“Paris Stay and The Strip Review”
Review of Paris Las Vegas

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #55 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 15, 2005

Day 5 and 6 landed us (finally) on the Strip itself and a 2 night free stay at Paris was enjoyed by all 3 of us.

Again, we were accommodated nicely with an early check-in and decided to just take whatever room we were given. Unfortunately we didn't get the Bellagio water view this time and while views aren't important to me, I have to admit to feeling somewhat miffed when the only view was a concrete barrier in front of our window. But again, I got over it quickly as I was once again flying out the door for more gambling and shopping.

Paris is simply beautiful....from the moment you walk onto the cobblestone walkways, to the nice furnishings in the room. Having said this, I quickly remembered the negatives from last year's visit.....the extremely bad acoustics that allows you to hear everything around you - other rooms and hallways. The other negative is not being allowed to empty the mini-refrig. They have built in sensors that if you even move one item, it is instantly changed to your room via computer.

But the bathroom is to die for with separate tub and shower....wonderful for 3 women traveling together.

We could have spent every morning between the bakery and crepe places, but forced ourselves to partake in other meals such as the steak special after 11 pm. The dualing piano guys along the path towards Bally's are not to be missed....a great way to pull up a seat and enjoy a drink.

Once again, video keno was tight and in the case of Paris, they are hard to find many. I much prefer to spend my gambling time at the hotels that I stay in, so this is a concern over the long term as I'm sure free visits aren't in the future if I don't gamble much there.

Side trips to casinos were Aladdin which was a new discovery for me and one that I hope to return to over and over (read: they had hundreds of video keno). Tried roulette for the first time on this trip and enjoyed the friendly tables where we got to joke around with people.

Shopping was enjoyed at Wynn, Aladdin, Venetian and an incredible cigar shop across from The Stardust in a little strip mall. 4 older cuban men sit there and hand roll them in front of you. Much better prices then what we were finding in shops like at the Venetian (although it was kind of cool to look at what a $300 cigar was).

Took in a meal at Harley Davidson which was very nice as well. Loved watching the motorcycles moving above us while eating.

We also visited Wynn which is reviewed separately.

15  Thank videokenomom

Reviewed May 15, 2005

I just returned from Las Vegas in May 2005. This was my second trip and my second visit to Paris. I have yet to stay there - but plan to do so next time. If you're coming to Vegas, you really should visit Paris. The food is fabulous (especially the breakfast buffet), the shopping is unique and fun, the casino is huge, the sky and faux buildings add so much to the atmosphere and the lobby-and bathrooms-are absolutely stunning!

14  Thank MontanaGo
Reviewed May 14, 2005

We stayed in the Paris for four days and overall, it was pretty good. We got the room with the view, i.e. overlooking the pool, great view of the bellagio and the eiffel tower. The room was nice with a large bathroom. However, I was surprised that it did not have any ventilation. Moreover, the tub did not look all that great as there was some slight rusting on the bottom that is showing. The room was fairly clean. Although, I found a cracker under one of the chairs when we moved it unintentionally. Overall, I loved our room (mostly because of the view).

Downstairs, it is always packed. Personally, that was kind of a negative for me. I guess it's because of the hotel's location on the strip and that's the way it is on the strip all the time.

The staff were nice and friendly. We realized we left something on our room as we were on our way to the airport. Security staff was helpful although the person assigned to meet us outside our room was there shortly.

We tried the Risque one night and we were disappointed with it. Inside, the club was not "hip" enough. Nothing spectacular.

We also tried to go to the Eiffel Tower and that was good and worth it. We went up there at night and the view was spectacular. We got a lot of good pictures of the strip. Moreover, if you're lucky enough to be there when the water show at the Bellagio is going on, that elevates the experience to another level.

When you're staying there, don't forget to try the pastries in JJ’s Boulangerie. They are absolutely good.... yum yum!!!

Overall, I would recommend Paris if location is top priority on your list and you're ready to spend a little bit more on your accomodation.

• Stayed: April 2005
25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 13, 2005

Five of us stayed at the Paris Las Vegas hotel from May 3rd-8th and had a wonderful time! From the moment we arrived, we felt as though we were actually in Paris, France! The hotel's main entrance takes you through their beautiful casino and gives you the feeling of strolling through the streets of Paris. The hotel was sparkling clean, with very impressive interior decor.

The staff couldn't have been friendlier - from their front desk and concierge staff to their chambermaids and casino personnel! Our rooms were located on the concierge floor and had wonderful views of the Las Vegas strip and Bellagio fountains. The Bellagio fountains are certainly spectacular to observe. However, just make sure you're not someone who likes to go to sleep before midnight, because if you are in a room that faces the strip, the Bellagio fountains' sound show will keep you awake until midnight. But hey, who goes to bed in Las Vegas before midnight, anyway?? I never left the casinos before 1:00am and always felt like I was leaving early! It amazed me to see how busy the casinos were all night long!

We ate meals in two of Paris Las Vegas' restaurants, Mon Ami Gabi and Ortanique - and enjoyed our experiences in both. We also ate delicious crepes from their creperie located off the lobby and shops area. We found the hotel to be ideally situated in the middle of the strip - making it very easy to go back and forth between hotels. Even though Las Vegas has a lot of spectacular hotels, we felt as though we'd made a great choice by picking Paris! Their pool and pool deck are nice and spacious, however, we never took the time to take a swim.

We were a bit disappointed that it cost $25 per day to use the hotel's fitness center (even if you only wanted to use a treadmill for 20 minutes!!). However, this must be the case at all of the Vegas hotels because the Mirage charged a similar daily fee for use of their fitness center when I stayed there a year and a half ago. If you want to jog, you're probably better off following the hotel's suggested Las Vegas strip jogging routes (which are listed in the room guest directories).

We highly recommend the Paris hotel based on their high level of service, variety of excellent restaurants, spacious/comfortable accommodations (our rooms had beautifully tiled bathrooms and lots of amenities) and their sparkling clean casino & shops. We'll definitely stay at Paris Las Vegas again.

We saw a number of evening shows during our stay (the Danny Gans show at the Mirage, Celine Dion's show and the Rita Rudner comedy show at New York New York). All of us agreed that the Danny Gans show was the most entertaining! (the guy is just incredible with the variety of voices and impersonations he displays). Celine Dion is obviously an unbelievable singer, however, her background characters/dancers were a little bizarre
(what's up with the yellow uniformed bellboy and white ghost like characters that seemed to appear in every scene??). Rita Rudner was funny and did a great job in talking about relationships between men & women (although she was squeaky clean with her language and subject matter - I would have preferred her comedy routine be a little more risque, however, the others in my group really liked her show).

We were amazed at how well the city of Las Vegas (especially the airport and Southwest Airlines in particular) handle such a large number of visitors day in and day out! Everything seems to run like clockwork! There were people everywhere...if you don't like crowds, Vegas may not be for you - however, its definitely a fun place to spend a few days (and dollars!!!).
Stay at the Paris Hotel - you won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
34  Thank TLIII
Tampa Bay, FL
Reviewed May 9, 2005

Loved it! Paris was Fabulous, we barely left our hotel! The helicopter ride through the Grand Canyon at Sunset was breath taking. Take comfortable shoes and sunscreen.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
florida
Reviewed May 8, 2005

My friend and I stayed there in aug. 2004. We both had not one complaint. The room was clean and the bathroom very impressive. Breakfast buffett was enough to get you threw untill dinner. Food at breakfast time was of excellent quality. We always book a package deal going to vegas, so we have the option of any hotel. We enjoyed the paris soo much the first time we are doing it again. Give it a try you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed: August 2004
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2005

Just so everyone know. It's $25 a day to use the gym. We were very disappointed. The hotel did offered a route for running, but the route were horrible because all the construction that was going on.
The hotel itself was just okay. They really need to update the carpet, TV (so small), wall paper, and the pillow. We found this nasty stain on the chair that no one bother to clean. The pillows on the bed were very hard and small. The pool was nothing to brag about. But we you are just planing on not being in the room that much than I guess it's okay. We think we will spend the extra money and stay at the Ballagio next time.
Needless to say we weren't all that impress. It's just old and need some updating.

The good things are: The hotel was in the middle of the strip. Good location. Easy to get to everything. IF you rent a car the garge is easy to get to. The restroom was large.

Stay at the Wynn. Just opened 04/28/05 right on the strip. Great location. We heard that its going to be the best hotel on the strip. Waterfall, Farrari showroom, Gucci, Channel, Tiffany & Co. store in the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2005