“Probably inarguably...This is the best bang for your buck in Vegas”

We can't find prices for this hotel
El Cortez Cabana Suites
Ranked #109 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
honolulu
Reviewed November 2, 2007

This is as budget hotel as it comes in las veags. Simple amenities, bed, area to hang your clothes, drawers to put other clothes in, simple bathroom. They only supplied us with soap and towels. Windows cannot open so had to use the air conditioner to keep the room cool a/c was noisy.

hollow tile building, 24 hour security guard at the entrance to the building. old slow elevator.

need to book this place through the el cortez as I guess the overflow customers go here. very popular because the prices are very low here, got $50 a night for fri/sat and $30 for sunday, cheapest that I could find for that weekend (right before SEMA convention).

There seemed to be a lot of budget travellers here, safety wasn't an issue in the hotel itself.

as with the el cortez, this place is a little out of the way from the downtown fremont street experience but if I couldn't find cheap rates I would stay here again.

• Liked — cheap price, simple hotel
  • Disliked — no amenities, not much to go to at night, loud a/c
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank hawaiitravellerinsf
los angeles
Reviewed August 16, 2007

My experience at the ogden house wasn't bad at all. I didn't feel endangered at all. Honestly, it is just a place to rest your head. I am fairly young and I was on a budget, so it worked for me. If you are looking to be pampered, visit the Bellagio. This place is clean, simple, and cheap.

Stayed October 2006
4 Thank imavegasluvr
Scranton ,Pa
Reviewed April 4, 2007

This was a great hotel . It was quiet and the location is even kind of quiet with not too many cars and their noise. It is across the street from the El Cortez which is also owned by Jackie Gaughan; the chinese buffet is pretty good. The bus stopped not too far from the hotel even after midnight when I arrived. It only cost my $1.25 from the McCarran. I was really happy all the way around with the trip , it was my 6th trip to Vegas. I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone ! Gambling is only a walk across the street to the El Cortez.

• Liked — The price and the buffet at their other hotel
  • Disliked — I had never been there before and I arrived late by bus so it was a little scary walking 2 blocks.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo