“High Tea @ The Mandarin Oriental-FABULOUS”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Worth, Texas
“High Tea @ The Mandarin Oriental-FABULOUS”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I read an article on JustLuxe.com some time ago that listed the number of hotels in Las Vegas that offered High Tea. On a recent trip out I decided to give one of the hotels a try. I selected the Tea Lounge at the Mandarin Oriental. ABSOLUTELY the RIGHT CHOICE. I made my reservation on OpenTable.com and requested that I be seated in front of the large picture window overlooking Las Vegas Boulevard. I was having high tea alone so I wasn't quite sure they would accommodate my request. Well, let me tell you, a few minutes after my appointed time I was lead by the hostess to a perfect spot in front of the large picture window. Did I mention that the Tea Lounge is on the 23rd floor of the Mandarin Oriental with a SPECTACULAR view of Las Vegas Boulevard with the mountains in the background. The tea, Jasmine Earl Grey, was WONDERFUL and the assorted little sandwiches and pastries were DELICIOUS. The staff was gracious, attentive and friendly. If you LOVE High Tea or even if you don't I highly recommend the Tea Lounge at the Mandarin Oriental. If nothing else you will LOVE the view. It really is quite COOL.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank CoLor349

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,217)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Las Vegas is, simply stated, the best hotel in Las Vegas. Convenient, elegant, beautiful, quiet, great restaurants (Twist for top drawer dinine; the poolside cafe for a great informal breakfast or dinner). Great bar. Awesome, courteous and helpful staff. Great pool and cabanas. If you want to gamble, Aira is a short walk. Luxury shopping next door. If you want the strip, it's right there. It's also close to the airport. We will be coming back, over and over!

1 Thank Randall W
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

By far the most beautiful hotel with the best service, amenities, rooms, spa, and property I've ever experienced. We felt like royalty here. And their food was delicious, everything we tried we had twice! Highly recommend everyone stay here at least once. The property is tucked away behind Aria an I not easily accessible to pedestrian traffic, therefore has a very exclusive, private feel. Also no casino here, it's very tranquil. The spa is fantastic, services were top notch.

Treat yourself and stay here!!!

2 Thank Heather W
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Mandarin Oriental is by far our favorite hotel in Las Vegas. The service is impeccable and the location is perfect. We stayed last August 2012 to legally tie the knot before our wedding (and I can't believe that I forgot to write a review until now!). Upon check in, they asked why were in town and we told them that it was to get married. At one point during our stay, we came back to our room to find a pastry and card offering a congratulations (it made our day!). Even though we arrived at 9 am, they were accommodating and had our room ready before 11 am. The property is gorgeous and the rooms very well appointed (my favorite feature: the valet closet). The pool is quiet and secluded...a wonderful place to relax and catch some sun. We had great experiences at the pool bar and tea lounge in the lobby. A huge plus is the lack of a casino and smoking in this hotel. It is so nice to come back to a quiet, smoke free place after a day or evening out and about in Las Vegas. The location is ideal: "mid strip" and adjacent to Crystals shopping area. Although it can be a bit pricey, it is totally worth every penny to stay here. This is an incredible place to stay and we look forward to returning again and again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Milly6020
Arizona
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The hotel is located on the strip in the CityCenter, but because there is no casino on premises it’s very quiet. The décor and atmosphere promote complete relaxation after a day (or night) on the Strip. The rooms are huge and we had a great view, there is a bar on 23rd floor with panoramic view of the city as well, the cocktails are super tasty and the entire hotel staff exceptionally professional and accommodating. I’ve been to Vegas many times and this is the first time I wished I could’ve stayed one more day (we were there for 3 days). Definitely going back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bzibzia
New York
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We can't imagine staying anywhere else!! We are truly spoiled by the Mandarin. The poolside staff is INCREDIBLE!!! Special thanks to Angela, Alexis and Danielle for taking such good care of us. We were celebrating our 3rd anniversary and they went above and beyond. The slushy's they gave out around the pool was a nice touch....yummy!!!! Kudos to them and Michael! The doormen were warm to you on the way in, and the way out. They went out of their way to assist you in any way they could. I felt like they were our friends by the end of the week. We LOVED our strip view room!!!! I was skeptical last year about Mandarin not having a casino....now I wouldn't have it any other way! See you next year!!!

2 Thank Linus815
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel deserves the 5 stars. Everything is as it should be - and no wonder - they have the brains and civility to fend-off the usual Vegas nonsense while being in the middle of it all. From check-in in their beautifully furnished suites to the peace and quiet afforded to their guests and residents. This place is lovely in a city that can really toss you around; if this is your first trip to Las Vegas there is no place better than MOLV, you could be anywhere; close the curtains and Vegas disappears. No sunlight to wake you up, or thumping techno music to annoy you, just quiet, lovely, friendly service with a genuine smile: the employees seem to really take pride in the hotel and their reputation. Why on earth I ever stayed anywhere else I'll have to check my head. I want quiet - and that's exactly what I get here - it's just perfect. Need something, pick up the phone and it's there.

Some may say it's expensive and I'd reply you get what you pay for: why pay 20% less just to stay at some place with a beach club and an annoying voice that tells you how great all of the things are, when the owner sadly can't see what's going on and doesn't have proper assistance to maintain his property the way he intended? I think you know what property I'm speaking about.

Back to MOLV: they say it's Zen-like and I couldn't agree more. In our suite they've thought of nearly everything, though the dining table is far too big for the room: two guests don't need eight chairs and a long table, I'd rather have seen that made into an office or some other creative use of space. That would be my only change to the room.

Unlike most Vegas hotels the furniture is comfortable, tasteful, the Control4 system makes it just like home, and it's great to have a fully stocked full-size fridge. They didn't cut corners here in any respect that I can see. Everything is snap snap, quiet and just next to perfect. Why stay at a casino - it's a casino first and a hotel second - this is a Hotel, they know how to treat guests and have a beautiful property. I'm exceptionally impressed, but it's the MO, of course I'm impressed! Stay here and you will have a great time, you can gamble at casinos within a five minute walk. Don't be a sucker and go for some has been casino that's more interested in Macau than in Las Vegas.

Beds could use a pillow-top or featherbed, a little too hard but everything else is just right.

Room Tip: Face the Strip. Spend the extra money for a better room, it makes all the difference. Gamble a littl...