“Terrible Service!!!”

Cupid's Wedding Chapel
Ranked #42 of 277 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I chose to be married at Cupid's because it was one of the very few places that offered a Johnny Cash impersonator to do the wedding for us. I did my research and read all of the reviews so I didn't set the bar very high as far as what I was expecting. Though the day for us was amazing, it would have been hard to ruin. After all, I married my best friend. It's tough to ruin that. The lady at the front desk was very nice and had all of our paperwork ready for us when we got there, the photographer was also fun to work with. I have to admit it was better than what I thought, until we got to the actual ceremony part. We had thought Johnny Cash was going to perform the ceremony, and were both disappointed to discover that wasn't the case. Johnny walked me and and did a fantastic job, the minister gave us a short and sweet ceremony, which is what we wanted, and it was over. We knew that we would only get 15 photos included with what we had already paid, but if we liked any additional photos (out of the over 200 he took), they wanted us to pay FORTY DOLLARS PER PHOTO!!!! I think that is absolutely ridiculous!! Not to mention the fifty dollar mandatory gratuity we didn't find out about until we were there, for the minister and for the photographer. The minister was involved for less than ten minutes in the entire process of things, so I feel quite... ripped off. The photographer took the time to go through all of the photos with us and of course there were lots that we loved... he offered to burn us a cd for THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS, in addition to the over FOUR HUNDRED we paid for the ceremony itself. IN ADDITION TO THE ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS in gratuities. We spent quite a bit of money there over all, and I don't feel like I got what I paid for. When my husband and I got home from our Vegas vacation we were excited to go over all of the photos with our friends and families. Unfortunately when we popped in the CD and sat down with everyone to look, we were looking at photos of the wrong couple from two days prior to our wedding. Needless to say, we are very upset. We called the chapel and the lady at the front desk sounded very upset for us, and transferred us to another woman who was in charge of photography. She was very short, unapologetic, and made us feel like we were putting her out by asking for our pictures that we had already paid for. She was also very rude when we asked when we could expect the cd to arrive by mail. We will be posting another review after we receive our cd. I don't recommend anyone go to this place, purely because we both feel it is very misleading. If you're going to wind up spending so much money, go to a better chapel where everything is put together and the people are much more helpful. Again, Johnny Cash was wonderful and the photographer was fun.. .but the service is not worth the money.

7  Thank Jules R

Reviewed August 8, 2012

we had an apt, showed up, we werent on the list!! elvis was awesome... thats it!! luckily they still married us! then we ordered pictures!! we got married feb 2011 and here we r in aug 2012... we have not yet re ieved our pictures!!!! i called them, the lady was rude, i gave her the info to figure out who we were, told me if she could call me back so i said no, i can hold!!! then she asked to call back in ten mins and its been 1 week!! m callin back tomorrow!!! tjis place is a joke!!! i would go elsewhere!!! cheaper s so noy better.... shoulda known!!

4  Thank nancy k
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I chose to get married in Vegas by a Johhny Cash impersonator. I found Cupids and did my due diligence checking into them before I booked. I read a ton of reviews, both good and bad, and felt I wasn't walking into this blindly so I called and booked. I dealt with Yvonne over the phone and email who was super nice and accommodating to answer all my questions via phone and email. When I got to the chapel I was given my choice of flowers (which I thought Yvonne said during my planning stages I could keep but they took them back at the end of the ceremony...oh well.). The photographer was nice but a little grabby. He would grab at my hand to pose me but I am a go with the flow person and thought he knows best for how the pictures should look. The minister was very nice and pleasant but my favorite was Johnny Cash. He was AMAZING!!! He was so fun and entertaining!!! He took our nerves away and Made it the light-hearted, simple yet special ceremony we wanted. He hung around with us for a bit before and after the ceremony and was a delight to have as a part of our day. Then came the part most people complained about in the reviews I read .....gratuity and photo prices. The mandatory gratuity is something that I find a bit off putting. My package was $379 and I needed $150 for "gratuity"($50 for photographer, $50 for minister and $50 for limo driver). I think it would service them best to raise the price of the package and make gratuity an option instead of mandatory. As for the photos, the photographer took 200+ pictures and we had 20 ceremony pictures (from the time you walk down the aisle to the time you walk back up the aisle as husband and wife) to choose as a part of our package and anything else was $40 PER PHOTO!!! Yes PER PHOTO!!! If you wanted ALL the pictures it was $375.

Overall, Johnny Cash made the wedding and if you pick him you will NOT be disappointed but I recommend you read the reviews and go in with an open mind and just think any other wedding on the strip is going to cost you a minimum of $750. For alot less than that much at Cupids you get a whole lot more than you would anywhere else. I am glad I went with Cupids for my ceremony and would do it all again if given the choice.

1  Thank April07showers
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We re-newed our vows here, the staff couldn't have been more friendly and efficient- service was fantastic, and we left feeling very happy

1  Thank tinker69Uk
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Starting to plan a wedding in Vegas is about as easy as it gets, especially when you are planning from several states away. Granted there are well over 200 wedding chapels to choose from. We started out by reseaching the internet for our perfect place. After narrowing down several options, we started making calls to a few of our optional wedding chapels that we had picked out. Cupid's Wedding Chapel not only gave us several options but helped to plan our perfect day right down to every detail needed. We customized everything we wanted and needed right down to the tux & gown rental (which they had hundreds to choose from), flowers, photographer, minister, witnesses, license etc..... It was pretty much an "all-inclusive" wedding where all we needed to do was show up and that is exactly what we were looking for. Everything went as planned right down to the dollar amount quoted to us. There were not any hidden fees and everything went off without a hitch. Our wedding was live on the internet for our family to watch from home and also recorded on a DVD to take home along with 150 wedding pictures on a CD. We would definitely recommend Cupid's Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas to anyone. Paul & Tracy Oster ----Ipswich, SD

2  Thank tlpenfield