“Hands down the BEST hotel in Las Vegas”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Hands down the BEST hotel in Las Vegas”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been to ALL the hotels in Las Vegas: from the Excalibur to the MGM and even Encore. The best BEST experience I have ever had was at the Mandarin Oriental. If you are looking to gamble and splurge your money at the casinos and clubs, the Mandarin is not the place to go. If you are looking for a customized and personal experience that trumps even makes the Ritz Carlton look bad, then I'd recommend this hotel. From the moment I pulled my car into valet, the employees were so kind and professional. The sky lobby of the hotel is beautiful and the receptionists were so patient and cheerful throughout the check in process. When I walked into the room, I was dumbfounded, in a good way. The rooms were so clean and all the amenities were top notch. They use RFID key cards for their entry doors (the newest technology) and everything in the room was controlled by a single PDA. I can go on and on how amazing this hotel is but I'd spend hours writing. Trust my word for it, the is THE best place to stay in Vegas. Prepared to be pampered.

Room Tip: Any room is great. You really cant go wrong as all rooms have great views of the strip.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Don D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,216)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Manchester
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here for the last 4 days of our vegas trip after Hooters and Rio.
What an amazing place, check in is on floor 23 and then you get a different set of lifts 'down' to your room. We had a standard room and had a partial view of the pool area and south strip towards Monte Carlo/MGM. The room was superb, Shanghai Tang toiletries, great selection of teas in the room which you could make in the glass kettle, freestanding bath with glass walls so you can look out into the room (with a sliding wall if you want privacy), and a small flatscreen mirror tv in the bathroom, separate shower cubicle too.
Bedroom had a large flatscreen tv and you could control all the electrics from a gizmo next to the bed. Wardrobe had a built in safe with electric sockets so you can charge phones etc plus the valet closet which we used for getting our newspapers but is a great idea for dropping off your dry cleaning without being disturbed as the hotel staff access it from a panel next to your front door.
Pool area is very nice and they even have a pot of sunscreen for you to use plus bottles of chilled
water. Well equipped gym with bottled water and fruit plus free classes, we did yoga twice and pilates during our stay. Also free coffee in the mornings outside MOzen bistro.
I've mentioned free a lot but there is a resort fee which is at the top end of the scale but we thought it was good value for what we got.
What else did we like, MOzen bistro had really good food with a wide variety of fusion cuisine, cupcake for my missus on her birthday delivered to the room, was so good we had to go and get another one in the coffee lounge the next day, bar had spectacular views of Vegas.
Grumbles, service was spot on apart from one of the staff at MOzen who made a mistake over a cupcake of all things but she denied that there was an issue, it was a really small issue but we were surprised at the attitude given the service ethic they have. She seemed to avoid us after that. We also didn't get the room serviced after the first night and had to ask for it to be done when we came back, they mentioned the do not disturb light but it definitely wasn't on. Was done quickly once we'd asked. All minor grumbles really and didn't impact our stay and experience overall.
Will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tap6699
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Every aspect of this hotel was perfect - the quiet rooms, the service, the beds, lighting in the room, the curtains, the audio/video, the food, the bar, the check-in, the valet. Over-the top in terms of comfort and service. Will stay again, and again.

Most impressive for a Vegas hotel - dead silence at night in the room.

Prime location in between the Monte Carlo and Aria - and no casino, which means none of that Vegas check in "experience."

Room Tip: I had the most basic, 6th floor room and it was fantastic; I can't imagine any room in this hote...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bradley A
Wilson, Wyoming
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The Mandarin Las Vegas lives up to the incredibly high bars of the other Mandarin properties around the world. It provides an oasis from the insanity and bustle of Las Vegas. It's serene and almost zen-like in its comforting atmosphere. We stayed in a strip view suite, with spectacular views up and down the strip, with the constantly changing light shows. Bed and linens were extremely comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and well appointed. Someone met us in the ground level lobby and took us directly to our room, where all registration and paper work was completed. The spa, workout facility and pool are huge and absolutely first rate. Attendants around the pool kept us hydrated with ice water, frozen grapes and the like. Service throughout our stay was professional and immediate. We used the concierge for shuttles, show, dinner reservations and she was superb. We can't imagine returning to Vegas without staying at the Mandarin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My strip-view room was surprisingly small compared to my regular favorite hotel in Vegas - the Signature Grand. But the bed was the MOST comfortable I've ever used. At first, I thought the bed was TOO soft. But somehow it supports you quite well. Anyway, love. Each room also has electronic controls to automatically turn on/off the TV and curtains. At first, I thought it was gimmicky. But by the 4th day I really enjoyed being able to wake up to the TV and drawn back curtains. It's a lot nicer than waking up to a telephone ring or beeping alarm.

I really liked that the put an electric kettle in the room with tea, but they did not stock enough splenda sweetener or english breakfast tea. They do offer complimentary coffee on the 3rd floor from like 6 am to 8 am, but the coffee at the Four Seasons is much better. They also have a turn-down service where you get free bottled water. And one night they put a flower petal on the bathtub. The bathtub, by the way, is a little too deep. The jacuzzi tub at the Signature Grand is nicer.

I was NOT a fan of the super Asian artwork in the room. There was a big picture of an Oriental shirt(?) in our room - so weird. I liked the layout of the bathroom a lot. I liked the desk a lot, but not the little round table near the seating area.

I also liked the closet/dressing area right by the entryway.

Spa: I was lucky enough to get an accidentally complimentary access to the spa for my entire stay. Some of the staff didn't seem to want to honor it at first, but perhaps only because they were not accustomed to it. The spa is nice, but not worth $50/day. The experiential shower is silly. Basically you press buttons and you can choose to be soaked with cold water! Hello any ol' person can do that at home! I only really liked the steam room in the spa.

Pool: Really nice pool service. I like that their chaises seem brand new - so much nicer than the Bellagio's pool furniture. The two pools are just lap pools, but good enough to cool you down.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KimtasticSpaz
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just returned from a three night stay in a CityScape Suite. When we first arrived, we were immediately whisked away to an "upgraded room" which was the Strip View Suite. Yes, it was an upgrade in terms of price because of the strip view, however it was a much smaller room with a dark bathroom that was tucked away down a narrow hallway. I specifically booked the CityScape Suite for the larger square footage and bright airy bathroom. So....we moved from the upgrade to the room we originally booked. I think the staff were a bit put off, but I was savvy enough to study the room categories in order to know exactly what I wanted.

Also, it may sound frivolous but I wanted the "bean shaped" deep soaking tub that is displayed in many of the website pictures in front of large floor to ceiling windows. The Strip View Suite does NOT have this type of tub. The tub in that room was basic, but jetted I believe and was tucked away in the corner of the bathroom with no view out except through frosted glass. Incidentally, we also toured a Dynasty Suite, and the bathroom there does not have the deep soaking tub or views to the outside either.

We loved the CityScape Suite. It is over 1,000 square feet and each of these room types are located on the corners of each floor. Therefore, there are floor to ceiling windows on all walls in the room. The bathroom was very spacious, bright and airy with the bean shaped deep soaking tub right next to a huge window wall. It was absolutely lovely!

Even though we were not in an "upgraded" strip view room, we still had views of the strip! Our main view was of Aria and the pool area, but we had a full window wall that faced out toward Planet Hollywood and north. I believe the CityScape Suite is the best value relative to price point, view and overall space and design.

The bed was incredibly comfortable. Housekeeping and turn down service was discreet and impeccable. Every employee was friendly and called us by name. The service here is the epitome of luxury.

We spent a lot of time at the pool. It took some getting used to at first because it's a fairly small, intimate area. However, we quickly fell in love with the setting and the fact that it is so uniquely personal. The lounges were cushioned and comfy. The service was present but not intrusive. The music was quiet and new age/spa-like in the morning and then discreetly changed to a more hip ambient vibe and a little louder in the afternoon. Again, it was hardly discernible but it's another example of the attention to detail at this elegant hotel.

Spent an afternoon at the spa which was beautiful, quiet and relaxing. I had the Detoxify foot treatment. It was one of the best overall treatments that I've ever experienced and we have visited many great spas in Vegas, including Encore and Bellagio.

As other reviews have noted, it's an amazing experience to return to the peaceful MO after being consumed by the hustle and bustle that is the rest of Vegas.

We will not hesitate to return!

Room Tip: The CityScape rooms have a view of the strip depending on the type of room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank sunandmartinis
manchester
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Just had 3 nights at tha mandarin and it was fantastic, great strip view room with plenty of space and gadgets galore, pool area was bliss away from the hustle and bustle, staff were excellent, we tried to book a short trip to red rock but tour operaters website said it was unavailable for when we wanted, asked the concierge and he got us in no problem.
Well done and thanks to everyone involved

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple