“I'm in Love”

GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“I'm in Love”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This review is long over due because much like a wonderful summer love memory it pangs me to think that it will be awhile before I return. The service was impeccable. The breakfasts only got better with each morning and on our last day we discovered the most amazing yogurt while eating breakfast in our cabana of which i am still dreaming about. No stay, or relationship should I say, is without faults but it is how those issues are adressed and resolved that result in faithfulness as a consumer. Nothing was too much trouble and the workers were the most patient I have ever found which includes stays at other upper end hoteliers such as the Ritz and the Waldorf. There was an anniversary gift upon our arrival, camomile tea delivered to our room upon the staffs suggestion when I wasn't feeling well after extensive hiking in the GC and then arriving in the LV heat of August. Even when I requested to see the original room I had booked, and had been upgraded from, a charming professional young women escorted me and engaged in pleasant conversation along the way. Each evening we went out the front desk happily, not out of obligation, took photos for us. The valet always had our vehicle ready and generously offered chilled water and any directions we might require. By the end of our stay I felt like I was at home and not just a visitor. I can not imagine ever staying any where else. The Mandarin Oriental is a major reason why I now love Las Vegas. Thanks for giving my husband and I a trip of a lifetime!

Room Tip: City view captured the essence of the strip. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pab34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,218)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love Mandarins so I entered this one from the dust and sleaze of Las Vegas with high hopes. The hotel delivered - our room was extremely well appointed (as all Mandarin rooms always are) and, save for the view of Las Vegas, gave the impression of being somewhere altogether more serene. We ate dinner in the "bistro" which was a slightly strange mix of Asian cuisines - it is possible to have Indian, Thai and Chinese all in one meal - but the dinner was good and the food reasonably priced. On the day we left we spent much of the day by the pool, which is pleasant given the Strip location. The hotel is cheap by Mandarin standards and expensive by Vegas standards, I imagine that if one gets tucked into the drinks by the pool or over dinner then the cost could escalate rapidly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Wife and I were at this hotel for a 2 night saty, Nov 2012,, As you might expect from a MO hotel, the rates are not the cheapest, but the service, from doorman to check in staff to wait staff at restaurants all are excellent.

THere is no casino here, but you have Aria and Monte Carlo just steps away We had a strip view king. Loved the very spacious room and bathroom (with TV in the mirror too). 2 times a day cleaning, free wifi (via their resort fee), and free newspapers, and free access to workout facility. THe --lobby -- is on the 23rd floor, and a great bar that overlooks the strop. The --Gold-- Martini wonderful (per wife remarks).

Again, a great non gaming spot, in a big gaming city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kctraveler99
Pasadena, California
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel is located in the new City Center on the Strip.
Although it does not have a casino, it is in walking distance to all of them, plus there is a tram for Bellagio, Vdara, Aria.

The hotel is new, so the rooms are in perfect shape. Plus the design is very cool.

If you want a 5 star hotel, but do not want to walk 5-10 minutes from the reception to your room, this is a perfect place to go.

The pool on the 8th floor is very impressive, but the sky lobby on the 23rd when you enter from the elevator is just shocking.

Try it, worth it.

Room Tip: Strip view of course is funny
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for my husbands 40th and it didn't disappoint! The hotel is quiet and elegant! It is so refreshing to return to after a day/night on the strip! The staff were fantastic and could not do enough to help! I have to mention Juan and Kristy in the Mozen bistro who were so friendly and made our fantastic breakfasts that little bit more enjoyable each day! Also the doorman Casey who always made an extra effort to speak to us. Thank you Mandarin Oriental for such a fantastic stay!

We travelled as a family with children of 12 and 8 and so if you have any questions you want to ask about the hotel or about places we visited please message me, as I think we fitted in just about everything into our trip!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MrsDopey
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Not a typical Vegas strip hotel. It's like you're in another world. There's no casino, so it is smaller, quiet, not smoky & understatedly elegant. Calming atmosphere. Our room had floor to ceiling windows providing an outstanding view of the Strip. This is a 5 Star hotel (not to be confused with a 5 Diamond hotel). The staff is excellent-they cannot do enough for you. There are 2 infinity lap-style swimming pools and about 3 hot tubs. The fitness center has updated equipment. Spa is gorgeous. I felt like I was at a retreat. Restaurants were excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Beautiful, clean, modern hotel in the heart of Las Vegas (yet one street removed from the strip so you can escape if needed) with friendly and welcoming staff. We got a great deal through an online special and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Top marks all round.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple