“Awesome Artist at the Dolphin gift shop”

Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat
Book In Advance
More Info
$22.00*
and up
Siegfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin...
Ranked #111 of 467 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: A recreated tropical setting for bottlenose dolphins, the attraction's four pools are made up of 2.5 Million gallons of water and an artificial reef.
Reviewed May 20, 2015

We enjoyed the dolphins and other animals but cages are typical zoo size. But it was worth every penny because we met a wonderful artist in the gift shop. Young Hee Kim is from Seoul, Korea where she studied art. She has an area in the dolphin gift shop where she does letter art. We were able to sit and watch her turn our last name into a beautiful picture. It fit a standard size frame from Micheals craft store and now we have a one of a kind piece of art! It cost about $40.

3  Thank Karen S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,312)
All reviews
in 31 reviews
"trainers"
in 509 reviews

Reviewed May 20, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I had free tickets for this attraction that came with booking our room at The Mirage.

They had several dolphin exhibits where you got to see the Dolphins interacting with the trainers above water and there was a spot to view them swimming under water. It was neat to see the Dolphins actively being trained. They performed several tricks. The trainers were there to answer any questions you may have about the Dolphins.

There is a gift shop there with a few interactive learning tools.

We really enjoyed looking at the lions, tigers, and leopards. I felt like we were closer to the animals than at other zoos. I heard the lions roar at people a few times.

Keep an eye on the Tigers because they do try to squirt on people! Happened to us when we had our backs turned to them trying to do a selfie lol

We saw a tiger playing with a large ball - very cute

We were a bit disappointed there were no Cubs at the time we were there. They apparently rotate the animals.

It's good fun for anyone. It will keep you occupied a couple of hours.

2  Thank rock80sgrl
Reviewed May 20, 2015

During our recent visit my wife and I decided to visit Sigfried & Roy's Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage... We found it to be a bit small, but it was worth the visit. The habitat was clean and well maintained the animals were all active and appeared very well cared for. Even with the steady stream of visitors we did not feel crowded... I recommend a visit...

1  Thank RNoel11
Reviewed May 19, 2015

I was surprised by my visit to the Dolphin Habitat/Secret Garden. The Mirage hotel is clean, beautifully decorated and well-managed. I assumed their animal exhibits would be the same. I was not remotely impressed by my visit.

Despite the cheap-ish (by Vegas standards) admission price, I would still advise against going. The animals themselves are magnificent and beautiful, however, their habitats were depressing. They have huge mammals caged up in small spaces with not much to entertain them. Instead of marveling at the beautiful white tigers and black leopards, I was forced to focus on how sad I was for them.

I am not one of those people who is anti-zoos. I've been to several zoos that I loved. It is just impossible for me to enjoy looking at animals when their living situations are in desperate need of updates and renovations. With all of the money the hotel makes, I am disappointed that they do not put more effort into giving these animals better living situations.

The dolphin exhibit was a little better than the Secret Garden, but not much. The dolphins were trying to break through the cages the whole time. It was unlike the nice/healthy exhibits I've seen elsewhere. I would definitely never return or recommend this habitat to anyone.

1  Thank Jane B