“Beautiful upgrade to Penthouse Suite!”
Review of Paris Las Vegas

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #59 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minne-snow-ta
“Beautiful upgrade to Penthouse Suite!”
Reviewed July 26, 2007

My husband and I had a promotional free offer to stay comped at a Harrah's property of our choice in Las Vegas. We had already planned to stay at the Bellagio but decided to take advantage of the free night stay at the Paris due to a late evening flight.
We checked in at the lobby around midnight, and were told that the free standard rooms were all booked and were given a free upgrade to a penthouse suite!
The room was amazing; a huge dining area and sitting area, bar with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. 2 separate bathrooms; one with a jacuzzi and even a bidet! We were on the 33rd floor with a view of the strip overlooking the Flamingo.
We were sad to leave and move into our smaller standard room at the Bellagio; although here we had an incredible view of the dancing fountains.
I would definitely return to the Paris hotel. We love the Village Breakfast Buffet (go early, it opens at 7 and there is usually not a long line until after about 8:30 a.m. Excellent crepes, made to order omelettes, eggs, carved ham, fresh fruits, etc!)
We also enjoyed a late night meal at the 24 hour cafe at Paris; the french onion soup was incredible with a ton of mozzarella cheese on top.
Feel free to ask any questions you might have!

• Liked — location and beautiful room
  • Stayed July 2007
9 Thank Starz331

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,622)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Newton, New Jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2007

Traffic to the hotel was HORRIBLE, but after 45 minutes or so I finally made it to the hotel valet parking. I accidentally forgot my wallet in the car and the attendant was nice enough to go down to the car and retrieve it for me.

I didn’t try the $20 “bribe,” but I did ask nicely for a room with a halfway decent view. Since I was getting two free nights I didn’t know how accommodating they’d be. The front desk upgraded me to the best room they could without charging me a fee. I ended up on the 14th floor with a view of the pool and a partial view of Caesars. Not great, but far better than a view of the rooftop venting system.

The furniture was a little banged up and one of the armoire doors wouldn’t stay closed, but all in all the room was in fairly good shape. The bathroom was large and had a separate stall shower. I didn’t notice the overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke that many have complained about.

Pool: It’s not luxurious by Vegas standards but it is a relaxing way to spend part of your day. In July the sun doesn’t begin reaching the pool area until 9:30-10:00 AM and is fully bathed in the hot Vegas sun by 1:00 PM. This allows you to sit in the shade if that’s what you desire because there aren’t many shade options around the pool. The pool is octagonal in shape and isn’t more than four-feet deep in any one place, but that didn’t seem to deter the sun worshipers from splashing about. Cabana, villa and rafts are available to rent for the day. I typically like to get down to the pool early and leave by noon, and therefore I didn’t find it to be very crowded during that time period. Saving a chair, which is a necessity at other “hot-to-trot” Vegas pools, isn’t a requirement at the Paris. One thing that did bother me was the occasional garbage smell that wafted around me from time to time. I’m not sure where it was coming from, but it was very unpleasant when the breeze kicked up.

• Liked — Location on the strip
  • Disliked — Garbage smell at the pool
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank NJdudette
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We stayed 2 nights at Paris Las Vegas at the end of a vacation in the southwest. Our room on the 17th floor was absolutely great with two large windows with different views, a king size bed, several comfortable chairs, and a very large bathroom that included both a shower and a tub. Also, likely because Paris is a smaller hotel, the elevators are very convenient to the registration desk, casino and shops/restaurants. At $139/night (Wednesday and Thursday) the room seemed well worth it.

We had a rental car and parked in the garage and found it was not as long a walk to the hotel as we might have expected. We also valeted the car once which is likely a better option if you don't need to be getting stuff out of car and such (valet and garage parking are both free, although you need to tip the valet).

Our booking came with several coupons for various free and 2-for-1 offers, although we wound up only using the one to go to the top of the Eiffel tower. It has a great view of the strip and all the surrounding areas. Only thing we did wrong was not realize that the Bellagio water show (across the street) would not go off when we went up (the shows started at 3 pm).

We did eat in Mon Ami Gabi for dinner and the cafe for breakfast and found the food and service good in both, although the prices were a bit high--although that was somewhat expected. We were disappointed that the Napoleon bar no longer served hors d'oeuvres as it used to due to a new Nevada law (they allow smoking, so cannot serve food is what we heard), but we still enjoyed the champagne.

The only other negative thing to report was again the price of some things--like $3 for a bottle of soda--but you do expect that type of thing is a tourist area.

Overall, our stay in Paris was quite enjoyable and we'd recommend it.

• Liked — Spacious room with views and furnishings
  • Disliked — Cost of various items, like soft drinks
6 Thank GBMelb
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed July 22, 2007

We stayed in the Paris hotel during our last trip to Vegas. Unfortunately, we'd been spoiled the year before at the Bellagio. The Paris is rundown and in need of renovation! The service in all aspects was pretty poor--very disappointing! Do yourself a huge favor and spend just a little more for a nicer hotel!

• Liked — Uh...location?
  • Disliked — Service!!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon
Reviewed July 21, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Paris from July 8-12, 2007. We had a fabulous time! This was our 2nd trip to Vegas together (last July we stayed at the Aladin - now Planet Hollywood). There really isnt much more you could ask for from a hotel that is priced in the "moderate" price range for Vegas. We loved this hotel! The them is obviously of Paris and you can really feel that everywhere you go in the hotel. It is a smaller casino than others but we really enjoyed that. Everyone seemed very friendly. We played the blackjack tables and met some wonderful people. We arent huge gamblers and Paris still offered Blackjack tables with a $10 minimum which can be hard to find! Some hotels the minimum for blackjack tables is $25/bet!! I didnt find this casino snobby at all like some of the higher end hotels. The lobby is easy to get to as are the elevators to the hotel rooms. Some other hotels are soo large that you can get lost in them and just finding your room can be a challenge! Our room was very clean and quiet. Paris is an awesome location on the strip. Bellagio and Ceasars are just across the street with Bally's on one side and Planet Hollywood on the other. The only restaurant we ate at in the Paris Hotel was the buffet. I actually dont recommend it. Out of all the buffets I have had in Vegas this one was probably the worst (with same prices as the others). I just found there wasnt as much selection for the price you pay. Another note... upon checking in we were offered to "upgrade" our room to a "VIP" package. This included a view of the strip, with access to the VIP room which included continental breakfast every morning and drinks/appetizers every night from 5-8pm. This was all for a cost of $60US. But be aware! This is $60US/per night which we never realized until afterwards. Our view from our room was amazing though. We could watch the Bellagio fountains from the comfort of our room! We could also see the swimming pool as well as a good portion of the strip! The continental breakfast included all types of pastries, cold smoked samon, yogurt, cereal fresh fruit and drinks. The appetizers at night could be an entire supper! Peel and eat shrimp, pasta, sandwiches, skewers with steak and non-alcoholic drinks (drinks with alcohol had a charge). So if you dont mind paying the extra $60/night - this really wasnt that bad of a deal if you make use of both meals! So overall Paris was a wonderful experience for us. I wouldnt be suprised if we stay there again next year when we return to Vegas.

Couple extra Vegas notes: Ride the Double Deus bus. There are a bunch of buses that run up and down the strip. $2/trip or $5 for a 24 hour pass. We didnt wait more than 5 minutes for a bus and it runs all the way to Freemont Street. Also we had an awesome meal at Cheesecake Factory! (in Ceasars Forum shops). If you like pasta and seafood I highly recommend the Shrimp Bistro and if you like steak - the Hibachi steak was awesome! 2 Great meals with a bottle of wine was $65! Not bad for Vegas!!

• Liked — Location!
  • Disliked — buffet
8 Thank sheribo
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
Reviewed July 21, 2007

First of all this was our 8th year visiting Vegas and our first stay at Paris. This review will be lengthy, but hopefully it will help. We stayed at Paris July 7 thru July 13. We didn't have any problems at all. We checked in at 11:00 a.m. and it was very quick and they had a room available at that time. I inquired about an upgrade to a renovated room but everything was sold out due to 7/7/07. They said they would have one available the next day and they would hold for me if I would like. I wanted to check the standard room first as I didn't want to pay an additional $60 nightly if not necessary (even though we only paid $350 for the six nights including tax thru casino marketing). Well, the standard room was fine. It was a little dated, but very clean and well kept. The only bad part of the room were the linens. They were worn, a little torn and one had a little stain on it. We were going to keep the room and just request new linens. However, the next morning I decided to go back and check on the renovated room (as it would have had a view of the pool, Bellagio fountains, etc.). Well, I was pleasantly surprised to be offered an upgrade to a renovated room on the 26th floor (room 2641) at no additional cost (it just didn't offer the front view, it was a view towards Planet Hollywood and the south end of the strip). Yes, there was some construction in view, but there is construction all over the strip so that was not an issue at all. The room was in the corridor where the employee elevators (for room service etc.) are and the housekeeping rooms and I was concerened about the noise from these areas. Absolutely nothing to worry about, it was never a problem. The renovated room was wonderful. The beds (and bedding) are amazing and it was very quiet. I slept better than I have in years any where. The casino is fine and if you really pay attention on your first walk through, you will be able to navigate very easily. It is a little confusing at first. The pool area, is standard in comparison to the Mirage and MGM, but it was very clean, quiet (they played nice music) it wasn't all parisian as it seemed to be inside and there was always ample seating (and not on top of each either, as you find at the Mirage and Treasure Island. We were concerned about the pool area as we like the more tropical feeling in a pool area, but we really ended up enjoying this pool area. The only thing was the sun is blocked by the building until about 9:30. The first sun hits around the bottom of the tower, so you will want to sit over there (between the cafe and the tower leg. However, it was so hot when we were there, it was very comfortable being shaded. So I guess it depends on what you are looking for. The staff was all very friendly. We are not in the Diamond Club and didn't get great comps at the end, but we were never looked down upon as some of the reviews have stated. The restaurants were pricey and we weren't overly impressed with them. They did not have any cheap dining (every once in awhile you want to grab a quick inexpensive bite to eat and this resort did not offer that). We ate at the Buffet for breakfast which was very good and we highly recommend it and we ate there for dinner but did not feel we would eat there for dinner again. If you sign up for the players club you get a coupon book with a $5 off coupon for the buffet...use it for breakfast. We did have room service one evening and the french onion soup was wonderful and the french dip sandwich and fries were very good, the bread was amazing and the service was very good and the table was removed from the hallway by the next morning. We found this resort to be extremely busy and loud with through traffic to Bally's. As it is a themed resort it gets alot of walk through traffic and being connected to Bally's makes it that much worse. We did struggle with that sometimes. It wasn't bad later at night and it was nice to have the inside connection to Bally's at that point. The pro's and con's of the inside connection. We did have our 17 year old son with us this year and I would have to say, if you are bringing any children in their late teens, I would recommend the MGM. I think he would have enjoyed walking around there much more than Paris. As for adult couples, I would recommend Paris. All in all we enjoyed Paris and would definetly stay there again if the price is right. I have to say, we stay at the most decent place that gives us the best offer. Just a little added info on dining. The Top of the World revolving restaurant at the Stratosphere was wonderful. We ate lunch there as they have a dress code for dinner and we didn't want to dress up, plus lunch is obviously less expensive and you have the daytime view of the entire area, instead of just the lights at night (which would be very pretty, too). It was $111 for three of us, but my son and I had the three course chef's choice which included prime rib and an amazing desert and my husband had the four course chef's choice and he had steak and shrimp and a different wondeful desert. It was very good and really not pricey when you deduct $33 from that (as that is what it would cost for three to go up to the observation deck without lunch/dinner). We enjoyed the observation deck inside and out after lunch and feel it is well worth the price of lunch there at least once. Ellis Island is on Koval Street behind Bally's to the right. It is a little local's casino/restaurant and we had steak dinner's for $4.95 and it was very, very good. A tip that was given to us by one of the customers (and she was right) is order your steak a step down from the way you usually eat it, if you like medium, order medium rare and it is done as medium, etc. We heard about Ellis Island on the travel channel and also read reviews online. It truly is good! We will be eating there again when we return in October. Also, when we go to Vegas we generally stay a week and rent a car. We go to Walmart and buy a 12 cup coffee pot for $9 - $10, coffee, filters and dixie to go cups...we spend about $17 and have coffee for the week (we drink multiple cups a day) and it is a huge savings of $ and time from purchasing it in the hotels. We then just dispose of the coffee pot there and don't travel with it. Also, Dollar is the best car rental we have used out there. We now use only Dollar and you can rent it from several locations (no matter where you are staying) and drop off at a different location if you choose at no additional cost. we have never encoutered any type of problem with Dollar.

• Liked — Location, Renovated Room, didn't have to go through casino,shopping to get to pool area
  • Disliked — congestion in walk through area to Bally's and parking garage (which includes some of the restaurants)
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
11 Thank loveislandtime
new jersey
Reviewed July 20, 2007

This review is to ease concerns. My husband and I spent 3 days 2 nights (July 18, 19 & 20, 2007). What a pleasant surprise! I had read
past reviews and was concerned. Yet, I did heed advice and requested a room above the 25th Floor. We requested an upgrade to a room with a Bellagio view and was given one. We stayed in room 2901P. Wow! King
size bed, living and dining area, 2 bathrooms, 2 plasma TVs. We ate at both Le Cafe and Le Village Buffet. The Buffet was better. Service
at the hotel was pleasant. The pool area was adequate. The location of this hotel is great. There is a mall next door, the Bellagio across the street and Ceasar on the right hand side. We would not hesitate to stay at Paris again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — n/a
4 Thank mportes