“Lovely Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
TN
“Lovely Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We enjoyed our 2 night stay at Paris Las Vegas--the room was clean and well kept. Room service was quick and excellent. Morning coffee within 20 minutes! The casino was fun and lively. We also had an excellent meal (while very pricey) at Gordon Ramsay Steak. The views from atop the Eiffel Tower are amazing. We were treated well by every staff member we encountered.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,889)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Great location and atmosphere. A little outdated in some aspects, but still our favorite place to stay on the strip. Love that its connected to Ballys...our favorite casino. View of Eiffel Tower upgrade for $40/night worth the early check in feature and sites.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Brig1973
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

This hotel is in a great location in the middle of the strip, A+ for location! There are a number of great restaurants in and around here including le Village buffet, and others in Planet Hollywood which is right next store and Ceasers Palace right across the street (skip the Sugar Factory, it is overpriced and food is not that great). The atmosphere and decor in the Paris casino is also neat. Our check in was quick and efficient, although your check in experience will really depend on what time you arrive...we arrived early and there was no lineup, while a few hours later there was a lineup a mile long. There are many "extra" fees you may pay in addition to your room charge (although I'm sure the same is true at any strip hotel)...$15 "early check in" fee, $40 additional fee per night if you want a room facing the Bellagio fountain, $20 per night "resort fee" and so on. Our overall experience at this hotel was great with one big exception...the beds were ROCK HARD. We had a standard room and I understand there are luxury rooms available with nicer beds but of course you would have to pay extra for that! If you like a really firm bed then perhaps this wouldn't be an issue for you!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Roxytraveller
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I travel to Las Vegas every year for fun and thought that Paris would be a great place to stay. The outside is very nice, the casino is cool looking, and Gordon Ramsay is written all over it. I was very excited to stay there. I realized the week before that I accidentally booked my trip wrong and needed to stay an extra night. They were unable to extend my trip for a day since they were fully booked. I decided to stay at Caesar's Palace for a night and that was amazing! While my view wasn't great, the room was very nice. It set the bar pretty high in my opinion. The next day I check into the Paris hotel and they accommodated an early check in for a fee which was fine with me. The elevators up to the rooms are very confusing and you get off the elevator and basically have somewhere around five hallways to choose from (my memory could be failing me, my trip was four months ago). I get to my room and wow was I disappointed! What a dump! That was the first thing I thought of. I noticed the bed was caved in, the bathroom was dated, and all in all the room needed an upgrade. There was a hair on the pillow on my bed, which really grossed me out. Then I went into the bathroom and noticed the tiles had mold in them. Overall this place is nasty! I was quite shocked that Gordon Ramsay would associate himself with a place like this, but he probably gets a suite when he is there so maybe that is the difference. For the money, this place is not worth it! Definitely come in and see the casino, but stay somewhere else that is clean and worth it!

11 Thank ETC1230
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the first time for 4 nights. The hotel itself is very nice and it is in a perfect spot on the strip. The only issue we had was with our rooms. It is a very old hotel and you can totally tell just by walking to your room. The hallways were very old fashioned looking. Upon entering our room, the furniture was very outdated. We had a huge cabinet in front of our bed. It obviously used to house those old boxed televisions but when you opened the doors, they had replaced the tv with a mini fridge. So the mini fridge was hiding behind double doors and was about 4 feet off the ground, very weird. Instead of moving this massive cabinet out of the way, they decided to hang the flat screen tv to the side of it - which is awkward because usually you would like the tv to be infront of the beds. Since the cabinet was infront of the bed, the tv was all the way to the side.
The safe inside the cabinet did not work at all. So everytime we left the room, we had to lock everything in our luggage - not very convenient.
Also, the bathroom did not have a fan in it. Not a good idea after eating buffets all day. It also didnt have a drawstring over the tub to hang wet bathing suits.
We have heard rumors that the whole hotel is being upgraded to more modern rooms. So when we asked for a new upgraded room, they said we had to pay an extra $40 per night! We were staying 4 nights and werent about to dish out an extra $160 for a room that would be a "standard" room once the whole hotel was renovated (this again was just a rumor that all rooms were being upgraded).
I will probably never stay here again. I've stayed at MGM Grand before in a standard room and at the time I thought those rooms were ugly but now it's actually an upgrade from the room at Paris.
Although you can't beat the location. And the exterior of the hotel is fabulous. And although it wasnt in our budget, next time Im in Vegas, I will be going to Gordon Ramsey's Steak located in this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is our 3rd time at the Paris and it didn't disappoint. We had a great room with a view of the strip, Eiffel Tower and Bellagio fountains. Buffet and cafe food is very good.Taylor Hicks was performing in the Napoleon lounge and he was AMAZING! Buy tickets in the lobby area. Casino area could use a little makeover but this hotel is still fantastic and a great deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friends and I stayed at Paris for two nights in May 13. The location was fantastic, we upgraded to a suite which was very spacious and comfortable, and we enjoyed our stay. The only downside was that when checking in we were offered the suite for an extra $60 which we accepted. Unfortunately what they didn't say, and which we discovered at checkout was that it was $60 per night, not "for an extra $60 you can upgrade to a suite" as quoted on check in.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends