“Expected rooms to be nicer.”
Review of Paris Las Vegas

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #56 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Loved the restaurants, casino, and shops within the hotel. And, the pool and exterior of the hotel was impressive. The room floors, however, need make-overs. The hallway leading to our rooms had holes in the baseboards of the walls, which appeared to have been made by carts being pushed into them. Both of our rooms had peeling wallpaper, and stained carpets. It looked like a piece of furniture or a frig. had been removed from each room, leaving stains where they had been sitting. All in all, we had a great time at the Paris due to outstanding restaurants, great shows, and casinos. Don't think we will return though, as there are so many hotels to choose from, and we were disappointed in our room.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The first impression of Paris after we had parked our rental car was big Shell ads posted on the elevator doors from the parking garage. It was like entering a gas station..
Second impression was the smell of cigarette smoke/nicotine that hit us when we were walking towards the reception area. Not a good smell..
Check-in was about 30 minutes wait in an airportlike labyrint que. We problaby arrived at the bussiest time, 1515, so we can blame our self for that I guess.
We were aware of the resort fee of 20 or so USD, so that didn't come as a surprise to us. The resort fee covers free Internet among other things. But get this, it covers free Internet for one device only! I thought it was a joke! We were three persons in the room. Of course each one of us have our own smart phone, two of us had iPads. The "resort fee" was not per person, but PER room. But using the free Internet was only for ONE person. How ridiculous is that?! What will be the next? Only one person is allowed to watch TV? Only one person can use the hair dryer?
I don't really see the point of the so called "resort fee" at all. Why couldn't the base fare just have been 20 dollars higher, and then include the things included in the normal fare. But I see that most Vegas resorts have the "resort fee" added to the base fare. At Mandalay Bay, wich we also stayed at, it was not limitations on how many devices that could use the Internet.
Other than that the room was OK. And the Paris feel at the casino level was pretty cool. With the blue ceiling it felt like being outdoors.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank torlovin
Reviewed September 8, 2013

You can not beat the location of Paris - right smack dab in the middle of the strip beside Planet Hollywood and Bally's, across from Bellagio. The hotel is smaller inside so it is so easy to great around and not get lost and all the rooms have the one elevator entrance so you aren't wandering around trying to find it. The rooms are nice and clean. We stayed here last year and loved it, this year we were on the 7th floor facing a roof - which not a big deal as you aren't in your room for more than a few hours anyways but it was definately better last year being high up. Our air conditioning didn't seem to work all that great neither this time, unless we set the temperature super low. We had to call maintainence for our bathroom one morning and they were there quickly and everything was fixed which was great.

We just found the service around the casino area to be quite poor this trip. It was extremely hard to get a drink or even find someone to order one.

There are plenty of restaurants in Paris - Mon Ami Gabi is very good and so is the St. Louis. We got the room for a great price though and were happy with our stay overall. We had asked for a King size bed when we booked - both couples - and neither one of us got a King - 2 queens instead but not a big deal.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've been to Las Vegas many times but this is the first stay at Paris. First impression, the casino is dark, table minimums seem to be 10+, bars charge $6.95 for a bottle of beer. This may be a bad start but most of the large casino's in Las Vegas charge the same for the beer and smaller casino's like this one has higher table minimums. There is a direct walk through shops and eateries that takes several minutes and you end up in Bally's where there is a larger casino and $5 tables. Just as a side note, Ballys has cleaned up and modernized their casino so I had no problem going there. Back to Paris, check in time is 3pm and if you want a room earlier, pay a fee. For the people who aren't regulars to Vegas, fees are everywhere. My room online for wed-sat went for $44 for wed and thur, $116 fri. But thats not the real cost. Las Vegas (most hotels) charge a resort fee. This varies by hotel but Paris is $20/night but they sacrifice free local phone calls and wi-fi in the room. On top of that is the usual taxes, so my 3 nights cost $300 overall. I got a pretty good deal considering the quality of the hotel overall and the room with wi-fi, and get this, a mini fridge in the room. Most places try to get you for $15-20 per night extra for that. The were plenty of elevators and my wait both up or down was probably about 20 seconds, no kidding even on friday. I paid for the lowest price room but they gave me a room at the end of the hall in a corner. The room was big and had windows on 2 walls. I didn't pay extra for a view so the room looked out over roofs but did have some distant mountain views. I liked the room, the furnishing were the same as on the hotel website, It felt like a living room at home with carpeted floors. There was a flat screen hd tv with multiple channels, including some spanish and chinese offerings. The bath was nice and modern, large, shallow tub, glass enclosed shower, stone tile floors and single sink. I did notice that all the bath fixtures where Kohler. In the room was 2 chairs, small coffee table, love seat, separate area with a writing desk and the customary closet with laptop size safe. The bed was standard, no problem here, 5 pillows and triple sheets. Overall very happy with the room, especially at the price I paid. While I was booking this trip, and after reserving, I kept checking the prices on various websites and the casino's site. I used to get better deals or with some inclusions (such as a free buffet) at Vegas.com. But my last 2 trips, Paris and Flamingo, I got the best deal at Caesars website. (Caesars owns these hotels). Also as a side note for the people who want to get the best price, when I originally looked the prices up at Paris on their website, prices where different for the same room depending how you booked it. When I entered wed to sat, the price was considerably higher than making two separate reservations one for wed and thurs, the other for fri. Thats because weeknights were under a promotion and friday wasn't. Therefore if I booked altogether they wouldn't give me the promotional rate. Now onto the pool area. I have been to the pools at Stratosphere, Monte Carlo, Mandalay Bay, South Point, Flamingo and Paris, This is the one I prefer. If you want a rowdy party, go to one of the pool "clubs" some of the other hotels offer. The pool here is on the third floor at the base of the Eiffel Tower at the front of the property. The pool deck is large, open, not overflowing with chairs, has drink service and overall clean. The pool is a single large pool set in the middle of the deck, check out google earth for a good view. The water was cold and very nice on a 100 degree day. I was impressed by not being overcrowded and the view was very nice, not just looking at buildings but a view of the Eiffel Tower overhead, and seeing down the strip, yet none of the street noise. When the Bellagio fountains went off in the afternoon you can see the upper portion of them. Onto the next subject, I did not eat at any of the restaurants onsite. I have places that are less expensive that I would rather go to. But overall, nice hotel, nice rooms with some added features, close to alot of other resorts with things to see. I'll go back. For anyone who wants to know anything else or for people on a tight budget, feel free to contact me through my tripadvisor account. I'll be glad to share what I know about Vegas.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room, very spacious
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank khill603
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I believe that some of the rooms are redone but you pay more for these. I however spent more time outside of the room and didn't care about views - just quiet and clean place to stay.

We arrived for our girls weekend after midnight on Labor Day weekend. The lobby was almost deserted and we were checked in fairly quickly. Quick note here - the room keys are extremely sensitive. Keep far away from your cellphones and your credit cards! Trust me, we were locked out not even twenty minutes at the hotel. :)

The room: large and spacious as was the bathroom. There was plenty of space to spread out and relax. The biggest issue? The tv was not centered so only the bed closest to the windows had a direct view. Also we had to turnoff the ac unit. It was just too cold even at higher settings.

Overall, it was quiet and the beds clean and comfortable.

The furnishings did need overhaul but were ok. The whole place needs a bit of renovation but being in the center of strip - across from Bellagio and Ceasar's as well as close to the other attractions make the Paris a fine stay for us.

There is also the fact that their restaurants are awesome and the drinks fantastic. I even lugged the Eiffel Tower cup home though what I will do with it is beyond me.

Just be sure to specify a nonsmoking room/floor. Everyone seems to smoke there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were greeted by Tamara in the Platinum check -in. She kindly upgraded us to a Red Room and when I called, because we didn't have a view, arranged for us to change rooms two days later. Our view was of the Belliago fountains and the room was a good size. They had mentioned that we would be able to hear the nightclub, but it wasn't too bad.

The buffet was very good, Mon Ami was very good also. See if you can sit outside to watch the fountains if you can...worth it.

All in all, it was a great stay and we were very happy with the staff .
Jersey Boys is a great show too. They had a buy one get one for seniors.

Room Tip: Red Rooms are are nicer and corner rooms are larger. The view rooms look over the pool and Belliag...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Paris 9/3-9/6. The hotel is in a great location on the strip. The location really makes it easy to walk around and see the sights. The rooms are nice and clean. The room service staff was friendly and attentive. The overall rating of the property is not higher because of the buffet. The food was just like any other buffet (nothing special) but watching the manager yell at his staff because there was a line to get in (at breakfast) and "nobody told him"; well let's just say that left a bad taste in my mouth. It is the managers responsibility to know what is going on in the restaurant and then to reprimand the service staff in front of guests-shame, shame, shame.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple