They try to make you feel like a real guest and not just another person they had to corral.

The hotel: One of the reason's I chose to stay at the MO LV was because there is no casino. This means no smoking at all on the property, shorter route to room, and more importantly to me: less crowded. Having the actually hotel lobby in the 23rd floor also detracts people from visiting. The lobby on the ground floor is just a small waiting area and a bank of elevators. The only "inconvenience" which I didn't really find at all annoying but overheard others complaining about is taking two elevator trips to your room. You have to take an "open to the public" elevator, then walk to a hotel elevator that uses your keycard to activate to get to your room. Considering other strip hotels, you have to walk thru a casino floor, this MO LV elevator setup is a breeze. The hotel room wasn't the biggest I have stayed in Vegas, but at MO LV, it's quality over quantity. The have a small side room immediately as you enter the room, and this is where they have a butler's closet, storage closet, drawers, etc. The butler's closet is accessible from the hallway, so if you need laundry service, a bucket of ice, etc. Instead of ringing your doorbell (yes, there is a doorbell to your room!) they just place it in the butler's closet.

The room keycard is also a chipped version and not a magnetic swipe. So all you have to do is get it near the sensor of your room door or elevator sensor. The keycard itself is pretty neat looking, with the MO fan logo being transparent. A small detail, but a cool detail. Along this line, the room is "automated". The lights, curtains, TV, alarm are all integrated into the touch screen remote next your bed or from the TV menu. The alarm can be set to open the room curtains. The windows are also floor to ceiling. They have two times a day house keeping and the afternoon housekeeping is a "turn down" service. They setup your bed for sleeping configuration, place a complimentary bottled water on the night stand, and place a bowl of water with a rose petal. A feng shui thing. One little detail I REALLY appreciate: you have the choice of what religious literature you want in the nightstand, rather having the Gideon Bible already place there.

I could go on and on about MO LV and how great it is. If I did have anything to complain about, it would be I didn't get a toothbrush in the bathroom amenities box, hahaha! But I'm pretty sure they would have got me one if I asked. Again, Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas is worthy of the 5 stars and the #1 rating on Trip Advisor. The only Vegas hotel I would stay in from now on!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends