“Loved the Paris Hotel!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #58 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
ONTARIO
“Loved the Paris Hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2007

My husband and I took our son for a getaway in September 2007. Our son is in a w/c and the Paris Hotel was a great central place for him on the strip. We upgraded to a room with a view of the Strip, and the pool on the 3rd floor below.......it was gorgeous! Especially when it started to get dark and the lights came on and the fountains started their dance!! The room was very spacious, clean and the beds were comfortable! Since we upgraded to a strip view room it was $60/night, but we had access to the Rendevouz Lounge, which we could get in with our pass key. There was continental breakfast which, if you left hungry, that was your fault. Everything from bagels, croissants, yogurt, fresh fruit, smoked salmon, coffee, tea, juice. You could take bottles of water and pop back to your room. Again at 5pm there were appetizers (I guess if you eat late at night, this would hold you off). There was two "hot" entrees, shrimp, cheese, crackers, desserts, and alcoholic beverage as well. It would have cost us alot more to go out to eat. This was more than enough, and we didn't need to stand in line at the buffet to spend money to eat! We were very impressed with this. They always greeted us with "Bonjour". It was a nice little treat to our stay. Our son really needed a vacation. He had just finished his cancer treatments and found out the good news that it was all gone just before we came. We were celebrating. As for the hotel itself, it was very easy for him to get around. The cobblestone was a little bumpy for him, but he could manage. I love walking through the corridor adjoining Paris and Bally's. It is like a street in Paris.
All in all, we certainly will be back to Paris. Just the right size hotel for me. Didn't win anything big, but that would have been a bonus if it happened. We will certainly return!!

• Liked — Wheelchair accessible, great view.
  • Disliked — Never found a fault.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
15 Thank I_LOVE_VACATIONS58

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,891)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2007

Spent a few days at Paris with my sister. Overall, I really enjoyed the hotel and would recommend it to others. We stayed in a remodeled room on the 26th floor which was a little small but still nicely decorated and clean (except for an unopened beer bottle under the nightstand). The area was quiet in the evening with no late night noise. The staff was very nice and we had no problems with anyone being rude. The hotel is centrally located and convenient. That is important when you start walking around!

Paris is nice and the theme is not really overdone. However, it is not as luxurious as Bellagio or Wynn (I have stayed at both). But there is a price difference along with that. The shops are more reasonable at Paris so you can grab some coffee or a snack within a few minutes and be on your way. If you are looking for something more upscale - stay at Bellagio or Wynn. I also recommend those resorts for different reasons.

We spent some time in the casino at Paris and I felt more comfortable in that one than the Wynn, Bellagio or Caesars. Might have something to do with the lower limits on the tables - I am not a big gambler. The dealers were pleasant and professional and it was easy to walk from table to table or the slot machines. The servers are also very good about getting you water or anything else you might want to drink. I never had to look too far for service.

The buffet was just "okay" for the money. However, the cafe was excellent and we played Keno during lunch. Lots of fun. One disappointment was the champagne bar. It was my understanding that it provided "jazz" entertainment but I only saw people singing along with the dueling piano players. I had hoped for a sophisticated spot for drinks but it didn't work out.

We liked that the hotel was connected to Bally's and we ate dinner one night at the Bally's Steakhouse. Excellent dinner but a little "old school" which was fine with us. The Tequila Bar is also a nice spot for happy hour and some light music by Rick Chavez.

Also, we always have dinner at Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse when in Las Vegas. Yes, I realize that they are in other cities but it is good with a nice wine selection.

We saw "O" and it was spectacular. Worth the money and you are completely entertained for two hours. I normally do not like shows but this one is good. We had dinner at "Olives" at Bellagio on the patio overlooking fountain. Excellent food and service. I wouldn't want to sit inside as the tables are very close together.

House of Blues is good for a drink and entertainment. It helps that it is in Mandalay Bay which is a very large and open casino. You can take the monorail from Bally's down to MGM ($5) - walk across the street to the tram (free) that takes you to Mandalay Bay. Taxi ride is around $10.

We also spent time at the Titanic Exhibition at Tropicana. It was fascinating. We then played craps at the Tropicana casino. It was the first time I had played and the dealers were very helpful and patient with us. We actually won! I think that casino gives you a taste of the old Vegas so enjoy it for what it is.

Bottom line is that I think Paris is great for a group or friends. However, I would recommend Wynn or Bellagio for couples.

• Liked — Location and Amenities
  • Disliked — Lack of jazz bar as advertised
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank MB123
Tampa Bay, Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2007

Vacationed July 06 with my girlfriend and another couple. We stayed in a regular room which was both clean and comfortable. Although room did not face the strip, it was still a nice view of a side street and the mountains.

Room service at the hotel was very quick and staff was very friendly and helpful. Casino was clean and had a unique, warm atmosphere. The hotel's location is probably one of it's best advantages because you are directly across the street from the Bellagio and right in the center of the strip which makes for a convenient walk to other casinos.

This was my second stay at Paris and I would highly recommend it to others not only for the location/service, but also it's value and amenities.

• Liked — Location on Las Vegas Strip
  • Disliked — Small room
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kdogg8
ks
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2007

We arrived during NBA All Star Weekend. Airport Check In was great. However, the shuttle service the hotel uses was not very timely. We waited at the airport for 45 minutes waiting on the shuttle that takes you to numerous hotels before dropping you off at Paris and on the return trip we almost missed our flight because they were late. The hotel was not properly staffed for the amount of guests. We waited 30 minutes to get into a restaurant. The restaurant was only ¼ full, again not properly staffed. However the outdoor grill was outstanding. Our room had ripped sheets and towels during the entire stay. The maid made an attempt to clean the room but seldom vacuumed or wiped anything down. Do NOT waste your money on Club Risqué. They charged us $100.00 to enter the club (after waiting in line for 45 minutes). The club was completely empty and everything was roped off. You were ushered into the bar area and were relegated to that area. The restrooms were filthy. I would rather eat off a NY subway floor then use there restrooms. I tried contacting Rocky the club manager, but he never returned any calls. I contacted the front desk about the quality of the room, their reply was what would you like us to do? I will never waste my money there.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank heywoodjablme
Morristown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2007

I decided to stay at the Paris for one night just to check it out, as I usually stay at Caesars.

As soon as I got off the plane I checked in at the Airport, which was super fast and easy. You can check into any Harrah's property there - its in the baggage claim area. I do recommend that you double check your room type as I didn't, as I requested King smoking and received 2 doubles and non-smoking.

The room was nice, but not what I reserved (a month ahead of time nonetheless) and I called the front desk and since it was Saturday they were sold out and didn't have any smoking rooms available. Not that big a deal, so I kept the room.

The room was a decent size, a nice armoire with TV, desk, and a nice view overlooking the Eiffel tower and part of the strip. Bathroom was also OK, average size with a decent shower. I would say on par with a Sheraton or Hilton regular room. Room service was good and fast (under 30 mins). Staff was friendly.

The casino is nice, however not that big compared to say Caesars or Harrah's. It has a nice Parisian feel and layout. I might be a bit biased as I hit a royal flush in the first hour I was at the casino for $2000. This made my trip and I ended up coming back home up, which is great.

Paris has a central location on the strip, so its within walking distance to all the major central strip casinos.

So the bottom line, the Paris rooms are decent, much better than say the Flamingo but not nearly as nice as Caesars.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank bb5555
Beirut, Lebanon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2007

This is Great hotel!!!! Great Location! Great Rooms! Great Casino! Great Food!!!!! This is an excellent hotel!!!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2004
2 Thank l3abboud
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2007

Stayed at Paris for one night in March. Wife and I always wanted to stay here. We are members of the hotels slot club so we frequently get free or discounted offers for hotel.

We checked in early evening on weeknight. We must have timed it right, since their was hardly any line at counter. Hotel staff were very friendly. We mentioned this was our first stay at Paris and asked if any complimentary upgrades were available, or if we could have one of the newely remodeled rooms. We were given a great room on 29th floor facing the Paris Balloon, Bellagio fountains, and Eiffel tower. Room was very clean, belldesk had luggage up to room in a few minutes. Baths were nice all marble with seperate glass enclosed shower and tub.

We ate at the Paris buffet for dinner (skip it) not worth the $53.00 we paid. Gambling was pretty good at property. Found lots of $10 dollar tables, and even won a little on the slots. Common areas of hotel were kept clean, and we never encountered any rude staff.

Hotel Bakery / Sandwich shop was excellent we at Breakfast and lunch here. Wife loved the Chocolate Gelato, and I enjoyed the vanilla eclairs. Would stay here again!

• Liked — Newly remodeled rooms
  • Disliked — Traffic in Taxi cab pickup area
  • Stayed November 2004, traveled as a couple