“A Decent Hotel on the Las Vegas Strip”
Review of Paris Las Vegas

Paris Las Vegas
Ranked #57 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Paris probably deserves a 3 ½, but since that rating wasn't available, I rounded up. Overall Paris is a decent low-mid priced Las Vegas Strip hotel. For this trip, I stayed one night in a “Red Room Luxury;” which while adequate, was not exactly what I’d consider luxurious. For a better depiction, please see my attached photos.

As for the hotel overall, here’s my pros/cons list:

Pros:

 Top notch location across from Bellagio, between Planet Hollywood and Bally’s. This is about as mid strip as it gets.
 The Parisian décor of the lobby/ common areas is kind of cool. Dated, but cool.
 Lots of restaurant choices from high end (Gordon Ramsey Steak), very good mid-level (Mon Ami Gabi), to decent fast casual sandwich/ pizza spots
 Two center of the action casino bars
 Can be very aggressive with rates, and is a definite step up from hotels such as Bally’s, Flamingo, or Monte Carlo
 The casino has a nice open feel to it, which makes it a nice place to hang out
 Chateau, Paris’ nightclub, has one of the top patios on the strip – go just to check out the view, even if you’re not staying at the hotel

Cons:

 Though my room had a minibar, it wasn't stocked (see pictures). It seems recently they have moved minibar items to a “quick serve” selection in room service, with room service prices/ surcharges (plus the lack of instant gratification)
 The beds are so-so, and in a king size Paris only provides 3 pillows with white “change after every guest” sheets, the other pillows are brown throws (which typically don’t get cleaned too often, and DEFINITELY not after each guest). To put it bluntly, I don’t like this.
 Service is hit or miss. While all the bartenders I encountered were great, the front desk agents were more interested in talking about each other’s nails than checking me in, and my waiter at Gordon Ramsey Steak was a bit tough to find.
 The towels in the bathroom are paper thin, and they only provide you with two bath sized ones at a time. If two people are sharing a room, that isn't nearly enough for both to shower.

In sum, frequent Vegas visitors who've stayed other places will not be wowed, nor will they be deeply disappointed in their choice if staying at Paris. That said, rates for various hotels change daily, so if you can snatch a deal at Caesars for within $20 of what Paris is charging, I’d go for it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Theate3541
Write a ReviewReviews (25,024)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights in June, we loved it very much, we had the red room, it had a decent view. The hotel waived our resort fee, they said because we are from overseas which was excellent value, we also got free continental breakfast. I really liked this hotel, the room was nice and clean, it had all the necessities like fridge, coffee machine, in-room safe, which we did not get when we also stayed at the Luxor (would not recommend the Luxor to anyone, stay away from it, it was terrible. Anyway, I would highly recommend Paris to anyone and it is a great value for the quality and the location of the hotel. The pool is excellent and large, but not too deep, with a great view of the Eiffel tower and the hotel. I would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Red Room definitely, better if you can afford it, also great if you can get the front view with the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RPJ19
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Had booked a room in advance but was really surprised to get a view of the strip and fountains which i didn't pay extra for or ask for. Hotel room really huge and clean and cleaned everyday for a super high standard. And a nice surprise is that there was even a coffee machine in the room so free coffee every day which is unusual for american hotels.This was also replenished every day. The Hotel is located center strip so no long walks to the major attractions. Staff there always pleasant plus amazing waitress service in the casino.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our "Petstay" room was a corner room and was spacious and spotless. No odor or dog hair to be found and the carpet looked brand new. Every staff member we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. We were so impressed with our stay here, we wrote a letter to management. We usually stay at the Venetian (without our dog) but have found the service to be lacking there lately. We also enjoyed meals at Mon Ami Gabi and breakfast at the buffet. We didn't order room service but the prices listed were VERY reasonable. I read where some rooms do not have coffee makers but ours did. If I had to complain, it would be that we had to walk through the casino with our dog to the outdoor pottie place and it's a fairly long walk for a pup that has to go.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very nice hotel with plenty of restaurant choices. I was fortunate enough to be upgraded to a Parlor suite which was very spacious. Beds were very comfortable and the pool area is very large with plenty of seating. Poolside cocktail service was a little slow, but it was a Wednesday evening. Slots didn't seem real tight and the bartenders and cocktail servers were quick and attentive. Everything in Vegas has become so expensive over the past few years, however The Paris Hotel seems a bit more expensive than others. $4 for a bottle of water? I had to spend $17 on a small bottle of sunscreen. The Tequilla Bar at the adjacent Bally's Hotel & Casino has some pretty good daily specials.... $2 margaritas, tacos & beer, so we found ourselves over there quite a few times during our 4 day stay. If I could get a decent deal I would stay again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel is very nice, but hotel rooms are only just OK. We think the room we were in was remodeled, as others in our group had worse looking rooms than we did, and I'd say our room was all that great. Obviously the hotel spends their money on their glitzy casinos, shops, and restaurants.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Typical big hotel in Las Vegas. Nice rate from expedia and then on check in the front desk clerk was great. Let me check in early. Great pool area and the gym is ok, but typical of Vegas, not open early or late enough. The room was nice, bathroom was good, all clean. Room service was earlier than estimated.

1  Thank Monte M