WINNER WONDERLAND

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #1 of 267 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Beverly Hills, California
“Doesn't get any better than this”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Love the hotel, love the staff, love the peace in a crazy city. We were so well attended to, the best meal we had in Las Vegas was the room service at the hotel (we were too tired to go tothe restaurant). It was wonderful. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,151)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We recently stayed for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon.
What a hotel, it really is the calm amidst the storm of vegas. Great hotel to come back to and chill out for a bit after taking in what vegas has to offer!
The service is unbelievable, the rooms are out of this world, its heaven!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Location: CVS, pink berry and Aria/Crystals all on site.
We stayed here for three nights, without realising initially its TripAdvisor ratings, but it was just what we needed and then some. Firstly, its location is proximate to the action on the strip but enough removed and without a casino on the bottom it is fabulously quiet and a relaxing experience to leave and arrive to every day. The service is Mandarin standard, super attentive without being overbearing and the staff are genuinely friendly, always willing to have a chat anytime of the day. This applies to everyone from the spa team, bell desk staff, bar hostesses - everybody. We were given complimentary use of the house car to the airport without even asking. The rooms are stunning - with views just like the lobby there is so much attention to detail within the room and fitout, but the basics to are outstanding - very comfortable bed, huge bathroom and all amenities you could require are there with impressive use of technology. My wife used the spa for a treatment and came away really impressed - its truly understated luxury at its core with the staff extremely good at catering to your needs whoever you are and whatever you're up to - and as others have mentioned its discerningly genuine. Thoroughly recommended and will definitely stay there every time I'm in Vegas!

Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here on a whim - Amex had a special, and since I was there on business and didn't want to stay in a casino, I went for it. I'm so glad I did. From the time I arrived, I was treated warmly and cordially, the perfect blend of friendliness and professionalism. What struck me is how genuine it felt, from everyone - when the valet said "welcome home" every time I pulled up my car, it didn't feel rehearsed or mandated - it really felt like they meant it. Every need was attended to with a caring propensity to not only satisfy, but to deeply please.

Aside from the stupendous level of service that I could rave about for days, the room was also a treat. I was in a premier room, a really nice sized room with a heavenly bed. I had a huge bathroom, with a deep soaking tub, and unlimited bath salts to enhance the experience. I didn't love our view - looking out at the Aria sign blinking for 8 days straight was a little much - but they made up for it in every other way, and it was a teeeeeeeny price to pay for the unmatched excellence of every other aspect of the room and service.

The bar, lobby, tea room, and restaurant on the 23rd floor all offer a nice view, of course great service, and a wonderful way to unwind at the end of the day.

There are yoga and fitness classes offered throughout the week, and the gym is brilliant! Cutting edge technology, state of the art machines, chilled water, towels, room to actually work out... one of the best hotel gyms (if not THE best hotel gym) I've ever had the pleasure of working out in.

Then, as if all of this weren't enough, I strolled out to pool... and wished I hadn't - because I HAD to get back to work, and I just didn't want to leave.

In fact, I wish I hadn't had to leave the hotel... at all. Ever. Mandarin Oriental, can I move in please??!! :)

Room Tip: Treat yourself and stay here - you will NOT be disappointed - all rooms A+!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank skygirl12
VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Amazing stay at Mandarin Oriental . The staff is so courteous and friendly . I love this hotel it is pure luxury ! Pool is amazing , great fitness center with free classes. My husband and I took a Kinesis class we had such a great time , the instructor was so much fun . I love that the Mandarin is away from the crazy loud hotels that smell like ashtrays . After a night out on the town I like to go back to a peaceful Zen hotel . I cannot wait to go back the the Mandarin Oriental. Housekeeping cleans the rooms twice a day, I think most hotels have stopped evening turn down service. Thank you Mandarin for a wonderful stay at your hotel !!

1 Thank Debb1
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed for 7 nights at this property as part of our honeymoon. We absolutely LOVED it here.

The room was gorgeous. Spacious with the comfiest bed ever. I wish I could have taken it home. The bathroom was just beautiful! Spacious and the vanity area was nice and big- plenty of room for all my junk! I can't begin to describe the maid service except to say that some mornings I tidied up before she arrived as I felt so guilty. They service was the best I've ever experienced.

The pool was lovely. It got quite busy but never felt as if it was overrun with people. The staff were very welcoming and always happy to chat. The spa and reception staff were professional and polished.

The location fo this hotel is great as well. WHilst it doesn't have its own casino (which is actually a good thing as it means the hotel is quiet- a bit of peace from the rush of Vegas) it is only a few minutes walk to other hotels where gambling is available. It is also a stone's throw from a great Mall and other smaller shops such as CVS pharmacy.

I wouldn't stay anywhere else now in Vegas to be truthful. I can't think of one reason as to why any other hotel shuodl be considered. Everythign was perfect.

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms here are exceptional
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Yeah, this is probably one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. I went through a discount air service and booked hotel and air 4 nights 3 days. We went in June and avg temps were between 100 and 110 F, it was nice. Typically I don't use a lot of amenities in Vegas hotels because they nickel and dime you for everything. Here is my consolidated report:

Check in- smooth no lines, no hassle, excellent service. The lobby is very calm and not busy likely due to the fact there is no casino.

Pool- Not sure what the rest of the year is like, but the pool wasn't busy at all, you can get a chair anytime between 8 and noon and probably fairly easy throughout the day. Pool is nothing to write home about but it is outdoors and I don't think many who actually go to a pool in vegas spend much time in the water.

Workout area- Commercial treadmills and bikes. Some fancy cable machines and dumbells up to I think 80lbs if I remember correctly. Free water and shower and sauna area. They have a spa that looked relaxing and some classes for yoga and personal trainers, I did not partake. I suppose you could also get up early and run outside, probably not recommended. I ran the stairs a few times which is a wicked workout. Was going to walk to Fremont mid aft but girlfriend only made it to the Stratosphere before she shut it down, won 50 bucks there at blackjack so it worked out. Decisison wasn't popular.

Location- Good I guess, not sure what a good location is, depends where you like to go I guess. Mandarin is next to Aria.

Internet- Is Free. Last time I went to Vegas I think Caesar's was charging 25 bucks a day. Like I said there is no nickel and dining going on here.

Travel to airport- Shuttle 15 bucks leaves every 20 min. PRetty convenient. Pick up is just as easy.

Restaurants- Believe there were two. Only ate at the cafe, food was good.

Service- Probably the best service I have ever had at a hotel. Maid, service and counter service were top-notch.

All in all you won't be disappointed. Great stay great hotel.

7 Thank Stimpson