“premiere”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Recently, I was in Vegas for a Show Premiere and had the luck to stay at the Mandarin Oriental since a friend had been talking great things about it.
I was in heaven since the moment I checked in.. the hotel is beautiful and love the fact that the lobby is on the 23rd floor... while checking-in you can enjoy the view of the city :)..
The pool located on the 8th floor is beautiful and super relaxed...Not sure if its worth to pay $500 dollars for the private cabanas since you can get the lounge chair closer to the pool for free. I that if you want the champagne bottle that comes with paying $500 it worth it...I had lunch up at the pool 3 days in a row and the food is really tasty..
I recommend this hotel.. the rooms are very comfortable and the scent of the hotel is wonderful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank romeog310

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I was glad I picked this hotel over the other 5* Vegas hotels that I had been considering.

The Mandarin may be slightly more expensive than others but it was worth every penny!

We stayed 6 nights in a strip view room that had nice views over Crystals, PH, the Aria LCD Sign and Paris. We could even see planes coming in to land at the airport.

The room itself was a nice size, nicely furnished and spotlessly clean. The curtains, AC, lights and privacy button could be controlled through the tv or the bedside control panel. I found it very easy to use.

The bed was extremely comfortable! I could have taken it home with me!

The service at the hotel was great. Especially at the pool where the staff bring round a constant supply of iced water and tasters of various iced drinks too. There's even free sunblock available - the staff always asked if I had some on as it was searing hot and I'm very pale! Cocktails at the pool were excellent as was the chicken sandwich that I had for lunch one day.

The pool is more of a chilled out pool than a Vegas party pool.

We ordered room service breakfast every day which was always delivered within the 30 minutes promised and when we pre-ordered it came at exactly the time we had requested. The food was good and the portions large! A gratuity was included on the bill so we didn't have to mess about finding change for a tip!

One night we ordered Kobe beef burgers on room service. They were served with a side of fries, a separate salad and toppings of our choice. The burgers arrived cooked medium as requested and they were delicious!

I requested a humidifier at 1am one night as I had a dry throat and it was brought to the room promptly.

Wifi was great with a strong signal and 16Mb/s download speeds.

The Shanghai Tang toiletries in the room smelled amazing and I'll be buying some of the Mandarin Tea fragrance shower gel if I ever come across a shop selling it!

Water pressure in the shower was excellent!

If I have any minor complaints it would be that housekeeping was inconsistent. Our ice bucket wasn't always filled but ice would be delivered on request at no charge. I also felt that more toiletries should have been left as the item sizes were on the small side.

Overall an excellent experience and I'll undoubtedly return the next time I stay in vegas!

5  Thank portex
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I were in Vegas for two nights as I had business. To be honest, Vegas is not our scene anymore - we like the upscale restaurants, quiet bars, and some of the shows, but can do without the gambling, crowds, and debauchery. Our goal is to have a really elegant stay and dip into the fun only as much as we want - and the Mandarin Oriental was perfect. It is an oasis in the heart of Vegas - centrally located, no casino to draw the masses in, and a superb level of service and design. The rooms are ample and well appointed. The service was magnificent at all points, from the front desk to the restaurant staff to the concierge. There is a nice bar on 23, a great pool with lots of service and peace, and a great breakfast bistro. Just a wonderful place to stay, and one that made our trip to Vegas wonderful!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DLStern
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I wanted a nice, clean and quiet hotel - this place was an excellent choice. It is just behind a building off the main strip and is not part of a casino, thus doesn't have all of the hustle and bustle like other hotels. The biggest stand out for me was the concierge service (as well as other staff). They will go out of their way to assist you and are very knowledgable. "Megan" was awesome. The restaurant/ cafe on level 3 has a great, large menu. The sushi was the best I've ever had - beating Nobu!! Great service again. My room service lady was a gem also.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place. Great service, quiet, nice rooms and in a convenient location. I'll be back next year.

Regards,
Chris (Adelaide, Australia)

2  Thank cabgt
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is the first time I've stayed at a Mandarin Oriental property and boy have I become a fan (pun intended) Especially in Vegas, where one can so easily get lost in a vast casino looking for the correct elevator to your room, massive lines at the front desk, or a non-smoking room that smells like cigarette smoke.

Not the Mandarin. Nestled in the (relatively new) City Center, our taxi delivered us to the valet where we were one of two guests arriving, not 150. We were shown the elevator to the Mandarin's signature "Sky Lobby" for check-in, where were were helped immediately, not 15 minutes later after standing in line. The lobby was quiet, serene, peaceful -- perfect for my wife and me, who HATE Vegas (we were only there to see a show.)

We had a top floor room - one floor BELOW the Sky Lobby (on their top floor) - a Premiere Strip View Room. The room faced the strip BUT since the hotel is set back from the strip in City Center, the view of the Strip is somewhat limited. Not to worry however - the fantastic room appointments soon made up for that small shortfall. Upon opening the door, the room "came to life." The curtains magically opened on their own, the TV switched on and some Far Eastern Music began to play softly. Best part of the room was the bathroom - almost bigger than the bedroom itself! HUGE stand alone tub, separate shower, his/her sinks, separate walk in closet.

The Spa was next. I had booked my wife a three hour time treatment and I had the men's "Stress Buster." The spa was practically empty, so I enjoyed a stream while awaiting my therapy time. Unfortunately the jacuzzi (if that is what you could call it) was being "refiltered" so I'll come back to that later. The therapy itself was fantastic and I fell asleep several times on the table - always a good sign. Their hot stone massage was especially noteworthy. At the time of booking, when asked if I wanted a male or female therapist, I always ask for best available, and so I had a woman named Liz who lived up to the request.

After therapy I returned to the Spa itself and found the jacuzzi had reopened. An interesting design, there is only room for four people in it at a time so not sure what it's like when the Spa is crowded during a holiday or convention or something. In the jacuzzi there are four stainless steel "lounge chairs" that are fully submersed in the water. Each chair has it's own set of controllable jets. It's laid out rather like an international first class cabin. As you face the window, A-EF-K. Definitely go for the "A seat" if it's available - it would be the most private and with the least foot traffic.

After the show and dinner that night we slept very soundly in the incredibly comfortable bed. We didn't eat at any of the hotel restaurants.

To summarize, this place is fantastic and if I ever had to go back to Vegas, the Mandarin would be my first choice - tucked away from the Zoo, in a calm serene peaceful setting. Perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MatinicusRock
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came to the Mandarin as a treat for his 30th birthday! We had spent 4 nights at the MGM and after that thought we would need some luxury! We were not disappointed! Everything here is excellent! Service is superb, fixtures amazing quality. We stayed in a Strip View Suite which had its own living room, bar and walk in robe. Amazing! The pool area is smaller than some other Las Vegas Hotels but is still spacious and we always had plenty of room. The only thing I ran out of time for was the Spa! I will definitely be going there on my next trip to the Mandarin. Highly remcomend!

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at hotel and took elevators up to the 30th or other floor which was the reception. Thought that was interesting, great view while checking in. I've been to all the city center hotels and all the rooms and very similar except this one had a bit different decor and room structure. I would probably say this was the best in city center but value for money I would say ,Vdara.

• Stayed: August 2012