“Amazing hotel!”

Ranked #59 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Amazing hotel!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed at the Paris Las Vegas with a group of close friends from April 25 to 29, 2013. Prior to our arrival I was a but hesitant due to the number of bad reviews I read on here. I am very glad that I ignored the negative reviews and kept my reservation at Paris! First, the location was amazing! It was right centre strip making it easy to walk to almost any hotel on either end! My group and I walked as far as to MGM a few times, as well as far as the Venetian on the right side without a problem! We also ate at the Sugar Factory restaurant on a few occasions and although the food was pricey (which was expected anyways) it was really good and the atmosphere was great! We arrived at approximately 9:30pm and only waited about 5-10 minutes to check in. We booked two rooms with two double beds and were quite surprised at how roomy it was when we entered. The room was the basic one in the hotel but did not feel like it! There was a flat screen television, nice French-style furnishings and wallpaper, large beds (queens), and a standup shower and tub! The service at the hotel was also great! We ended up losing a room key and called security. Within minutes they came up and let us in. The pool at the hotel was also very beautiful! I had a great time and the music was bumping!! The only real complaints i had were 1) smoking was permitted in the casino area, which smelled strongly when you passed by and 2) wifi cost money! however with the resort fee, one device per room was free (we didnt end up using the wifi anyways due to being out and about all the time anyways)... but other than that I had a great experience! My group and i were all between 25-26 years old and didnt feel that this hotel was outdated or boring... It was very European-like and at times felt like we were really in Paris... There was a mix of people here, both young and old. I would definitely stay here again. It was a great hotel!! Do not let the negative reviews influence your decision!!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank sainis5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,629)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have stayed at almost every Harrah's property and they are so huge you get lost and have to walk miles to get anywhere. At Paris you may have to walk down the hall to your room but once you hit the elevator you can go right to the spa, casino, restaurants, cafes, with just a few steps. Awesome pool ABOVE the strip so you literally can look down on the people and all around. I'll be honest and say that I am only 2 days into a 8 day trip but already I can say this is the place to stay. I do love the spa at Caesar's (QUA) but I have yet to see Paris. But the housekeeping and rooms and TVs and everything you would want is awesome!

Room Tip: You will get a better room if you are a gambler -- I am a Diamond Club member so I do get some benef...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank FrugalButFirstClass
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very loud music from the disco played until 2 am. Room was on floor 28 facing the strip and could hear it and FEEL it (the bed sometimes vibrated from the bass). I was warned about this when given this room, but didn't think it would be that bad. It was. You'd think the comfort of hundreds of guests would prevail over the disco. Who rules this place, the hotel or disco? Felt like a cheap Mexican hotel.

The same dirty glasses lined the hallway during our 2 night stay. How hard would it be for housekeeping to pick them up?

Room Tip: Room facing the strip is beautiful but prepare for LOUD & VIBRATING music from disco.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank marcene
Calumet City, Illinois
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Food was good, rooms were spacious, clean and comfy. Don't particulary care for the deception of free pool, workout facilities and wifi when you pay a daily service fee which essentially covers the cost of that! Flew in at midnight Friday, walked the strip all morning and was told that if we checked in before 3, there would be a $25 early check in fee! You could clearly see we were exhausted and needed sleep, and when I told Mary Ann at the registration desk on Saturday, April 20th how tired we were and would appreciate it we could access our room and since we were staying there for 7 days if she could waive the fee, she blurted out with a fake as fake can be smile that it was above her pay grade. Her action of sincerity was so fake, it upset me and my girlfriend to the point where we decided not to pump one penny in any of the slots at the Paris because of this one woman, and we did not!!! We ate most of our meals outside of the hotel as well!

The icing on the cake is one day, when coming back from a show on Wednesday evening, April 24, we were approached by a man handing out tickets to the club on the Eiffel Tower. He said admission was free and drinks were free from 11 to midnight. We got there around 11:15 and when I turned in the tickets, they guy told me my girlfriend was free and my admission was $20! (Isn't that like ladies night and is considered discriminatory and somewhat illegal????) I said that is not what I was told and they rudely started to open the rope as to let me out, so we left. On the way out, I said to the bouncer (whose name i did not get but he was stocky and bald) I was told admission for the both of us was free when I was handed these tickets and what he could do about it! Guess what!!!!???? He says it was above his pay grade!!! Obviously, the hotel coaches their employees to say this to derail the complaint! BULL!!!!!!!!!!! I told at least 25 people about this when I got back home and word of mouth is very powerful advertising! These two experiences left such a bad taste in my mouth, I will not return there. I think Caesars, Wynn and Venetian are the best hotels on the strip!!!! That is my recommendation!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff L
Tanworth in Arden, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I don't know why but I didn't think to check on the smoking laws for Vegas before I went, although it wouldn't have prevented me going, I think I may have tried to find a less smokey hotel. We arrived at 1am and you have to go via the casino to reception so you were immediately hit by the smoke. It took about half hour to check in even at that time of night (morning) and the reception staff were very surly. We had booked a Red room which was on 34th floor and it was a lovely room. We had expected a better view but on reflection the ones with the better views were the ones who were kept up at night by the noise of the strip or other hotels. We didn't hear any noise (although we weren't in the room much before midnight most of our 4 night stay).

We had fab weather for our stay which was a bonus having just been to Hawaii and got fab weather there too. Most afternoons we would go to the pool on 3rd floor, the atmosphere was great with a DJ and so much going on, really good fun. Only thing was as it was early in the season they weren't doing food and didn't really have enough servers for the bar, they could have made a lot of money if they had put on food and more servers as it was crowded.

The Paris is very central for most things, though don't do what we did and think because you can see a hotel up close, think it would be a short walk! It could take an hour to get to the next hotel, especially if you stopped to watch all the pavement entertainers along the way..... This really is a place where you should not go to rest, there is so much going on. It was a special birthday for my husband when we were there and I had arranged a helicopter ride and Champagne picnic in the Grand Canyon, it was spectacular and highly recommended although not booked through the hotel.

The hotel itself, as noted in other comments, really could do with some TLC, it is a constantly busy hotel and clearly has a lot of wear and tear and it shows. Put in some better extractor fans to take away the smoke, or pump in something with a nice smell (as some other hotels do), it would be much more pleasant and may even encourage more people to linger in the bar areas.

There isn't much information about things going on in the hotel but we stumbled upon a mini concert a couple of evenings (early evening) which were really good, you didn't have to pay although as with everything in the US, you were expected to tip! That was fine as we had a really good time but they could make much more of this if they advertised.

We will definitely go back to Vegas but I wouldn't stay at the Paris again, it is in a really good location but just needs updating and the front desk staff could do with a bit of customer service training.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LonTraveller8
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was my 2nd stay at Paris Las Vegas and I had a wonderful time. The rooms and nice, clean and spacious. The front desk staff and everyone working on the casino floor were very friendly and hospitable.
The main bar on the casino floor has a daily happy hour and the bartenders are very good.
The pool is lovely and very peaceful.
I will definitely stay here the next time I visit Las Vegas.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor that faces the Vegas strip. The view at night is fabulous.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tina C
Traverse City
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Good service but its showing its age. Room was clean but the carpet made it feel dirty. Whatever you do, don't get a room over the nightclub. I couldn't sleep with all the noise. Food was ok but overpriced in my opinion. The location was great to walk the strip.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business