“Loved Paris”

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2005

Loved it! Paris was Fabulous, we barely left our hotel! The helicopter ride through the Grand Canyon at Sunset was breath taking. Take comfortable shoes and sunscreen.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,067)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2005

My friend and I stayed there in aug. 2004. We both had not one complaint. The room was clean and the bathroom very impressive. Breakfast buffett was enough to get you threw untill dinner. Food at breakfast time was of excellent quality. We always book a package deal going to vegas, so we have the option of any hotel. We enjoyed the paris soo much the first time we are doing it again. Give it a try you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed August 2004
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2005

Just so everyone know. It's $25 a day to use the gym. We were very disappointed. The hotel did offered a route for running, but the route were horrible because all the construction that was going on.
The hotel itself was just okay. They really need to update the carpet, TV (so small), wall paper, and the pillow. We found this nasty stain on the chair that no one bother to clean. The pillows on the bed were very hard and small. The pool was nothing to brag about. But we you are just planing on not being in the room that much than I guess it's okay. We think we will spend the extra money and stay at the Ballagio next time.
Needless to say we weren't all that impress. It's just old and need some updating.

The good things are: The hotel was in the middle of the strip. Good location. Easy to get to everything. IF you rent a car the garge is easy to get to. The restroom was large.

Stay at the Wynn. Just opened 04/28/05 right on the strip. Great location. We heard that its going to be the best hotel on the strip. Waterfall, Farrari showroom, Gucci, Channel, Tiffany & Co. store in the hotel.

4 Thank gatrgrl0015
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2005

May 7, 2005 -

Just returned from four nights at the Paris - part business, part pleasure. I opted for a standard room but still paid a premium rate. I was dissapointed to find the room in state of poor repair and a little less than clean. I'm not usually concerned about how a hotel room is decorated, but I do expect it to be comfortable and clean. A few things I noticed immediatley:

- Some sort of stain on the ceiling.
- The tile on the floor in the shower was cracked and mildewed.
- The bed skirt was filthy and covered in something that appeared to be vomit.
- The phones and remote control were covered in grunge.
- Lots of miscellaneous stains on the chairs.
- The Teflon on the bottom of the iron was peeling off and the exposed areas were rusting.

Apart from that, there was a large convention at the hotel and it seemed like the staff was not equipped to deal with the large crowds. On one evening, my wife and I decided to get something to eat after returning from a show. At 11:00 p.m., we waited for 30 minutes to be seated at Le Cafe. The subsequent service was terrible. As a side note, we ate at Le Cafe several times and each time, the food was good.

At any rate, the Paris did nothing to distinguish itself. The next time i'm in Las Vegas, I think I will spend a few extra bucks and try the Bellagio or Mandalay Bay.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
11 Thank DougDenver
NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2005

We recently stayed 2 nights in Paris after having spent 5 nights at Bally's. At first they gave us a terrible room facing the back, a rooftop and Bally's even though we asked for a room with a view. My husband was so disappointed in the room he finally asked for a P room on the 30th floor. ($60 more per night which included the Rendez-Vous lounge) It was super. Rooms are smaller than Bally's but sufficient. The pool was great BUT.... WHEN are parents going to stop bringing babies in diapers in pools???? Paris ought to post a rule about it and have it enforced by the lifeguards. It's just common sense. The food at the buffet was excellent, the crepes were great at the Creperie and my husband loved the pastries at JJ Boulangerie. The slots , however, were very tight and we didn't win a thing. We didn't even get enough play for our money. One thing that really frosted me was that last year we got 3 free nights comp and casino rate the other nights. This year we only got casino rate and NO free nights. To top things off, upon check-out, the clerk said the computers were down (yeah, sure) and she couldn't apply comp to our bill. All in all, we enjoyed out stay and would go back if we could get a good rate.

12 Thank crickerpicker
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2005

We stayed at the Paris Las Vegas during the recent FEI World Cup, April 20-24. Overall we were very pleased with our stay. I checked in at the airport and just walked right up to the counter. When you make it down to baggage claim, turn right and walk all the way back. I cannot say enough good things about this service. Fast, efficient, friendly, accommodating, and NO LINE! I wasn't sure that I was actually in the right place for a moment, the lack of a line through me off! We were in room 2197, which was all the way down at the end of the hall. This might be an issue for some, but didn't bother us. The young lady upgraded us to a better view, though not a "P" room. Oh well, it was a busy weekend. We were still able to see most of the Bellagio fountains at night. Very neat. Our room was really lovely - spotlessly clean, comfy beds, HUGE bathroom. I did notice a few dings and scratches but overall nothing that really bothered me. Housekeeping did an excellent job keeping us in clean towels etc. With one exception, all the hotel staff we encountered was pleasant and helpful. I did notice a reduction in the silly use of "Bonjour" etc. IMO, this is a GOOD thing :-) We ate at several restaurants at the Paris during our stay: JJ's Boulangerie, Le Cafe il Ste. Louie and Mon Ami Gabi. JJ's and Le Cafe were decent, if nothing to write home about but we just loved Mon Ami Gabi. One of the most enjoyable meals I've had in quite some time. Charming waiter, great food, and lovely ambiance. We gave Le Buffet a pass, mostly due to the lines. The Spice Market Buffet at the Aladdin was quite good though. My one and only issue with the Paris (and pretty much every strip hotel in Las Vegas) are the truly ridiculous prices they expect for things like bottled water and soda. I should have known better! Next time, I'm bringing my own. We loved the Paris and really enjoyed our time there. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

17 Thank winterhart534
Peterborough, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2005

We stayed at the Paris for 4 nights and had an excellent time.

Just make sure that if you asked for a non-smoking room you get a non-smoking room. We arrived late and were given a "nasty" smoking room due to lack of availability. I called down to the desk and they were very obliging by offering to send up housekeeping and ensured that we had a clean non-smoking room by 9 am the next day. We had an excellent view both times of the pool and the strip. The bathroom was roomy and we loved the shower.

Overall, the room was very nice, the front desk was friendly and efficient, the concierge was helpful and anticipated what we needed - brochures etc. and for the most part the wait staff were nice - you can't let one person ruin your entire time!

We tried other buffets in the area and we felt the Paris offered more interestng variety, loved the coffee pot on the table at breakfast, and of course the creperie The only thing that they could have improved was to put more staff on at creperie and the pastisserie shop - 3 people trying to wait on 20 people on a sunday morning ordering a variety of coffee drinks -mon dieu!

The only thing is we couldn't understand why the pool closed so early - why not keep it open a little later to maybe 8 or so. I guess they want you gambling in the casino? Ensure that if you are gambling that you get a connection card to use there, at Ceasar and Bally's.

We walked the strip comparing our hotel to the others and felt we had made the best choice - well the Bellagio was pretty impressive but compared to some of the others we were pretty happy with our choice.

We would definately return!

20 Thank Hedgren