“Best Hotel in Las Vegas”

Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas
Ranked #3 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We recently were married in Las Vegas and chose to stay at Mandarin Oriental based on other tripadvisor reviews. The hotel did not disappoint. The service exceeded our expectations at every moment. We booked a cityscape suite under the suite temptations deal and were upgraded to a strip view suite at check-in as an unsolicited congratulations on our pending marriage. The view from our 9th floor suite was stellar - we could see from MGM all the way down to Paris.

My husband was less than thrilled to spend $70 for breakfast at MoZen Bistro, however, the suite temptations package included a $48 credit for breakfast, making the amazingly wonderful meals well within our budget. Try the yogurt parfait with yogurt made on site, it is amazing. We also splurged and ordered room service one night. The Indian Discovery and Kobe Beef Burger were excellent. We ordered ahead of time and requested dinner at 5:30 pm so that we could make our 7:00 pm show. Promptly at 4:29, our dinner arrived, still warm.

The pool was quiet and the service at the pool cafe was wonderful. I cannot say enough about how spectacular the hotel is, including the efficiency, helpfulness and friendliness of the doormen. If you're going to splurge on a hotel in Vegas, do it here. It's well worth the money.

1  Thank Sonja H

Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Vegas and stayed at the MO with another couple for three nights for a quick getaway in July. I absolutely loved this hotel. The fact that it is a non gaming hotel was actually a refreshing reprive from the other maga gaming establishments. Here are some of the reason why:

Location: You just can't beat it for this reason. Although It sits at the entrance to City Center, the hotel entrance itself is somewhat obscure; which is a good thing; It keeps the MO that much more private. You are right next door to the Monte Carlo, CVS, Aria and the walkway to Crystals. Easy walk and/or tram ride in either direction to Mandalay Bay on one end and Ceasars in the other direction.

Room: We had a standard room and it was absolutely goergous and spacious. The bed was one of the best I have ever slept in; extremely comfortable and had delicious linens. The bathroom was huge with a large shower and deep soaking tup; large vanity and tv in mirror. Plenty of closet and drawer space and a large full length mirror. I also appreciated the personal valet. Called housekeeping late one night for extra towels and they were placed in the valet within minutes. Nice Touch. Since it is an Asian chain there is not a coffee maker in the room but a nice teapot with a great selection of teas. Had an excellant, complimentary cup of coffee everday in the morning next to the little cafe outside of the Mozen Bistro.

Fitness Center: Used the fitness center twice and it was a nice size with a wide range of Technogym equipment and tv's on all cardio machines. Chilled towels, bottled water and fresh fruit were always available. Though I did not take advantage of this, they also offered yoga, pilates and various other exercise classes.

Spa: OMG, if you are a spa junkie like me, do not miss this. You are greeted with a traditional bow when entering this chic two floor facilty. Upon check in you are given OKA b flip flops (my fav), a luxurious, plush robe and herbal tea. Make sure you arrive an hour early to take advantage of the hydrotherapy area and vitality pool. Everything in this facility is top notch from the immaculate lockers to the sleek decor and expert technicians. I had a Time Reversal Facial ($260.00) that used New Face technology; best facial ever for me. My friend had the Hammam scrub ($150.00) which is done on a marble massage table; she still talking about how wonderful it was. They do have weekday and weekend prices for most of there treatments. It is pricey, but a nice indulgence and clearly the best spa experience for me. A nice spa store as well.

Pool: This was one of my favorite amenities at this hotel. You are greeted at the entrance of the pool area and escorted to the chaise lounge chairs of your choise. You are set up with not one but two beach towels on thick cushion loungers and given a food and drink menu. From this point forward you will want for nothing. The sevice at the pool area was so exceptional. The servers was very attentive without being overbearing, so friendly without being intrusive and always professional. You have to love a hotel that offers complimentary chilled bottle water, mini smoothies, frozen grapes and fruit skewers in 90 degree plus temperatures. We ordered food for lunch from the pool cafe and ate at the cafe as well and although the menu was on the small side, the food was very good. The pool area was the perfect size (not too big not too small) and perfect atmosphere (nice mix of guests) for me. The cabanas looked really nice and well appointed.

Mandarin Bar: Make a point to stop and have a cocktail here at least once during your stay. Outstanding views, great vibe but still intimate enough to actually have a conversation, expensive but worth the experience.

Service: It doen't get any better than this. From the doormen, check-in, housekeeping, every employee at every level was so curtious, so accomodating and so professional. Kudos to the MO; you train your employees well and it shows.

I have stayed at many five star hotels but this was my first stay at a Mandarin Oriental but will surely not be my last; I am definitly now a "fan".

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OnvacaO3
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had a business meeting here recently for 14 people. While the rooms were just fine, they had a water problem the last night that was supposed to last only 2 hours (12 midnight to 2 am). When I awoke at 4:30 to shower and catch my plane, we still had no water.

I specifically instructed that our VIP get a better room (and paid the difference). But they gave one of our Director-level associates his room instead, and gave our President a regular room with a view of the parking lot. Nice politics there eh?

Beware of the fine print in the banquet contracts. While they charge you $24 per day for a package that includes a paper, internet, access to the health club, and morning coffee, they charge you for coffee in your meeting room as well! They quote $85 per gallon for coffee, and then charge you for the entire 6 gallons they brewed for your room, regardless of how much you drank! That's almost $600 (with service fees) each day for coffee that I already paid for within the package is is available for free on the 3rd floor to anyone walking through the hotel. I had alomst all tea drinkers from the UK, so we might have drank 3 cups of coffee all day, but they would not reduce the charges.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank michaelsean63
Mandarin O, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for valuable feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review of Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas.

I am disheartened to hear about the miscommunication about the billing for your group and about the rooming assignment for you VIP guest. However, I am delighted that we were able to further discuss your concerns and reach a resolution.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provided us with your feedback and we do hope to welcome you and your guests back to Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas.

Clifford W. Atkinson

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I like Vegas as much as the next visitor, but I also like having the option of stepping away when I need a bit of calm and civility. The Mandarin is literally and figuratively above the chaos of the Strip despite its prime location on it. The Mandarin, to me, provides a perfect balance. You are within an easy walk of just about anything on the Strip, but when you tire of the noise and crowds, the Mandarin’s gentle and peaceful embrace awaits you. There’s no casino here. The prices at the bar and restaurants are high enough to keep crowds down, but reasonable enough to allow for some splurging. The room rates, for me, were better than Wynn or Bellagio, and the whole atmosphere is serene, from the lobby to the pool. I have stayed at a lot of high-end properties in Vegas, and I really liked the Wynn (which incidentally has bigger standard rooms), but I don’t think I’ll ever try another hotel on the Strip. The Mandarin was nearly perfect for me.

Room Tip: I'm not much for views, and paying less to overlook the Monte Carlo and mountains did not bother...
1  Thank Veblen
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We just came back from 3 nights at the Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas - what a wonderful stay! The room was one of the nicest I've stayed in (we had a standard room on the 6th floor). The bed was so comfortable, and the bathroom was truly decadent. We also appreciated the large walk-in closet, complete with safe, and a special compartment for deliveries from the valet service. The staff couldn't do enough.....twice daily maid service and excellent advice and assistance from the concierge. We really enjoyed the gym facilities - the yoga class was in a beautiful room, and the instructor was excellent! The door-men were happy to provide directions to spots both on and off the strip (my husband and I like to walk long distances), and one special fellow - Moses - even provided us with a special treat on departure - a complimentary limousine ride to the airport in their town car! It was a fabulous stay - with perfect service!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Amazing hotel, the room was awesome. A quiet corner in the heart of the busy and noisy strip, the Yoga class was very good as well. We got a free upgrade to a "Strip View" room because there was a mistake and our reservation was made to a two beds room. I'll defiantly recommend this hotel to everyone who's going to Vegas. The staff are friendly, very professional and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nufar Y Y
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Wow! On arrival the lobby is located on the 23rd floor and as you walk out the lift are greeted by vast windows overlooking the strip. There is a different lift to take you to your room as the lobby lift only stops at 3 floors. We were graded to a city view room on the 19th floor. Once again wow. As you walk through the door the first time the curtains begin to open and calm music is playing, what a view right over the strip, with fantastic sunrises every morning over the mountains in the distance.
Fantastic location and great for walking to all of the main hotels to the north and south of the strip. The Bellagio, Mirage, Ceasars Palace, Paris, Venetian and Palazzo are all to the North of you within five to ten minutes walk. New York new York, MGM Grand, Monte Carlo, Luxor and Mandalay Bay are to the south of you, again most of these within five to ten minutes walk of you.
Directly across the road are various fast food outlets and a huge Walgreens. Linked to the hotel is the Crystals shopping mall with Gucci, Prada and Tiffany & Co to name a few names in this mall.
There is no casino within this hotel which we found was a good thing and made coming back from the madness of Vegas like walking in to a tranquil, luxurious oasis.
The pool area is located on the 8th floor, not the biggest area on the strip, but again peaceful ambient music is played and a great escape from the hustle and bustle. The sunbeds are very comfortable, pool towels huge and Cabanas available if required. The pool attendants come round approx every half hour with a mixture of flavoured ice slush to frozen flavoured ice balls and iced water. There is a pool bar and cafe, but we did not eat here.
If you are looking for a great location on the strip, but offers understated luxury and peacefulness then I cannot rate this hotel highly enough, I will return.
It was my birthday during my stay, which was acknowledged on check in and with a bottle of champagne on the day.