“Paris Hotel”

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #56 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Hotel is showing its age. They need to make an investment in the rooms. The red rooms are nicer, but the others are a bit unpleasant and feel old and dirty. The casino is great and the food available downstairs is okay. Front desk staff was helpful. Too many other options in Vegas to stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Write a ReviewReviews (25,977)

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed at the Paris for a week ,really liked the location ,centre of the strip ,comfortable rooms ,beds, and reasonable shower/ bath .For buffet all you can eat i recommend The New York hotel ,good food also at The Twin Peaks restuarent , did the GRAND CANYON helicoptor trip its a must all in all good trip in Vegas ps go up the Eiffle Tower to appreciate the BELLAGIO FOUNTAINS

Room Tip: Go high floor and rear of hotel for sleep quality but not for scenary
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Firstly, despite what was a thoroughly dispiriting experience, I'd actually say that the Paris is not a terrible place to stay. It's really well located in the centre of the strip, the room was spacious, the bathroom bordered on luxuriant and the breakfast buffet was varied and tasty. The casino floor was fine and the 'Parisian ambience', during quieter moments, bordered on the charmingly authentic. Also, the staff I had dealings with were polite, courteous and empathetic. All that said, I came away from the hotel feeling duped and naïve.
As has been written on these pages previously, the decor is tired and my room still had the collected detritus of previous residents lying under the bed, languishing in drawers and staring back at me from open cupboards. Also, the whole place wreaked of stale smoke but I guess that's the nature of all hotel rooms in Vegas. I was prepared for this and given the low price paid was happy to 'suffer' these minor inconveniences.
What I found dispiriting and what ruined my stay was the sense of being 'ripped off'. A $15.00 early check in fee, (Would have been $25 had I not been waiting in line for nigh on 30 minutes), a $20.00 per day 'resort fee', my 'inclusive' breakfast actually being a $9 voucher to eat at Nosh in Ballys casino and an additional $15 fee for the use of a second ipad! Plus tax! If you read your terms and conditions carefully a lot of this information is hidden in the small print, so fair kop, you got me Paris. Well done - I'm the fool and you've managed to get more share of my wallet. But what about my 'customer experience'? Like you care! (Note the complete absence of responses from anyone at Paris to complaints previously posted).
I spoke with Steve, a duty manager who explained the hotel's position and that this is how they have to operate in order to compete. I do empathise to a degree - if The Paris opted for transparent charging they would lose customers to other establishments with a more opaque charging structure. If I'm honest, had I known the full cost up front I'd have stayed in the Venetian. It is a business model - very much like that of Ryan Air, based on the belief that if you set your headline price low enough you'll get enough customers through the door no matter how much you proceed to dupe them once their credit card details have been taken. I guess it's up to the consumer to be more savvy. Take heed!

1  Thank salfordladsclub
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

We have been in Vegas many times over the years and always stay on the strip. We have stayed at the Paris hotel more than once but haven't been back for a few years. We made the mistake of staying at the Paris this week. We have a room with a great view of the strip on the 21st floor. However, what we discovered on our first nite is that the Cosmopolitan Hotel across the street has outdoor Rick concerts in their pool deck which is right on the Strip. The volume is so loud that it literally vibrates the windows of our hotel room. The music does not stop until 2:00 AM. There was another concert last nite and again tonight Thursday nite. I called the Paris hotel manager and they said there is nothing they can do about it since there is no city ordinance prohibiting noise on the Strip. I called the Cosmopolitan to complain and was told "Well you know you are in Vegas." I called the Las Vegas police and was told there was nothing they could do since the hotel has a permit that permits these conferences to go on at that decibel level and to that hour if the morning. Obviously I have a choice of what hotel to stay at and I will not be staying at the Paris ever again. Hopefully with this review, people who might be considering the Paris hotel or any other hotel near the Cosmopolitan will think twice assuming they want to actually get some sleep after gambling and going to shows. Shame on the Cosmopolitan Las Vegas management and shame on the Las Vegas Municipal Government for permitting this noise pollution in the middle if the night.

Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank CruiserSam
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We just spent four nights in The Paris and had a great stay. We love the Parisian style of the hotel and the theme, but next time would pick one of the newer ones such as The Cosmopolitan or Aria (free wi fi!!)

We arrived late afternoon to the longest check in line I have EVER seen anywhere! But once we were through the slow check in we got to our room. Overall the room was OK, it was comfy and we had a good view of strip - it's worth upgrading for the view, and the lights, as the location is so good on the strip. The bathroom clean and functional with basic toiletry products, nothing wow, but everything you need.

You get ONE wi fi code per room. Note, if their are two of you, only one can have access for free within the room and pool area for one item. Anything more and you have to pay! Check - other resorts have FREE unlimited access wifi.

We used to pool in the third floor which was great. Music playing (different every day!!). Disappointed that no food in pool bar one day at all so we had to get fully dressed to go downstairs into the casino for food

The food options are great with the restaurants here. We ate in La Provençal (ok) , the Ile St Louis Cafe (long queues but very good breakfast), the Sugar Factory (lots of fried and very salty food!) and Mon Ami Gabi (very nice!)

Breakfast was included in our bill but we weren't told where to get it and never found out!

The Paris is linked to lots of a number of hotels - Rio, Ballys, Planet Hollywood, Caesars so you can charge food and drinks to your room from all and we took advantage of this too. That's really helpful!

There is a Spa and this is good too. I had a pedicure and my husband had a very good sports massage - he was offered the choice of male or female masseuse and rated it highly.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Florian W
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The staff was all wonderful... very friendly and helpful. Food was decent and at (comparatively) good pricing with only one or two exceptions. The location is phenomenal, and although the rooms are a little dated they're fairly well maintained and decently furnished. My big gripe, though, is the noise from outside. I asked for a view of anything but the parking garage and I got the 24th floor with a killer Strip/tower/Bellagio view. I was thrilled - until I tried to sleep. The noise from the Paris and Cosmo nightclubs us seriously loud. Make that rediculously loud. Inexcusably loud. No soundproofing at all... And they have a permit to go until 5am Friday and Saturday nights. I love the Strip view, but I can't take the noise so I'll be choosing a different resort next time.

• Stayed: September 2013