“Just what you need in Vegas”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We deliberately chose Mandarin at Vegas, so we could escape the strip when we needed a time out. Location, quality of rooms, service was brilliant. Probably the best room I have been in. Even when we had a minor hiccup with our room lock, they sorted it out within 15 mins.
I cannot add anymore than what has been said. An absolute oasis. You walk in and instantly the music calms you.

Room Tip: Get a room with a strip view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (6,172)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We just returned from a long weekend in Las Vegas. I was in town for a meeting and picked this hotel because the meeting was being held at the Mandarin (and we got a discount for the room). It is pretty much right in the middle of the strip (next to Aria/Crystals) so it was easy to explore both the north and the south ends of the strip. Parking is expensive and as other travelers have recommended, we found it easy to park in the free self-park in Aria next door and walk over to the hotel. Check-in and check-out were very quick. Every employee that we met was extremely professional and seemed genuinely interested in helping us with any concerns that we had. When we called the front desk about a concern, it was immediately followed up on. We stayed in a cityscape room which was overlooking the hotel. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. We spent an afternoon by the pool - it was wonderful! The pool staff is extremely helpful and the pool area is very serene and peaceful.

For privacy, they do separate the elevators for the common areas (restaurants/meeting rooms/lobby) and the hotel rooms. You are supposed to go up to the lobby (23rd floor) from the hotel rooms in order to take the public elevators to the entrance. But since the hotel rooms are all below the 23rd floor, instead of going all the way up to the 23rd floor and then switching over to the public elevators, it is much faster to take the elevator down to the 3rd floor (meeting rooms/restaurants) and then switch to the public elevators down to the ground floor. Well worth the extra money for the service and location.

Room Tip: Let them know when you are making your reservation if you have any requests (higher floor, proximity...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We needed a place to stay the night before flying home and got a good deal on a night here. The room is exceptional. I wished that we could have stayed longer. The staff is as cordial as you might expect. The pool is a little Shi-shi....people getting perturbed if the wake from your kids made them slightly more wet, but thats expected I guess...they should divide up their 2 outdoor pools.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cb1_10
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Read all the reviews, so not much to say that hasn't already been noted by others.
Had a slight problem at check in where our room wasn't ready, it was after 4pm so it was going to be an inconvenience, especially after a 10 hr flight, and annoying as the girl checking us in had already tried to get us to pay for a room upgrade. I asked to see the Manager, and 1 minute later the room was available! This was the only negative experience we had, so no big deal.
The bar, restaurant and pool are all 1st class, and staff throughout the property have a great attitude, they really do make you feel special.
We normally stay at the Encore, and we went there for a meal on this trip, but looking at he hordes of very young clientele, and the huge queues at check in, we feel more at home at the MO.
To sum up.....we'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NGXX
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Well, what can I say that every other reviewer hasn't already said?...This is the epitome of a sexy couples stay. My boyfriend and I spent our last night at the Mandarin Oriental. At check in they greet you with cool clothes to wipe the Vegas sweat and grime from your hands and face. After check in we found our room by way of a private elevator. (Nice touch) Keep the creeps away! We were amazed upon opening our door. The blinds opened, the television turned on, the soothing music started. Maybe I have been deprived by staying at mediocre hotels but this amazed me and I'm sure it will amaze others. After heading to the pool for a quick dip, enjoying a cool refreshing spirit, we showered and went down for massages. BLISS! That is all. Upon re-entering the room, we were surprised to have rose petals on the edge of the bath tub and the night stand. (They thought I didn't notice. hehe....Its the little things. Ok, and to top my amazing stay off I swear I sleep on a cloud. The BED was incredible. The list goes on and on, but I know if I type too much you all wouldn't read it. Happy Vacaying! This place is a must stay at least one night. Its worth the expense.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for my husbands 40th birthday for 4 nights as a once in a lifetime trip from Ireland.
MO is everything we expected and more. From the moment we arrived until the minute we left, we were treated with 5 star hospitality. Alexander at check in warmly greeted us with the check in ritual of ice cold towels on a bed of fresh orchids. The turn down service of our room each night, combined with the friendly concierge "welcome home" each time we entered tge MO, were all the little extras which we remembered.
Rooms are beautiful, the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Earlier communication suggested an upgrade for our special occasion although we stayed in a standard room not overlooking the strip and it was beautiful. We ate in the bar with cocktails which were amazing and often ate lunch at the pool bar. We chatted with a really friendly member of staff, possibly julietta?? (Apologies if we have got ur name wrong!).
We loved the fact that each nite we returned back to calm and serenity from the madness of the casinos and constant card flickers. Loved the seat in the lift and orirntal fragrances with a corridor of lit candles.
Best hotel we ever stayed in, loved every minute of it. Brian on concierge also very helpful when we arranged a helicopter flight through the gran canyon. I wish we were back there now!
Thank you for making our trip unbelievable!!! Well worth flying the 6000 miles for. X

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JAMESY417
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed for two nights (Thursday/Friday) in June, in a strip view room. I found the other hotels i have stayed at in Las Vegas huge and impersonal, with patchy service (Palazzo and Aria) and i preferred the Mandarin to those. Check-in and check-out were instant - no standing in line like you are at an airport desk - and service much better. The room was very nice, with a good view towards the strip and a great bed and bath. I would have liked somewhere for two people to sit - the room only has a small chaise longue (which my wife nabbed) and an office chair (oh dear, i settled for lounging on the bed) but otherwise liked it. We ate at mozen one night; the dining room is yawn enducing in design (think mid range German business hotel decor) but the food was genuinely very nice indeed. Definitely worth a try, and if they had moved the room from the 3rd floor to the 30th and shot the designer before he started, it would have been spectacular.
No casino here, but i liked not having to hike a mile past various beeping fruit machines to get to the lift, you just walk into the lobby and away you go. Aria and others are a short walk anyway. Overall a good choice, and my favourite in Las Vegas so far.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple