“ridiculous service!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Destin, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“ridiculous service!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

we had an apt, showed up, we werent on the list!! elvis was awesome... thats it!! luckily they still married us! then we ordered pictures!! we got married feb 2011 and here we r in aug 2012... we have not yet re ieved our pictures!!!! i called them, the lady was rude, i gave her the info to figure out who we were, told me if she could call me back so i said no, i can hold!!! then she asked to call back in ten mins and its been 1 week!! m callin back tomorrow!!! tjis place is a joke!!! i would go elsewhere!!! cheaper s so noy better.... shoulda known!!

Visited September 2011
4 Thank nancy k

• Polish first
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A great place to get married in Vegas if you know what you're getting.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

I chose to get married in Vegas by a Johhny Cash impersonator. I found Cupids and did my due diligence checking into them before I booked. I read a ton of reviews, both good and bad, and felt I wasn't walking into this blindly so I called and booked. I dealt with Yvonne over the phone and email who was super nice and accommodating to answer all my questions via phone and email. When I got to the chapel I was given my choice of flowers (which I thought Yvonne said during my planning stages I could keep but they took them back at the end of the ceremony...oh well.). The photographer was nice but a little grabby. He would grab at my hand to pose me but I am a go with the flow person and thought he knows best for how the pictures should look. The minister was very nice and pleasant but my favorite was Johnny Cash. He was AMAZING!!! He was so fun and entertaining!!! He took our nerves away and Made it the light-hearted, simple yet special ceremony we wanted. He hung around with us for a bit before and after the ceremony and was a delight to have as a part of our day. Then came the part most people complained about in the reviews I read .....gratuity and photo prices. The mandatory gratuity is something that I find a bit off putting. My package was $379 and I needed $150 for "gratuity"($50 for photographer, $50 for minister and $50 for limo driver). I think it would service them best to raise the price of the package and make gratuity an option instead of mandatory. As for the photos, the photographer took 200+ pictures and we had 20 ceremony pictures (from the time you walk down the aisle to the time you walk back up the aisle as husband and wife) to choose as a part of our package and anything else was $40 PER PHOTO!!! Yes PER PHOTO!!! If you wanted ALL the pictures it was $375.

Overall, Johnny Cash made the wedding and if you pick him you will NOT be disappointed but I recommend you read the reviews and go in with an open mind and just think any other wedding on the strip is going to cost you a minimum of $750. For alot less than that much at Cupids you get a whole lot more than you would anywhere else. I am glad I went with Cupids for my ceremony and would do it all again if given the choice.

1 Thank April07showers
UK
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Fantastic :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We re-newed our vows here, the staff couldn't have been more friendly and efficient- service was fantastic, and we left feeling very happy

Visited May 2012
1 Thank tinker69Uk
Ipswich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Our Wedding was Wonderful & Non-Stressful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Starting to plan a wedding in Vegas is about as easy as it gets, especially when you are planning from several states away. Granted there are well over 200 wedding chapels to choose from. We started out by reseaching the internet for our perfect place. After narrowing down several options, we started making calls to a few of our optional wedding chapels that we had picked out. Cupid's Wedding Chapel not only gave us several options but helped to plan our perfect day right down to every detail needed. We customized everything we wanted and needed right down to the tux & gown rental (which they had hundreds to choose from), flowers, photographer, minister, witnesses, license etc..... It was pretty much an "all-inclusive" wedding where all we needed to do was show up and that is exactly what we were looking for. Everything went as planned right down to the dollar amount quoted to us. There were not any hidden fees and everything went off without a hitch. Our wedding was live on the internet for our family to watch from home and also recorded on a DVD to take home along with 150 wedding pictures on a CD. We would definitely recommend Cupid's Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas to anyone. Paul & Tracy Oster ----Ipswich, SD

Visited March 2012
2 Thank tlpenfield
Grand Blanc, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Elvis was fantastic - customer service is horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I went to Las Vegas for our eleventh anniversary. The whole trip was a surprise for her, but she really wasn't expecting a wedding renewal ceremony, especially one that included Elvis.

The good:
Elvis was awesome. He made the actual ceremony absolutely perfect. He gets five stars. We really enjoyed ourselves with him. It was everything I imagined it would be.

The bad:
You're required to give the wedding photographer a minimum $50 "gratuity". This was not disclosed until after I had already booked the ceremony. Simply including a fee for the photographer in the package price would be far more professional. The same minimum $50 "gratuity" is required if you use a regular minister (not Elvis). I normally tip at least 20%, and usually more when service is outstanding, but I just cannot stomach someone telling me a minimum amount I need to tip when I have no idea how good the service is going to be. Either charge me your fee up front, or let me tip whatever I feel is appropriate.

The photographer took a ton of photos before, during, and after the ceremony. We thought that was great, but afterwards noticed that the quality of the "professional" photos was mediocre at best. They did their editing and color correction in Google Picassa, not Photoshop. My wife is a wedding photographer, so this really annoyed us. A certain number of photos are included in each wedding package; ours included fifteen. But, you can only use photos from the actual ceremony (bride walking down the aisle until couple exits the chapel) for the included photos. The fact that only certain photos were allowed to be included in our package was not disclosed until we actually sat down to pick the photos we wanted. The photos taken before and after the ceremony all need to be purchased separately, and the prices are ridiculous for the quality you're getting. The price is $40 per image (unless you pay several hundred for all of them), and they will not give you raw images - they only give you the low quality jpegs that they've already done a very bad job of editing and color correction on.

The wedding video DVD they gave us was actually a blank disc with nothing on it. This was probably an honest mistake, but it has been a few weeks and they still haven't mailed us a copy of our DVD as promised.

The place is in a pretty crappy part of Las Vegas. The only reason I'm mentioning this is that we were running late for dinner reservations on the night of our ceremony and had a limousine waiting, so we decided to come back the next day to look at our photos. We took a taxi there, looked at our photos, and asked if they could call us a taxi for our return trip. "No. Just walk up to the pawn shop and you'll probably find one there." That was really classy. We wound up walking all the way to the Stratosphere hotel (a pretty long hike in the heat) because no taxis would stop.

Edit - more than two months have gone by and still no DVD. I've emailed multiple times to an address I know is good (they responded all the time when before they actually got my money), and still no response. I've changed my review to one star because of their complete lack of professionalism.

Edit #2 - Six months have gone by and I still have not received a response regarding our missing wedding DVD. I've called. I've emailed. I wrote an actual letter... you know, paper and stamps. I even built a fire and sent smoke signals. I should mention that I've been very courteous in all of my correspondence with them (is it actually correspondence if it's only flowing from me to them?). Anyway, NO RESPONSE. Ever. Well, I have gotten some communication from them. "Kathy" sent an email offering to sell me my wedding portraits for "$150 + tax" before they are "purged" from their system. She didn't mention my missing wedding DVD and didn't respond when I replied to her email address. Very professional!

Visited August 2011