“11 Pm the next day”

Wee Kirk O' the Heather Wedding Chapel
Ranked #10 of 275 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 1940 and known for the friendly nature of its owners, the "Little Chapel of the Lucky Flowers" is the city's oldest continuously operating wedding chapel.
NM
Reviewed November 5, 2004

After asking Sara to be my wife. 24 Hours and 50 bucks later there we were in beautiful Las Vegas. We searched and searched for the right chapel and this was definitely the right one. We found it about 10:15PM and made an appointment for 11:00Pm only we were in jeans a tee shirts. Well a drive all the way to our hotel near Ballys to get ready seemed impossible. So we hopped in the car and spead away anyway. We were right on track at 15 till when I decited to take a "short cut" After getting stuck behind some jerk who wouldnt move from the valet line at the Imperial Palace I stepped out of the car and knocked on his window and told him politely he would have to move his car. Being in a tux he thought I worked there. SUCKER!!!! Five minutes later there we were right on time. It was wonderful. We stepped out of the car and people were honking and taking pictues! Once we got in the attendant (super nice guy) explained what what we had to do. I had to wear her ring on my pinky and she had to wear mine on her thumb, which we had already done. Then I sat nerviously at the alter and then she came in. WOW!!! How wonderful it all was. The video we got was wonderful. After the ceremony they played "At Last" be Etta James. We paused to kiss and the music faded. After that we started to slow dance so they cranked it back up and let us finnish the song. We will never forget that night for the rest of our lives.
Thank you Wee Kirk !!!!!!!!!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Wee Kirk O' the Heather Wedding Chapel

Reviewed September 18, 2004

I liked everything but the photographer...we bought a package that came with many pics being taken and then we selected six for the price we paid...i just wanted a couple pictures taken and to pay and leave as we had several people ready to go and had dinner reservations...the photographer kept insisting we take more pics and those really goofy ones where you have to pose a certain way...he also made rude remarks when i told him we had enough pics..then we had to wait and wait to go through all of them (even though we'd already selected the ones we wanted) which made us late for dinner...they really stress being on time,etc. and then we had to wait and wait...if i had it to do again..i'd skip this place or really make certain how much time they want from you...

5  Thank bklynhoosier
albuquerque, nm
Reviewed April 25, 2004

I was married there in 1983 and it was great then. I would do it all over again there.. :)

Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed December 20, 2003

I was married here on April 14, 2002. The ceremony lasted a total of 3 minutes, but it was one of the best experiences of my life. The reverend was kind of 'flashy' and reminded me of a game show host. He had this little remote control that would control the ceremony music.
And my bouquet was terrible, red fake polyester flowers. I was sure that my 89$ would include those-- but no. I realized that I didn't need those flowers because getting married here was the only thing that my husband and I needed. The simplicity of being in love and wanting to be married. There are no strings attached here-- you don't need to worry about anything. Nothing else matters at this chapel, but love.

Arizona
Reviewed November 23, 2003

We were planning a large wedding , and decited to drive to Los Vegas instead. After calling around we found the the Cheapest, and the only one not booked. We dressed rushed there and it was over in less time then it took them to talk us into a orchid bouquet, photos, and several other extras. Ok, it was exciting , fun cheap, fast and the fake cake we took a picture by said it all, BUT it has lasted 37 years and we still talk about it . You get what you pay for , and you get out what you want. We wanted to be married and go through life trying to enjoying each other. In 37 years we've stayed in leaky tents, Hotels in other counties that were a laugh, many interesting things to talk about. You want toget Married??? and in Vegas??? My advice be flexable, don't make to many demands and enjoy the wild ride. It can be a GOOD THING WERE EVER IT'S DONE !!!