“LAS VEGAS BABY!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Zug, Switzerland
“LAS VEGAS BABY!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Vegas for 3 nights. It was our first time to Vegas and this hotel was just perfect! The hotel didn't have a casino which was great as there are casino's on everywhere. The staff were brilliant especially the concierge. The bar on the 23rd floor was also very good. Views overlooking the 'strip'. The food was also quite good there. We had a premier room which was huge and spotlessly clean. The room also looked out onto the strip. We have no complaints about this hotel and would highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Reception is on the 23rd Floor...!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I spent three nights at the Mandarin Oriental and had a wonderful stay. My husband is Las Vegas averse and I knew that staying at one of the big hotels with a casino was not the way to go for him. The Mandarin is sophisticated and peaceful - service was superb from the doormen and valet to the housekeeping services - a perfect choice for us. We escaped the city during the days to bike in Red Rock Canyon and around Lake Mead and took advantage of the entertainment and restaurants in town at night. Could not recommend the hotel more.

new zealand
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was our first trip to Las Vegas and we where travelling with our teenage children so i wanted to stay somewhere that didn't have gambling machines and second hand smoke.This hotels service was impeccable the strip rooms where quiet and beautiful.Stayed four nights but this wasn't long enough cant wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank NewZealandMichelle
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The Mandarin Oriental is one of a handful of hotels on the strip where you won't find incessant noise from slot machines and second hand smoke in the lobby (which wafts through the hotel into your room).

I loved the free yoga classes, relaxing at the serene pool to nothing but the sound of wind chimes, Twist by Pierre Gaugaine, and of course afternoon tea at the bar.

This hotel is pretty much brand new and it looks that way. Not for the technologically challenged -- everything in the room is electronically managed from a remote, including the blinds, the maid, and the mood music.

We had a fabulous view of the strip and black out curtains to make it feel like home. I'll be back here.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Katina H
West Columbia, Texas
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to Las Vegas and I wanted to stay in the nicest hotel there. This is certainly it. The bed was plush and the food and service were sensational!! There was no smoking and no gambling so it was peaceful. This is the greatest hotel we have ever stayed in. We are spoiled. It was push button everything from your remote control. I had accidently left my iPhone and wedding ring on the bathroom counter and they were still there later that evening with a sparkling room. There is not one thing negative about this hotel. We probably can't afford staying at this hotel in any other city because the prices online were out of our league so I'm glad we could afford this one., being the slow economy in Las Vegas. The only good things about Las Vegas is the beautiful mountains and the Mandarin Oriental. We don't gamble or smoke so this was a dream hotel to stay in "sin city". We were there to experience Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon.

• Stayed January 2013
texas, usa
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed for a business trip. Had a strip view room on 20th floor. Room was clean, comfortable. Location is good ( not great ) since you have to walk about 15 minutes to get to most of the attractions on mid strip section. This hotel is located toward south strip. Having said that is a great hotel otherwise. Haven't tried any of the resturants or the Spa. Easy 10 minute walk via sky bridge to the Cosmopolitan. Was attending a conference in Cosmopolitan. Cosmo seems like a good hotel also. Cosmo definitely has more to do in terms of shopping, resturants etc. Cosmo is lot bigger than Mandarin. Mandarin has no second hand cigaratte smoking, Cosmo does. However cosmo is not bad either. Mandarin definitely has a GREAT- FAST service. House keeping twice a day. Whole room can be controlled by touch pad controls. Would definitely recommend this hotel.
4 star since had to walk more than I would prefer to reach area attractions. Also have to take 2 different elevators to reach the room ( annoying). Plus have to swipe your room keys on the pad on elevator for it to take it to your selected floor.

Room Tip: In general higher the floor the better it is with any hotel in Vegas. Get good walking shoes since l...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed for the weekend to celebrate my birthday. I had called to ask if I could get a room with a view of the strip. Not only did they give me a view but a full upgrade. I went out for dinner and came back to find a beautiful cupcake sitting on the table when I got back. Every time we checked something at the desk I got a, "Happy birthday." The service here is impeccable. Housekeeping (which I never saw) came in when we would go out for dinner and folded my clothes, lined up my shoes and placed water bottles on our nightstands. The rooms are gorgeous as is the rest of the hotel. Love the fresh flowers everywhere. The beds are so comfy and the bathroom like a spa. They even put rose petals on the bathtub in case we wanted to take a bath. We loved the remote-controlled curtains and lights. So nice to get away from the craziness of the strip at this quiet, posh hotel. Unlike the other hotels, it's not full of smoke from the casinos and the madness of the crowds. My husband has stayed at the Bellagio, Mandalay Bay and MGM, but when he walked into this hotel he says he was floored by the service and elegance of the hotel. They even called the house car for us to take us to the airport. Never did I feel it was snooty or that I had to dress or look a certain way (mu husband loves to wear sweats). If you were staying here, they treated you like royalty. The bar is also very nice and the snacks and beverages are good. Location was convenient and we could walk to many of the attractions and restaurants. If I ever come to Vegas again, this is where I'll stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the strip and let them know if you are celebrating a special occasion.
1 Thank telemommy