“Elvis was fantastic - customer service is horrible”

Cupid's Wedding Chapel
Ranked #44 of 282 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
Reviewed February 23, 2012

My wife and I went to Las Vegas for our eleventh anniversary. The whole trip was a surprise for her, but she really wasn't expecting a wedding renewal ceremony, especially one that included Elvis.

The good:
Elvis was awesome. He made the actual ceremony absolutely perfect. He gets five stars. We really enjoyed ourselves with him. It was everything I imagined it would be.

The bad:
You're required to give the wedding photographer a minimum $50 "gratuity". This was not disclosed until after I had already booked the ceremony. Simply including a fee for the photographer in the package price would be far more professional. The same minimum $50 "gratuity" is required if you use a regular minister (not Elvis). I normally tip at least 20%, and usually more when service is outstanding, but I just cannot stomach someone telling me a minimum amount I need to tip when I have no idea how good the service is going to be. Either charge me your fee up front, or let me tip whatever I feel is appropriate.

The photographer took a ton of photos before, during, and after the ceremony. We thought that was great, but afterwards noticed that the quality of the "professional" photos was mediocre at best. They did their editing and color correction in Google Picassa, not Photoshop. My wife is a wedding photographer, so this really annoyed us. A certain number of photos are included in each wedding package; ours included fifteen. But, you can only use photos from the actual ceremony (bride walking down the aisle until couple exits the chapel) for the included photos. The fact that only certain photos were allowed to be included in our package was not disclosed until we actually sat down to pick the photos we wanted. The photos taken before and after the ceremony all need to be purchased separately, and the prices are ridiculous for the quality you're getting. The price is $40 per image (unless you pay several hundred for all of them), and they will not give you raw images - they only give you the low quality jpegs that they've already done a very bad job of editing and color correction on.

The wedding video DVD they gave us was actually a blank disc with nothing on it. This was probably an honest mistake, but it has been a few weeks and they still haven't mailed us a copy of our DVD as promised.

The place is in a pretty crappy part of Las Vegas. The only reason I'm mentioning this is that we were running late for dinner reservations on the night of our ceremony and had a limousine waiting, so we decided to come back the next day to look at our photos. We took a taxi there, looked at our photos, and asked if they could call us a taxi for our return trip. "No. Just walk up to the pawn shop and you'll probably find one there." That was really classy. We wound up walking all the way to the Stratosphere hotel (a pretty long hike in the heat) because no taxis would stop.

Edit - more than two months have gone by and still no DVD. I've emailed multiple times to an address I know is good (they responded all the time when before they actually got my money), and still no response. I've changed my review to one star because of their complete lack of professionalism.

Edit #2 - Six months have gone by and I still have not received a response regarding our missing wedding DVD. I've called. I've emailed. I wrote an actual letter... you know, paper and stamps. I even built a fire and sent smoke signals. I should mention that I've been very courteous in all of my correspondence with them (is it actually correspondence if it's only flowing from me to them?). Anyway, NO RESPONSE. Ever. Well, I have gotten some communication from them. "Kathy" sent an email offering to sell me my wedding portraits for "$150 + tax" before they are "purged" from their system. She didn't mention my missing wedding DVD and didn't respond when I replied to her email address. Very professional!

9  Thank DanielLamb

Reviewed November 30, 2011

My wife and I wanted to renew our vows while in town, and Cupid's worked out great! Cute chapel, great service, awesome photographer, and quick appointments.
We got our proofs online within 3 business days, and got a quote for extra prints the same day. No one gave us the run around.
Love this place. Would do it again and again.
Yvonne is the best!
Thanks guys, you made our Vegas trip a trip to remember!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

DO NOT GO THERE. AWFUL STAFF, THE WORST place you can choose. Paid for a package with digital photos and 5 print-outs. After calling and calling and calling for 3 months, we finally got our digital photos and were promised to receive our print-outs in the mail in 2-3 weeks. To get out digital pics, we had to prove that we are not crazy and actually got married there, nobody seemed to have any records of us being there. Some employees were extremely rude and repeatedly hung up on us. It has been 7 months now, still no sign of print-outs. Now we are being told that our package did not include any pictures. That is funny: apparently "we did not want any memories of our wedding"!

2  Thank summergirlz
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I couldnt be happier with how our commitment ceremony turned out! We planned our special day for almost a year, with constant communication and feedback from Yvonne. She was always willing to answer questions and offer suggestions. She was wonderful! Being from out of state we were a bit nervous that everything would go as planned but it went smoothly! The entire staff was accomodating and gracious. Mark, the photographer, was just wonderful. He had everyone laughing and smiling within minutes of our arrival. He spoke with me alone before beginnng and calmed my frayed nerves with some very kind words. I cant say enough about him! Next is Jeff, the minister. I loved everything he had to say during the ceremony. Very thoughtful and touching words. Also, with being a commitment ceremony, I was worried about fumbled or akward wording but there was none. I am so pleased and happy, I would HIGHLY recommend anyone interested in having their day here at Cupids.

2  Thank ambersue1983
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Like most of the people say here...the photographer was fantastic. I am not one who smiles much....yeah....I know....even on MY wedding day, but he did get a few shots of me smiling. The zillion of phone calls made to verify everything were met with professionalism and patience. We did ask for email verificiation as well and did not get it. We got a limo from the hotel to the chapel and back...THAT was a nightmare. (see my review on ACE Limo) The Officiant looked like he really didn't want to be there. I would chalk it up to just a bad day. We got ALL the photos and a copy of our ceremony on CD. From reading some of the postings, it sounded like they spent millions on pictures, but we spent $250 on 149 photos on disk. You tip the priest, photographer and the limo driver from NASCAR and it truly was not that expensive. All in all a nice experience.

1  Thank manabout2wn

Been to Cupid's Wedding Chapel? Share your experiences!