“First Class, all the way”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Glendale, California
“First Class, all the way”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I have been to just about every major Hotel in Vegas, and the Mandarin Oriental was one that we just experienced for a Valentines Day weekend. The service is impeccable with lots of attention to detail. One of our favorite features is the Valet closet, that allows room service to bring you whatever you like without having to enter your room. Way cool, why haven't other hotels figured this one out. The rooms are very modern and the digital features ate state of the art. About the only thing that was a bit off was the size of the sink - It's more like dog bowl, than an actual sink. Everything else was spectacular. The Bar on the top floor has amazing views, make reservations, so you can be seated near the windows. The Spa is amazing (expensive, but worth it). If you have time in the afternoon, do the tea upstairs - also great. Looking forward to getting back.

Room Tip: If you can get the corner suites, do it - the views are fantastic.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,222)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I went to this fabulous piece of calm in Vegas for his birthday. I beat him there and had a chance to explore the hotel on my own first. It's in the City Center but weirdly secluded and peaceful. The lobby is awesome with an elevator to the main check in on the 23rd floor (if i'm not mistaken). The Elevator has spa-trance music playing with a couch...come on. Who has a couch in an elevator?! This is fantastic for any stiletto wearing woman ;) Impressive. The check-in was fast. My room was not yet ready at 10:30a.m. so I headed to the MOzen Bistro which obliged me with sushi and a mimosa even though it was still breakfast on west-coast time. DELISH! Perfect. And everyone was so very sweet. Within an hour I received a call on my phone from the lobby to tell me my room was ready. They had already delivered my luggage so I didn't have to worry about that and went straight to the room. Walking down the hallway I noticed the gorgeous carpeting and super cool glowy door bells...it's the little things ya' know? Upon entrance in to my lovely new abode I remember my mouth dropping and me saying out loud "SHUT. UP." All by myself. I opened the door and magically the lights dimmed ever so slightly, spa music started playing and the curtains automatically opened. This was magic. Especially in crazy Vegas. I'm pretty sure I FORGOT I was in Vegas at this point. The room had fabulous closet/drawer space. The bathroom had a large luxurious bathtub and a double sink (much appreciated), not to mention the tv that magically pops up in the mirror if you want it to. The shower was beautiful as well. Everything was just so shiny and smelled so good! Ladies they had a flat iron, and hair dryer so don't bother bringing yours! The bed was SO yummy and soft--slept like a baby. The cool part was this touch screen pad thing that controlled EVERYTHING: Temp, music, curtains, lighting, tv, mood, etc. Redonk.
After being so impressed with the room it only got better. That same day I went and booked a massage at the spa. The Spa itself was very private and beautiful all the same. I'm used to going to Qua at Caesar's which is GREAT. This Spa was tiny but the massages were fabulous all the same. Can't complain. It was a great way to relax.
Later on when my husband arrived we hit up the HUGE lobby bar with THE best view of the strip EVER. No kidding . This was my 5th trip here (my hubby's 17th trip) and I have NEVER seen a view like this. The cocktails were on point and unique. Loved every minute of being at this bar. All the other hotels in City Center are conveniently connected by walkways so this hotel was a great starting point to get to the newer spots but I didn't mind walking the entire strip. The other little secret is that they have a House Car (Mercedes no less) that can take you one way to a destination within 5 miles or so. Even the driver was sooo zen and the spa music continued to play IN THE CAR. No kidding.
Overall I can never stay at another Vegas hotel again...it would take a lot. This place was peaceful, quiet, No casinos or smoke and pure luxury. Trendy but not snobby and everyone was so sweet as well as helpful. If you want to party but come back to a chill spot this is the hotel for you. I'm spoiled for life now!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This has to be the best hotel in Las Vegas. Right from the minute you book the Hotel they are taking care of you. There is no casino to walk through, no smoke in the lobby.
We were thrilled with our stay. The position was perfect in the middle of all the action , easy walking distance to most places but an absolute joy to come home to our sophisticated, tranquil, elegant hotel. No slot machines, a mass of bustling people and endless bars. This is the place to stay for peace and quiet. Rooms are amazing, Beautiful decor and well appointed bathroom- I was especially excited to discover the powerful hair dryer and hair straightner. The bed and bedding was the best I have slept in and if it wasn't Las Vegas, I could have been tempted to stay there all day! The pool area offers a great relaxing place to cool off with bottled water provided by the ever watchful staff.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bottle2
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our booking was last minute online (equals savings)and with trepidation as we hadn't experienced the sheer number of hotels on offer in Las Vegas! If you want somewhere to drop at the end of busy day (be it morning or night) to guarantee a wonderful night's sleep, then this is perfect. The fact there is no casino and therefore no smoke was instant appeal to us. The room was amazing and with the curtains automatically opening on entering to show the Strip at its best, it is quite the place to put your feet up. Beautiful decor and well appointed bathroom- I was especially excited to discover the powerful hair dryer and hair straightner. The bed and bedding was the best I have slept in and if it wasn't Las Vegas, I could have been tempted to stay there all day! The pool area offers a great relaxing place to cool off with bottled water provided by the ever watchful staff. It was hard to believe the buzz of LV was just below us it was so peaceful.
We are not gamblers but enjoy watching the excitement around a table and let's face it, there are casinos at every turn so the Manadarin is well situated for a quick toss of the dice. It is part of the CityCentre complex and wonderfully close to the beautiful Aria. The monorail will contect you to the Bellagio to see the shows and beautiful fountains display (if you dont want to walk) and to the other end of the strip.
The staff are very polite and helpful with arranging shows and sight seeing and don't rush with anyone, no matter how long it takes.
All up, it was wonderful and would highly recommend this hotel; especially if you are looking to experience the excitement of this city and have a place to truly rest after- there lies the conundrum!

Room Tip: Ask for a Strip side room (standard is great) so you can enjoy the night lights of the city.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth D
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Gosh what a hard decision to choose the right hotel when staying in Las Vegas. You ask anyone who has been and everyone has a different name and reason for their best hotel. So although I liked the reviews I had read on Trip advisor you can never be quite sure it's going to be right until you are there....
well I have to say I was thrilled with my choice. The position was perfect in the middle of all the action , easy walking distance to most places but an absolute joy to come home to our sophisticated, tranquil, elegant hotel. No slot machines, a mass of bustling people and endless bars. It's great to go and be a part of all that but I don't want it 24,7. Admittedly I was travelling with my 10 year old but even if I hadn't I would have wanted to be here. I very nearly went for the Encore and so glad I didn't as it appears to be so far away from anything.
We had a corner suite which was wonderful. Full glass wall wrapping around the corner. Lying in bed in the morning with the sun rising was marvellous.
My only criticism was the breakfast, maybe I'm just impatient, but it took ages to get your food so don't go hungry!
We spent four fantastic days trying to cram everything in we had so much fun.
The best show we saw was the Blue Man show which was marvellous but you must get tickets near the front for the full effect.
So I would highly recommend the hotel, they spoilt us rotten as it was our joint Birthday, Megan in the concierge had planned our itinerary and it all ran so smoothly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lucy F
Cambridge
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were really looking forward to our stay at the Mandarin and it didn't disappoint. Rooms were large, very well decorated. Have no complaints at all- would be very happy stay there again. Good location.

Tea lounge was a wonderful experience- if a little expensive.

Our TV didnt work when we first got into the room, but it was fixed quickly and efficiently.

Room Tip: We had a high strip view (to the South- i.e towards the Luxor) room which was great. I was kind of e...
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental over President's Day weekend and had a wonderful time. We decided to upgrade to a suite upon check in and our room was fantastic!! I love the calm, sophisticated decor and the service was excellent. We are not huge gamblers, but do like to spend a little time in the casino, so I was not sure about the hotel not having a casino. It actually turned out great. Aria was a very short walk away and we were able to get away from the hustle, bustle and big crowds. It was so nice to walk into a quiet place after being around all the lights, sounds, crowds of Vegas. We would definetly stay again.

2 Thank mlgtexas